OP NinjaGoldfishGC

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
The community is not broken just because the community does not like 343i way of making Halo. The problem is that 343i would probably be successful if the audiens who play there games would be a different audiens. But sins 343i are making halo games thay should have the halo gammers as ther prio one audience but it seams like thay are trying to get the cod games over to halo.

#iWillNotBuyHalo5

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/iwillnotbuyhalo5/b414827f-3aaa-4d41-bc6e-a756dd99e717/posts
I just reported you for spam, enjoy your ban
I agree. This is not halo reach, this is not halo 3, this is not halo 2, this is not COD, this is halo 5 guardians. Halo 5 is not made by bungie, it is made by 343 industries, it is a game of its "OWN" and is the creative prowess of 343, their "addition"/ their own take to the halo franchise. Please for the love of God stop whinging, if you have an actual bug like not making it over the start in breakout (because that is an actual fault that is being drowned out by "babies") post it, but don't ask for no sprint, no ads or no COD controls. Please enjoy the beta and have fun!
343 won't be the ones to kill Halo.
The purists and their stubborn refusal to adapt to the little things, is what will ultimately kill this
Sheogora7h wrote:

The purists and their stubborn refusal to adapt to the little things, is what will ultimately kill this
You people continually say the dumbest things.

If "Purists" don't buy Halo 5 because they don't like the new features THEY ARE NOT the ones killing Halo. It's not their responisiblity to adapt and keep Halo alive that is 343's job. 343 would be the ones KIlling Halo for not making a Halo game that the majority of Halo fans like.

This is really simple. The company has to make a product that the majority will pay for if they don't then they will not get a lot of sales and their game will fail because of themselves
So, since the realese of Halo 2, the Halo community has gone mad with hatred.
Fixed that for you.
Couldn't agree more! It was a great idea on 343i to put all games into one! Like you said it's never been done before so obviously there were going to be huge bug to fix. They even gave every halo fan what they always wanted (remake of halo 2). They are on the right track by listening to the halo fans! I have played the beta a lot and it's different but I still have that same halo feeling as I play. It's more fast paced gameplay which is awesome for halo! Some people just can't accept or adjust to change. Keep it up 343i!!
So, since the realese of Halo 4, the Halo community has gone mad with hatred. Some people like Halo 4 some people hated it, and people that hated it abused 343i for doing so. Apparently there is no such thing as constructive criticism in this community it's just abuse. Yes Halo MCC multiplayer is broken, yes we did buy it thinking it would be working at launch, but take into account that the work behind the MCC is amazing, 4 different game engines in one game disc, which can change instantly! That had never been done before! But the community only sees the bad!

Let me ask a couple of questions. What if Bungie stayed with Halo and produced the exact same games with the exact issues? Would the community still play this blame game? More than likely no. because Bungie is the greatest right? No, Destiny is a good game don't get me wrong, but the rewarding system is broken, the storyline made next to no sense and when you thought it was picking up, Nope just kidding buy DLC's, but Bungie gets away with it, why?

Now Halo 5, people are beginning to make statements like, Halo 5: Guadians more like Halo 5 Advanced Warfare, no, you know what CoD: Advanced Warfare is, TITANFALL!! And no one says anything? Why? 343i is dumping the armour ablities and load outs, for the community and the feed back they have received but no not good enough for a lot of people. The ranking system in Halo 5 is returning from Halo 2 and 3 but no not good enough? Yes I am fanboying here but it's because I'm sick of seeing the game series I love receive so much hate.
I agree, I do think the Halo community is kind of sad, stagnant and averse to any kind of change. Gamer communities need to grow up a bit. It's good to be a fan of a particular game but that doesn't mean all other games are crap. Game developers include innovations from other games all the time, and they put their own spin on them. This is one way in which games advance over time.

Some offer constructive criticism and offer opinions but even most of them just want Halo 3 to be remade over and over.

