Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Halo isn't what it used to be.

OP BucciBlu

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Do not call out individuals or make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Also, i forgot.
28: Playable Elites
29: Old elite design back.
So for most of your list you essentially want the old games rolled into one and free DLC without micro transactions. SMH.
Nothing more?
SBFC Boyd wrote:
So for most of your list you essentially want the old games rolled into one and free DLC without micro transactions. SMH.
You know there are games out there that do free updates without microtransactions. The anti capitalist devils.

Also most of the map additions in Halo 5 have been forge maps, which should be free anyway.
"Halo isn't what it used to be" Doesn't list a single thing specific to Halo CE.
Zeezke99 wrote:
"Halo isn't what it used to be" Doesn't list a single thing specific to Halo CE.
7: A less forunner/promethean, and more covenant themed story.
9: A return to the Halo rings in some way.
10: A Master Cheif centered story.
13: No microtransaction system.
15: A longer campaign.
17: A better art style
20: Split Screen
21: Better aiming mechanics.
22: A story that appeals to the majority, casual players.
26: Less quick action, special events

Hyperbole, maybe?
BucciBlu wrote:
4: A "Forge World" like world.
You may be getting that in h5.

BucciBlu wrote:
6: A "343 favorites" file share thing similar to the one in Halo 3.
This exists already, in h5. For maps and game modes.
BucciBlu wrote:
So a prequel? Because the Covenant is pretty damn disbanded.
BucciBlu wrote:
8: Brian Reed fired
I'm still unsure if the witch hunt for him is justified. I'm pretty sure he gets told the major plot points, and told to write around them. There's no way higher ups like Frankie don't dictate the story.
BucciBlu wrote:
18: A Halo 2 like Ranking system.
You mean broken, and unclear on how to rank up? Lol it was the worst.
BucciBlu wrote:
Who dat?
Its better than ever in my opinion
yes i agree on the whole 343 favourites it was where i got all the best maps and gametypes from
Its never going to be what it used to be.
Every game is a product of its time Halo is no different, each Halo has added and removed features.
Richnj wrote:
Zeezke99 wrote:
9: A return to the Halo rings in some way.
13: No microtransaction system.
15: A longer campaign.
17: A better art style
20: Split Screen
21: Better aiming mechanics.
22: A story that appeals to the majority, casual players.
26: Less quick action, special events

Hyperbole, maybe?
My word choice was fairly specific.
7. Every game up to Halo 4
9. Halo 1,2,3
10. Halo 1,2,3, and 4
13. Every previous halo game
15. Again
17. Opinion. Where I like fighting the covenant more, I think the promethean art style is better.
20. Again, all other Halo's
21: The aiming in Halo 5 isn't THAT bad.
22. Who do you think this story appeals to? Competitive players?
26. HAHAHA, you know Halo CE was built around "30 seconds of fun" right? This one contradicts it's place in the list.

Now, why do I not count these? Not because I don't feel like they are bad, but because between Halo CE and Halo 2 a lot of things changed. From where I sit, you are only taking the best aspects of other Halo games and ignoring there draw backs. Don't believe me, check out his forum post.They rated Halo 2 a C-, and I know a lot of people that stopped playing Halo when Halo 2 came out. But you know, let's only look at the positives of games right?

Halo 5: Things I would keep
Forge (in general. The new forge is far superior to older forges)
Breakout.
Post launch support
Warzone
Machinima settings
Armor variety
Hydra
Vehicle/ weapon variants
Halo 5's rank system (But not it's placement)
The competitive features in Theatre
Spectating
Armor colors

Even if you took 1/3 of these, it would be more than any other specific Halo game. Sure Halo 5 took out some big things, and I think they realise that, but I don't think you realize all the things it added also.
Zeezke99 wrote:
Where did OP ever mention that "as it used to be" equals "as it was in CE"?
Friggin strawmans all over the place...

Zeezke99 wrote:
Sure Halo 5 took out some big things, and I think they realise that, but I don't think you realize all the things it added also.
Adding things also qualifies as "not how it used to be"...
Celestis wrote:
Zeezke99 wrote:

Zeezke99 wrote:
Sure Halo 5 took out some big things, and I think they realise that, but I don't think you realize all the things it added also.
Because I could argue that Halo 2 changed the game drastically and it's not how it used to be. But see, with each game comes a little bit of change. In 6 years when Halo 7 comes out people will look at all the past Halo's and criticise Halo 7 for changing from how it used to be. And in that group of "How it used to be" will be Halo 5.

Also EVERY halo game has removed some big things also.
Zeezke99 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Zeezke99 wrote:

Zeezke99 wrote:
Because I could argue that Halo 2 changed the game drastically and it's not how it used to be. But see, with each game comes a little bit of change. In 6 years when Halo 7 comes out people will look at all the past Halo's and criticise Halo 7 for changing from how it used to be. And in that group of "How it used to be" will be Halo 5.
Yes you could. That does, however, in no way disprove the argument. He could easily have meant "how it used to be [in Halo 2/3/ODST/Reach/4]" and he would still have been correct.
SBFC Boyd wrote:
No, he wants a better game than H5.
SBFC Boyd wrote:
You mean complete games that don't rely on BS micro transactions or season passes?
lol Halo is stuck with microtransactions forever. they made millions off of it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3