1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
When you have damage over time weapons like Thorn, rechargable snipers like Icebreaker and field-nuking rockets like Gjallarhorn...I'd say there is little skill involved.
When you have damage over time weapons like Thorn, rechargable snipers like Icebreaker and field-nuking rockets like Gjallarhorn...I'd say there is little skill involved.
I'd like a rechargeable-over-time binary rifle weapon for some PVE more or something, sadly there doesn't seem to be a non campaign PVE mode in halo 5 at launch.
If only there was Spartan ops! I was playing episode 10 chapter 4 yesterday and I had great fun sniping the elites and watching them disintegrate.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

¿Por qué perder el tiempo discutiendo con alguien acerca de un juego que ni siquiera han jugado ?? :(((
Malion wrote:
He's not even worth arguing against if he's actually saying that Destiny's story is better than Halos when he doesn't know anything about it.
The Twilight Saga has a better story than Destiny.
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
There is no "no" to that statement. The twilight saga has a better story because it actually has one... Wins by default.
You obviously haven't read the grimoire.
I've never played Halo multiplayer yet, but destiny PVP sucks!!!
Well Halo and Destiny has it's own thing going on beside's being first person shooters. But in true for me Halo and Destiny are both good games in there own special ways. I enjoy Halo because of it's story and single player experience while Destiny has a cool FPS open world-ish game play. While being more social with other players and joining up in team's real time. But really I just don't care gaming is gaming too me, brah's.
So I'm currently in an argument with my friend who keeps saying that Halo multiplayer is crap compared to destinys (even though he hasn't played it) and that Destiny is better and takes more skill because people have to work for the OP guns, and I keep saying that equal starts reward actually skilled players rather than some grinders who may or may not actually be good at the game. He's also trashing halos story (again, knows nothing about it) in favor of destinys which is laughable. But since he's stubborn, I figure I'm allowed o ask my buds on waypoint what they think. Thoughts? What makes halos formula special to you?
Destiny's PvP is inherently designed to be as gear-oriented and as little skill-oriented as possible.

Guns like Thorn absolutely break the game by killing faster with body shots than 99% of guns can with headshots. Shotguns are effectively the same as ARs now with their absolutely absurd range, minimal to nonexistant aim requirement and ability to be a spawn weapon. Rocket launcher with proximity detonation basically removes any remove need to hit anywhere near your target since the gun will just give you a kill for missing anyways.

Supers are completely unfair to to other player 100% of the time. Killed a guy? Good job, he pressed a button and came back to life with 3x your health and killed you. Shot that titan enough to kill him? Oh well, he pressed his super and killed the whole room without even aiming. Supers are impossible to predict since you have no remote way of knowing if someone has a charged super until it kills you and only the golden gun requires some minor aiming skill to actually work and doesn't make you borderline invincible for the duration.

Destiny PvP is easily the WORST FPS PvP I have ever seen in my entire life. It's that bad. Your friend is clinically insane.
So I'm currently in an argument with my friend who keeps saying that Halo multiplayer is crap compared to destinys (even though he hasn't played it) and that Destiny is better and takes more skill because people have to work for the OP guns, and I keep saying that equal starts reward actually skilled players rather than some grinders who may or may not actually be good at the game. He's also trashing halos story (again, knows nothing about it) in favor of destinys which is laughable. But since he's stubborn, I figure I'm allowed o ask my buds on waypoint what they think. Thoughts? What makes halos formula special to you?
As someone who's put many many hours into both Halo and Destiny the story cannot be compared. Namely because there is no real story on Destiny just a sequence of events that are loosely connected and a bunch of cards you have to read out of the game. These aren't even story more lore.

As for PvP- despite numerous buffs and nerf it remains stupidly imbalanced in terms of the weapons, in addition several of the maps are also badly balanced. Also the lag oh God it can be awful particularly on Iron Banner.

There are positives like raiding with 5 friends but the grind is real. I've stepped back from it until The Taken King (as I have have all exotics, max characters etc) which will tide me over until H5. Plus both cost the same over here in the UK at £40 which is ridiculous.
Fishztikz wrote:
Destiny multiplayer is not even worth comparing to Halo. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.
This by all means. Destiny is not worth comparing to any FPS. It took them almost a year for them to fix 2 guns completely running MP. Idk what happened to Bungie, but this isn't the same Bungie that made Halo
It isn't. A lot of the original team have left since Halo, they've got over 400 people now. It's a whole new different team. The Bungie that made Halo is gone which is why I left the Bungie Community long ago.

Bad website, bad games, bad players.. :P

SRV Zephyr wrote:
Malion wrote:
He's not even worth arguing against if he's actually saying that Destiny's story is better than Halos when he doesn't know anything about it.
There is no "no" to that statement. The twilight saga has a better story because it actually has one... Wins by default.
We shouldn't have to go to a website to 'read' the story, it should be on the disc and playable or at least see it in a video clip!
Destiny's PvP is inherently designed to be as gear-oriented and as little skill-oriented as possible.