The rest cry and whine about how a change they didn't particularly do well with is a game breaker.

I liked many of Halo 4's changes and still play it today along with a lot of other people. It's a faster game but still feels very much like Halo to me!

With all of that said the MCC is a mess and it never should have been that way. Still waiting for it to be fixed completely.

Look, I think people should be able to play the games they want and if Halo 3 is that game enjoy! Once the MCC is fixed up you'll be able to play it for years to come.

However, change is inevitable. Things need to move forward for Halo to be relevant.
It's the damn purest. They are never happy.
It's the damn purest. They are never happy.
So Purists must buy Haloo 5 whther they like it or not or else they are repsonible for Halo failing adn dying?

So if Activision releases a new COD game without Sprint, prestiges, loadouts, killstreaks etc and the old school "purists" don't buy it and it fails it is their fault for not buying a product that they do not like?

Oh Ok that makes sense -_- I swear I lose brain cells reading peoples comments
Your going to always have people who like or dislike something. At the end of the day though we all agree we want Halo to be successful for the people (like me) who grew up with Halo it's harder to accept change, but as i've grown i've realized change is neccessary. If Halo 5 guardians released exaclty like halo 3 or Halo 2 just with better graphics the online community would drop just the same as halo 4. The reason why i'm confident in saying that is because Halo for it's time and even now is arena shooter first and foremost, Halo is pretty much the last of the arena shooters on consoles. The FPS landscape has changed and Halo has struggled to adapt to change.

So people are going to react negatively when you mess with it's unique style of gameplay, but i think what most of the old school players need to realize that it's impossible to replicate that same success that same simplicity that old halo games prided itself on. Games have become more complex as game design has gotten better we have more choices in the games we play now. With that said for the people who are open to change, these people need to realize that Halo of old prided itself on challenge and a rewarding competitive environment. And while i do side with the people who are open to change we also need to make sure it's a logical step in the right direction. Halo 4 was not a logical step. And it's understandable that people are cautiously optimistic about Halo 5's performance.

But i believe completly giving up on it is even more foolish. Halo is not going to be the same and it may never reach that same success again. People need to understand that ,and not let nostalgia cloud them from future titles that are going to be different. Because at the end of the day if you don't like it then you need to leave because Halos going to keep changing and it's not going to be easy for alot of people, thats the inevitable truth. All we can do is try are best to have our voices heard and try to give them as much feedback as we can to make a great Halo game. A logical step imo is what they've done with Halo 5 by adding that 4th layer. Halo 3/Halo reach/Halo 4 all had either equipment or abilities and that was what bungie and 343i was struggling to get too. Halo 5 has that 4th layer now, the question is will that 4th layer (mobility) that they added work. Who knows but it is a logical step in the right direction for a modern arena shooter. All we can do is hope that it succeeds, but i've realized now that if it does succeed Halo 5 will still lose people who want the Halo of old. And that's just one of the consequences of change, people either adapt or they don't.
If only 343 would release copy-&-paste iterations of Halo that played identical to each other with nicer graphics, everything would be fixed!

And these Halo "fans" complain that they dont want Halo to "become" COD.

The hypocrisy is strong.
Sheogora7h wrote:

You people continually say the dumbest things.

If "Purists" don't buy Halo 5 because they don't like the new features THEY ARE NOT the ones killing Halo. It's not their responisiblity to adapt and keep Halo alive that is 343's job. 343 would be the ones KIlling Halo for not making a Halo game that the majority of Halo fans like.

This is really simple. The company has to make a product that the majority will pay for if they don't then they will not get a lot of sales and their game will fail because of themselves
mhhh i think of a video game as ART, 343i is a "great" bunch of artists....and with everything art relatedy there will be people who dont like the art or just a tiny bit of it....

what i just dont get is, nobody knows the end product, what playlists will be available, how those playlists will differ.... may be if u reach a certain rank in H5 lets say Onyx an above the gameplay will change, other loadouts or the balance/ handling will be different and so on...........i dont know what will come and neither will you/ "purists" know how h5 will be like!

