Halo Reach or Halo 5

OP Mad Yeti

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
I see a good amount of people posting about Halo Reach Being so good and so much better than Halo 5. That its gonna take over when it's backwards compatible... Let me ask you this, Have you forgotten what Reach did to Halo??
Thats the game that started the downward spiral for the community. It caused confusion of what Halo was and is. I enjoy Reach to an extent but it had loads of issues. It was a Halo that the majority of the community hated. Sorry for the reality check.
I know Halo 5 isn't perfect but it has the potential to be one of the best Halo's there is.
It's like picking between children....I DON'T KNOW!
Mad Yeti wrote:
I see a good amount of people posting about Halo Reach Being so good and so much better than Halo 5. That its gonna take over when it's backwards compatible... Let me ask you this, Have you forgotten what Reach did to Halo??
Thats the game that started the downward spiral for the community. It caused confusion of what Halo was and is. I enjoy Reach to an extent but it had loads of issues. It was a Halo that the majority of the community hated. Sorry for the reality check.
I know Halo 5 isn't perfect but it has the potential to be one of the best Halo's there is.
I was ocming into this thread expecting the same old REACH IS BEST stuff, but its not.

You get it. I remember what Reach did to halo FOR ME. Made me stop playing.
People couldn't adapt to Reach. People can't adapt to Halo 5. Some adapted to both and loved it, and some hated everything but Halo 3. Reach won't take over, but will gain a nice population boost.
Reach was my favourite halo besides 2, had a lot of fun playing that game, my first time playing lone wolf my jaw was on the floor
Reach is better for a few reasons. Better campaign, more spartan customization options, more settings and game modes in custom games (making it go with forge hand and hand unlike the lack of settings for the new forge we are getting), firefight, infection, and grifball
I have gotten to the point that everyone who considers Halo Reach as the best Halo hasn't reached the age of 16 yet.
I remember what Halo Reach did for me, it made me resent Halo and stop playing for a while.
I quit Halo because of Reach. Not because I couldn't adapt, but because it was garbage. Yes it had tons more content than Halo 5, but the gameplay mechanics were horrible. That's the one thing I can say good about Halo 5...the gameplay is amazing (weapon balance ftw).
Reach has Much more options and its a better social game. H5 beats reach in competitive play tho. I'll be playing both when the time comes.
I would take Halo 5 over Reach any day. I don't even own Reach at all. The best part of Reach was firefight. The community playlist was fun too but with everything being in forge and forge world, it just started to look way to similar in every mode. I am a bit concerned that will happen with H5 BTB since it is all in forge. Oh well at least we have Warzone. :)
Both simple as.
Halo reach is like marmite you either love it or hate it. And to say the majority of people hated it is a blatent lie. Halo reach is currently the second most populated halo after 5. Granted halo reach did some things wrong but in my opinion it did more things better, Firefight, invasion, SOCIAL PLAYLISTS!!!!! a deep customization system and forge all stuff halo 5 shipped without, not to mention how machinima friendly it was. My problem is that halo "vets" seem to think halo games are JUST made for them but fail to see that 40% of the halo community is casual. If you don't like reach fine but you must know that some people like reach, I even think its the best halo IN MY OPINION!!! I just know some -Yoink- is going to call me out on that but hey I don't care, Im not going to call you out if you think halo 2 is the best.
I quit Halo because of Reach. Not because I couldn't adapt, but because it was garbage. Yes it had tons more content than Halo 5, but the gameplay mechanics were horrible. That's the one thing I can say good about Halo 5...the gameplay is amazing (weapon balance ftw).
In your opinion.
I would pick Reach because of how much there is to do compared to Halo 5. Reach's gameplay was horrible, but the game was fun enough to keep me playing through Firefight, campaign, and Forge. If Halo 5 gets more content and a proper equivalent of Firefight, I'll definitely play it more often. As of now, Reach offers what I want in a Halo game.
I remember when Reach first hit, there was alot of hatred for it, now all of a sudden people are saying it was the best and cant wait for it to be added to the backwards compatatbility line up.... I guess years make a difference in peoples opinions..... Ill stick with Halo 5, its fun for myself and friends to play and im at the age now that its not worth complaining anyway, unless there is something really game breaking..
I threw my Halo: Reach disc like a frisbee at the wall.
It shattered.
The world was a better place with one less.
Reach is better for a few reasons. Better campaign, more spartan customization options, more settings and game modes in custom games (making it go with forge hand and hand unlike the lack of settings for the new forge we are getting), firefight, infection, and grifball
+1 But that´s not a few, that are many reasons !!!
Mad Yeti wrote:
No I haven't forgotten what Halo Reach did but I believe it did great for Halo in a lot of aspects. I personally find it my favorite Halo and Halo 5 my least favorite. Reach added in AA but at the same time it allowed players and even the dev to add in that classic feel everybody loved if they wanted to. Sure we didn't get a 1-50 rank, BR, and other things people complained about but I found it interesting that the armor abilities were a good thing added. Some don't understand that the AA are simply the equipment from Halo 3 just at you disposal at the beginning of the match and should have been map pickup rather than at the start of each match. Sure you complain because of the campaign maps added as multiplayer maps but you seem to forget about the DLC.

Bloom was random but they should have given a higher penalty to those who spammed their shots. People complained about Armor Lock, slowed down gameplay and was a cheap way to get a kill. First off last time I checked the timer still moved the same, killing someone who abused it wasn't hard to counter, timing a well placed plasma did the trick for me always! The armor customization was amazing and 343 should have NEVER removed such a amazing feature, the armor as well was sharp and looked like it was suppose to. Halo 5's design just sucks, plain and simple. Im currently rocking Noble Armor with the Nightfall because it reminded me of the good times I had while playing older Halo's, the armor FEELS and LOOKS like its suppose to.

People complained to just complain and that's why 343 changed things. The TU for Reach was for the best but was release a little too late. Forge World, after seeing what 343 has given us with Halo 5, the canvases just are not what I would expect. At least Forge World gave us a lot to do with a map that had areas to Forge at. Seeing the Glacier and Alpine maps, sure look nice but where is the variety?? Sure there will be things in there that will allow us to raise up sections and give us a different feel but I just don't know yet until it hits.

I can only hope 343 knows what they are doing because after this I might not even give Halo 6 a shot because of how much they let us down.
AGREED!
I remember when Reach first hit, there was alot of hatred for it, now all of a sudden people are saying it was the best and cant wait for it to be added to the backwards compatatbility line up.... I guess years make a difference in peoples opinions..... Ill stick with Halo 5, its fun for myself and friends to play and im at the age now that its not worth complaining anyway, unless there is something really game breaking..
Well at launch I was stoked for it and still am and im glad its coming back. I enjoyed it very much more than Halo 5
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20