Guns like Thorn absolutely break the game by killing faster with body shots than 99% of guns can with headshots. Shotguns are effectively the same as ARs now with their absolutely absurd range, minimal to nonexistant aim requirement and ability to be a spawn weapon. Rocket launcher with proximity detonation basically removes any remove need to hit anywhere near your target since the gun will just give you a kill for missing anyways.

Supers are completely unfair to to other player 100% of the time. Killed a guy? Good job, he pressed a button and came back to life with 3x your health and killed you. Shot that titan enough to kill him? Oh well, he pressed his super and killed the whole room without even aiming. Supers are impossible to predict since you have no remote way of knowing if someone has a charged super until it kills you and only the golden gun requires some minor aiming skill to actually work and doesn't make you borderline invincible for the duration.

Destiny PvP is easily the WORST FPS PvP I have ever seen in my entire life. It's that bad. Your friend is clinically insane.
This is not true. The box with the player's level will pulse yellow when a player is super charged. This can be seen by both teammates and opponents.
erickyboo wrote:
I'd like a rechargeable-over-time binary rifle weapon for some PVE more or something, sadly there doesn't seem to be a non campaign PVE mode in halo 5 at launch.
If only there was Spartan ops! I was playing episode 10 chapter 4 yesterday and I had great fun sniping the elites and watching them disintegrate.
Powerful weapons only useable in a single PvE mode... Really reminds me of the legendary weapons you could only use in the Tempest raids in World of Warcraft's first expansion. Really, really awesome looking stuff there - by every definition imagineable they were overpowered even by Legendary standards, but if you tried to take them out of the dungeon they'd evaporate. They were built for one purpose only: To take down the final boss.

Something like that: Get specialized equipment, but it's for one game mode or one encounter.

I had an argument with one of my friends over Halo's gameplay as well, comparing them with two other games... One was some new shooter that looked a lot like Destiny, and the other was in fact Destiny. She had played maybe thirty minutes of Halo with one of our mutual friends, and decided it wasn't for her. Okay fair enough. I asked why. She said, "Because Halo takes no skill to play. Anyone can just run in alone guns ablazing and immediately be the top player"

Well, I cross referenced notes with my other friend she played with and he stated the teams they played against were uncoordinated and awful. Like, very bad players. So it's little wonder they did so well. Got a bad first impression and decided to stick with said opinion and two games that favor RNG Luck over player ability, instead of waiting to see if things improved and got harder.

To be fair though, she did reconsider her opinion a bit when I explained the deal behind CSR and ranking attempting to influence things, and that since she was new she was obviously going to be paired up with people who weren't as good (Theoretically....) and with the person she was grouped with taking care of them, yeah. It really wasn't a fair judgement to make in the first place.
SRV Zephyr wrote:
Malion wrote:
Story should unfold in front of you as you play to give you a sense of purpose and a reason to complete the campaign. Having to go online to read cards (most of which are just trivial descriptions about the world that hold no actual narrative to tell you why you're doing what you're doing) is not an optimal way to tell a story.
Compared to all Halo multiplayer experiences, Destiny is not even worth comparing
Well Halo's universe in unparalleled as far as video games are concerned. Even if you don't particularly like the story, the amount of books, games, comics, mini-movies, web-series, etc creates an enormous universe that is ever expanding. And as far as the multiplayer compared to Destiny, there are a lot of differences, so you can't really compare them. I like even starts better. I also like the longer individual fights that exist in Halo. I also think Map Design is much better in Halo. Destiny always drives players to a single or maybe a few points on the map.
as someone who has played both, i think that halo is far superior to destiny. In halo everyone must choose from the same list of weapons and gear. Now in destiny you have to pick a class with specific perks and armor. Then the armor takes time to upgrade, and then there are countless weapons that have perks to. It is a simple device to confuse and waste time. Halo is more of an eSports arena of personal challenges
You just can't compare those two games.
Well first of all I have 3 lvl 34s on destiny and all I know of the story is I'm some queens lackey who killed an ancient god....I think??? halos story is far better
+1 halo

Destiny takes little to no skill it has people sliding around with shotguns the whole game and spamming supers and you could get 0 kills and still get a super charge btw and rockets. on halo you need to control the map remember the timers for weapons and be skilled.
+1 halo

Destiny doesn't even have custom games! halo has that + forge!!!!
+1 halo

I guess halo wins at every aspect except getting cool guns but halo could do this with getting rare weapon skins or something to that nature.
Haven't played Destiny's competitive mode since maybe December and it wasn't great. It's probably the most unbalanced shooter I've ever played. No idea how it is now though, since I traded it in a while back, but everyone I talk to who still plays say they stay clear of Crucible for the most part, especially Iron Banner.
I honestly have to say that destiny is decent but nothing compares to a spartan laser blast to the face
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6