AND thats the main thing that pisses me off, if u dont like the Beta OKAY give it ur feedback but pls stop whining, raging and all this other stupid stuff u soooo called "purists" do, u think if u cry out loud enough 343i will take u seriously? i doubt that.... its sounds like a child who didn´t get the right present for chrismas....

just be glad 343i is giving u a chance to be a part of the team, so u can give feedback and make the best halo possible!

PS: english is not my 1st language so i apologize beforehand!
If only 343 would release copy-&-paste iterations of Halo that played identical to each other with nicer graphics, everything would be fixed!

And these Halo "fans" complain that they dont want Halo to "become" COD.

The hypocrisy is strong.
A game should stay relatively the same. Halo CE to halo 2 to Halo 3 had good amounts of change. The games played the same but were new. Halo 3 to Reach to Halo 4 was WAY too much change and the games started looking less like the Halo we all knew.

People don't want the same game. If I wanted the same game I wouldn't be complaining I would literally just go play the MCC and the same game. People want a new Halo game that plays like Halo. Not a new Halo game that has more COD features than Halo ones but is wrapped in halo armor

You ever wonder why Call of Duty is so giganticly popular? Because Activison found what works for them and they stuck to it. Their fans get what they want and they stay playing COD. Halo 2 and 3 is what worked for Halo yet for some reason people like you think 343 should just make an entirely new game and try something new.
As a "Halo Purist," if Microsoft with the Xbox One, 343 Industries with Halo 4 and 5, and Bungie with Halo: Reach took a "If it's not broken, don't fix it" attitude, they would not be in the position they are now and would not have all of the negative feedback . The UI of the Xbox 360 was great and we didn't ask for Kinect to be bundled in. Halo 3 multiplayer worked fine apart from all the derankers and cheaters because of a poorly thought-out ranking system. Instead, they make changes for the sake of change rather than sticking with a winning formula.

I just want to play Halo 3 BTB and Halo 3 Living Dead without Creeping Death or Creeping Rockets with Grifball occasionally throw in. Is that too much to ask?
True, about this topic
It's the developers' faults that the community is broken. Bungie didn't have to break Reach, and 343i didn't have to break Halo 4. Had Reach and Halo 4 been better games, the community would no longer be fragmented between Halo and other games.

take into account that the work behind the MCC is amazing, 4 different game engines in one game disc, which can change instantly! That had never been done before! But the community only sees the bad!

No, I see the good too. The bad just outweighs the good because the bad represents such a significant portion of the game.

Now Halo 5, people are beginning to make statements like, Halo 5: Guadians more like Halo 5 Advanced Warfare, no, you know what CoD: Advanced Warfare is, TITANFALL!! And no one says anything?
Where were you during E3? Almost everyone was saying that CoD:AW was a Titanfall clone. So much so, in fact, that IGN made sure to try to debunk the idea during one of their videos.
It is easy for one to look at something and comment only on the faults. It is difficult, however, to look at something and comment only on the good aspects.
Hidanprime wrote:
It is easy for one to look at something and comment only on the faults. It is difficult, however, to look at something and comment only on the good aspects.
had to smile ;-) because its true!
some forums are great for getting information and finding help on topics but the halo forum is not one of those

its a place for haters to vent

because most people who like the current state of Halo are too busy playing it

so take it all with a grain of salt
You are missing the point here. If Bungie made the same games with the same problems there would be just as much hate. There has been post after post explaining in great amounts of detail what is wrong with the game. And im referring to posts that are written coherently and not simply dishing out abuse. Yes, what the have done in getting 4 games together is great but it doesnt work properly. People are getting fed up of waiting and actually playing other games for the SOLE reason that this game doesnt work. And all we get is updates that "fix UI issues". It is just ridiculous.
The product isn't wrong, the consumer is.......right.......
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9