1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
some forums are great for getting information and finding help on topics but the halo forum is not one of those

its a place for haters to vent

because most people who like the current state of Halo are too busy playing it

so take it all with a grain of salt
Of course the this is a place for people to discuss the things they don't like. Taht is sort of the purpose of a beta.

"Most people who like the current state are too busy playing it" That is EXACTLY what Halo 4 fans would say about Halo 4 and then the gasme dieded. The people who don't like it are jkost likely not playing it and not on here
I wish some people could just stop -Yoinking!-. H5 is a good game
It's the damn purest. They are never happy.

So Purists must buy Haloo 5 whther they like it or not or else they are repsonible for Halo failing adn dying?

So if Activision releases a new COD game without Sprint, prestiges, loadouts, killstreaks etc and the old school "purists" don't buy it and it fails it is their fault for not buying a product that they do not like?

Oh Ok that makes sense -_- I swear I lose brain cells reading peoples comments
Im not saying that but they complain about the littlest things like in the MCC the reload animations. Who does that!?
The community is not broken just because the community does not like 343i way of making Halo. The problem is that 343i would probably be successful if the audiens who play there games would be a different audiens. But sins 343i are making halo games thay should have the halo gammers as ther prio one audience but it seams like thay are trying to get the cod games over to halo.

#iWillNotBuyHalo5

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/iwillnotbuyhalo5/b414827f-3aaa-4d41-bc6e-a756dd99e717/posts

Could you say that again? i cant understand what you are saying.... Literally, i can't read that.

ROBERTO jh wrote:
"You only hate 343I because they aren't Bungie" is nonsense. I dislike 343I because they don't listen to the fanbase and release broken on launch products like the MCC and Halo 4."

This is in response to Ramirez (quoting on this site sucks)

How does 343 not listen to the fans exactly? When reach was released and Bungie did nothing to fix their mistakes, 343 patched it by nerfing armor lock and having the option for no bloom, something we asked for. When halo 4 had it's misbalanced sand box 343 updated the game and balanced by making br 4 shot it while also throwing in an all new forge map for free.

When mcc was released and was broken on release 343 opened a forum dedicated to finding and patching it's problems and are giving us ODST, relic and more for free.

When halo 4 was disliked by fans for it's load out multiplayer, 343 went back and made halo 5 an arena shooter, while opening a beta to garner feedback and run tests, just like we asked for a year early.

How does any of that indicate they're "not listening"? They've done more for community support and feedback than Bungie ever did. It sounds to me like you're not paying attention.
That's all true, the only problem with that argument is just how long it took them to do that. The Weapon fix for halo 4 should have been almost immediate.

overall though, i think you are correct. They clearly learned from their mistakes with Halo 4 and have axed all the stupid -Yoink-. No loadouts, no weapon drops, equal spawns, no perks etc. It seems that they are dedicated to actually changing the game based on feedback they are getting as evidence by the fact that the beta is out so long before launch. it actually gives them time to make changes instead of just being a glorified MP demo.
some forums are great for getting information and finding help on topics but the halo forum is not one of those

its a place for haters to vent

because most people who like the current state of Halo are too busy playing it

so take it all with a grain of salt
Agreed.

People generally do not go and create a million threads on forums telling the world they are happy with something. Generally speaking, it's those that have a problem with something that go out of their way to make sure others hear about it. That's just how it is.

Now Halo 5, people are beginning to make statements like, Halo 5: Guadians more like Halo 5 Advanced Warfare, no, you know what CoD: Advanced Warfare is, TITANFALL!! And no one says anything? Why? 343i is dumping the armour ablities and load outs, for the community and the feed back they have received but no not good enough for a lot of people. The ranking system in Halo 5 is returning from Halo 2 and 3 but no not good enough? Yes I am fanboying here but it's because I'm sick of seeing the game series I love receive so much hate.
CoD is different, does anyone actually care about how CoD is? no, it's the same game every year and it sells A LOT. it's just a game to play for a month then throw away. but halo MUST be something outstanding, like it was until halo 4, i played halo reach for 2 years and i still play it , but halo 5, i can tell they haven't put all the energy and effort they could into it, and they had enough time. I don't HATE Halo 5 but i thought 343 could do better...
I wish i could like your post twice. I completely agree with you. All the so called 'Halo Purist' and 'halo veterans' need to get the -Yoink- off this forum. I also liked halo 4. It had it's problems but still a great game. I like halo 5 even more and cannot wait to see some campaign. And tbh. Bungie is dead to me. Now i am not a fanboy, but the fact that playing destiny on playstation 4 gives you more game content than if you choose to play on xbox is -Yoink-, and unfair to gamers. Also the fact the dlc is locked on the disc, and also if you buy the dlc on xbox, you get less for your money than if you did on playstation. Destiny is a -Yoink- game anyway, no story, bad level design and the gameplay is so boring. All the bright minds that made halo stayed with halo, and work for 343.
*wrong quote*
Apparently typing from now to july 5th and posting ill informed and heavily biased opinion provided its long enough is enough to convince the masses.

The community has been broken for some time now. Its always been toxic but people used to argue not about the developer or a "gimmick" but as to what would improve the game.

Notice how the haters cant specify what would improve the game? The new toys that 343 added are not gamebreaking and some are inconsequential. Theres nothing wrong with new halo. Its core is old halo all new halo needs is tweeking and an aestetic makeover. They promised arena and delivered, are you not entertained?

Im convinced that if this was 05 and this was H3 the same people complaining would have a problem with it.
I'm sorry but I am going to fight my hardest to get back to that classic halo feel. 343 have not done enough and its not good enough to say ahh well they did their best or whatever. For example if you ordered a meal from a restaurant and only half of it came you would complain and send it back, you don't just go ahh well the chef tried his best. It is why this community is so great that even though time and time again we a re let down by 343 the majority are still fighting to get back that classic halo feel we all know and love.
So, since the realese of Halo 4, the Halo community has gone mad with hatred. Some people like Halo 4 some people hated it, and people that hated it abused 343i for doing so. Apparently there is no such thing as constructive criticism in this community it's just abuse. Yes Halo MCC multiplayer is broken, yes we did buy it thinking it would be working at launch, but take into account that the work behind the MCC is amazing, 4 different game engines in one game disc, which can change instantly! That had never been done before! But the community only sees the bad!

Let me ask a couple of questions. What if Bungie stayed with Halo and produced the exact same games with the exact issues? Would the community still play this blame game? More than likely no. because Bungie is the greatest right? No, Destiny is a good game don't get me wrong, but the rewarding system is broken, the storyline made next to no sense and when you thought it was picking up, Nope just kidding buy DLC's, but Bungie gets away with it, why?

Now Halo 5, people are beginning to make statements like, Halo 5: Guadians more like Halo 5 Advanced Warfare, no, you know what CoD: Advanced Warfare is, TITANFALL!! And no one says anything? Why? 343i is dumping the armour ablities and load outs, for the community and the feed back they have received but no not good enough for a lot of people. The ranking system in Halo 5 is returning from Halo 2 and 3 but no not good enough? Yes I am fanboying here but it's because I'm sick of seeing the game series I love receive so much hate.
I think you're generalising the people who didn't like Halo 4 as the few "bad eggs" who abused 343 no end..... If you'll take a look around there is a huge amount of constructive criticism within the community. People are well within their rights to disagree with game mechanics etc.

People were annoyed that the MCC collection was shipped in a broken state that they paid full price for, without being warned by 343 that there might be bugs etc. I'm not saying that it was 343's fault, I suspect Microsoft pushing a release date had something to do with it. Again, people are within their rights to be angry at having bought a game with major problems....

Destiny is an entirely different game to Halo, so the comparison isn't quite right. Halo revolves around a great storyline and arena multiplayer, Destiny is much more of a hybrid between MMO's, RPG's and FPS's.

People are making those kinds of posts because Halo is being turned into a very blurred modern day shooter, introducing mechanics that haven't particularly worked well. I agree 343 have removed things, congratulations to them, that they are listening, but there are still major concerns from the community that haven't been addressed or even discussed by 343.

I suggest looking at the well-constructed posts trying to improve Halo (which do include removing certain features) before generalising the community as hating on the game.
Vezvor wrote:
I wish some people could just stop -Yoinking!-. H5 is a good game
true but not a good halo game
Hey
Hey
Hey.

Wanna hear a really easy solution to get rid of all those people who go around and shout '343I RUINED HALO'?
There is a little red x on the right side of your browser.
Click it.
Problem solved.
I have noticed a growing of negativeness since Halo 4. I think it was just because of how different it was from its predecessors. I enjoyed Halo 4, but I wished it stuck to some of the same roots as Halo 2 and Halo 3. Halo: MCC is a different matter though. I can't believe how broken it is. It has been two months. I just had an all nighter with my friends and it went to -Yoink- halfway through the night. I know 343i has been working hard, but it should of been tested better before release. Halo 5 looks promising and hopefully it has a smoother launch.
I agree.
the community has to be willing to change a bit.
personally, I think halo 5 is great so far.
343i definitely has not ruined the Halo franchise. I loved Halo 4, I put it above 2 and 3 on my list. Not saying I didn't love those games too, I just believe Halo 4 was better. Halo played pretty much the same for 3 games, Its nice to see changes. If I wanted to play the same game for the next 10 years I would be a COD player. And no, Halo isnt becoming COD, go away.
The beta is a lot of fun, but I can only play on the same few maps so many time before I get bored. I'm super excited to play campaign and see what the Chief is up to being AWOL and such. Also I'm really looking forward to see what Halo looks when its designed to run on xbone. The beta looks pretty good, obviously is missing textures and all the little final details so I'm assuming its going to look superb once it gets the final coat of paint and polish. Halo isn't dying in the hands of 343i, its evloving.

On a side note, fix MCC multiplayer 343. Do it now.
First off I would like to say that this isn't my gt, I didn't know how to change my username and it wont need to be changed cause this is the only time I will be posting on this forum.. I just wanted to thank all you 343 -Yoink- riders, and game hoppers for ruining halo. you guys are pathetic, your brains cant process map design, you have difficulty outplaying people and you have attention deficit, you cant handle 5 seconds of walking to get to the action instead you need to jump, clamber, thruster pack, sprint and jerk off mid air to enjoy the game. You people are the reason fps games are god -Yoinking!- awful. hopefully you guys all enjoy h5 for the 2 weeks that you play before you switch to a game and repeat. There are a select few people in this forum that have a brain, but other than that, this forum is trash.

GG 343
and don't say you people can't adapt, cause you are the ones that will still get -Yoink- on by decent players even on a -Yoink- game.
343i should get some slack for MCC its the first of its kind. They fix the bugs it will be the best thing since sliced bread. It doesn't matter abt h5 they aren't marketing it too longtime players but the new generation of players. Buy it or not we got what we wanted mcc. So protest and don't it Nov
OP: I totally agree with you. All I can say is that one must presume 343 looks through ALL of the comments related to MCC, the H5 beta, etc. so they are seeing the good comments with the bad. They've gotta be smart enough to know that you can't please everybody and, not to mention, some people just can't be pleased. Let those people live in their sad, depressed, pathetic world and drone on about how bad Halo is. We'll continue to enjoy the game we love!
do you like swimming pools?

Ya I love swimming pools!

well what if I told you I could build you the best swimming pool ever! it will be really big and have a huge waterslide, and a fountain that shoots jolly ranchers!
and the best part is it will only cost you 60$

wow how can you do that?

well you see I'm the best swimming pool contractor in the world, I work for 34E enterprises, I've built lots of awesome pools!

wow that's so cool! I can't wait to invite all my friends over for an awesome pool party, we'll have so much fun and I'll tell them all how awesome you are! and we'll be your most biggest fan and loyal customers forever!

well I better get started on that pool...

*three months later* :/

hey wheres that pool you promised me?

oh yaa that. its finished sorta...

but you just dug a big hole in my backyard and threw some two by fours and ductape in there?

ya but its kinda the same thing, I mean at least there's water in it.. when it rains

but all my friends hate me now, I invited them over to my awesome pool party but I don't have a pool. I want a refund

oh no! but wait you should let me keep the money, I mean, at least you have access to my next pools beta phase!

I hate you

what if I told you I was adding more ductape patches to your pool for free? and some time in May/June I'm gonna add a perfectly functioning Orbital Drop Slide Thingy :D

umm.. :/

*end scene curtains close cast takes a bow*

thank you, thank you

and I'd like to thank 343 for inspiring me to write this, 343 making false promises that they know they can't fulfil and then taking a half -Yoink- attempt at them anyways, good job 343 your above average *thumbs up*
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9