2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 20
Zancuran wrote:
Mad Yeti wrote:
I see a good amount of people posting about Halo Reach Being so good and so much better than Halo 5. That its gonna take over when it's backwards compatible... Let me ask you this, Have you forgotten what Reach did to Halo??
Thats the game that started the downward spiral for the community. It caused confusion of what Halo was and is. I enjoy Reach to an extent but it had loads of issues. It was a Halo that the majority of the community hated. Sorry for the reality check.
I know Halo 5 isn't perfect but it has the potential to be one of the best Halo's there is.
No I haven't forgotten what Halo Reach did but I believe it did great for Halo in a lot of aspects. I personally find it my favorite Halo and Halo 5 my least favorite. Reach added in AA but at the same time it allowed players and even the dev to add in that classic feel everybody loved if they wanted to. Sure we didn't get a 1-50 rank, BR, and other things people complained about but I found it interesting that the armor abilities were a good thing added. Some don't understand that the AA are simply the equipment from Halo 3 just at you disposal at the beginning of the match and should have been map pickup rather than at the start of each match. Sure you complain because of the campaign maps added as multiplayer maps but you seem to forget about the DLC.

Bloom was random but they should have given a higher penalty to those who spammed their shots. People complained about Armor Lock, slowed down gameplay and was a cheap way to get a kill. First off last time I checked the timer still moved the same, killing someone who abused it wasn't hard to counter, timing a well placed plasma did the trick for me always! The armor customization was amazing and 343 should have NEVER removed such a amazing feature, the armor as well was sharp and looked like it was suppose to. Halo 5's design just sucks, plain and simple. Im currently rocking Noble Armor with the Nightfall because it reminded me of the good times I had while playing older Halo's, the armor FEELS and LOOKS like its suppose to.

People complained to just complain and that's why 343 changed things. The TU for Reach was for the best but was release a little too late. Forge World, after seeing what 343 has given us with Halo 5, the canvases just are not what I would expect. At least Forge World gave us a lot to do with a map that had areas to Forge at. Seeing the Glacier and Alpine maps, sure look nice but where is the variety?? Sure there will be things in there that will allow us to raise up sections and give us a different feel but I just don't know yet until it hits.

I can only hope 343 knows what they are doing because after this I might not even give Halo 6 a shot because of how much they let us down.
This guy is a -Yoinking!- legend. 100% agree.
The funny thing to me about Reach is the positive comparisons in terms of content. People seem to forget that nearly everything in Reach was either recycled from its campaign (the primary source of actual new content) or revised slightly from a previous game. Bungie even released an expansion for full retail price that's primary innovation was the firefight mode that re-appeared in Reach a year later. Now Halo 5 apparently has no content, despite the large selection of maps and the 3 original Warzone maps, which apparently count for less than chopped up campaign areas for Firefight. Very interesting.

The only thing I particularly liked to see in Reach was the return of the CE-esque health system. Beyond that, H5 is definitely preferred.
BRs wrote:
I have gotten to the point that everyone who considers Halo Reach as the best Halo hasn't reached the age of 16 yet.
I remember what Halo Reach did for me, it made me resent Halo and stop playing for a while.
I wont consider any Halo the best but I find Halo Reach to be my favorite and I am 26, so.... where do I stand? Everyone has their opinions, I just hope some have GOOD evidence to back it up?
Zancuran wrote:
Mad Yeti wrote:
I see a good amount of people posting about Halo Reach Being so good and so much better than Halo 5. That its gonna take over when it's backwards compatible... Let me ask you this, Have you forgotten what Reach did to Halo??
Thats the game that started the downward spiral for the community. It caused confusion of what Halo was and is. I enjoy Reach to an extent but it had loads of issues. It was a Halo that the majority of the community hated. Sorry for the reality check.
I know Halo 5 isn't perfect but it has the potential to be one of the best Halo's there is.
No I haven't forgotten what Halo Reach did but I believe it did great for Halo in a lot of aspects. I personally find it my favorite Halo and Halo 5 my least favorite. Reach added in AA but at the same time it allowed players and even the dev to add in that classic feel everybody loved if they wanted to. Sure we didn't get a 1-50 rank, BR, and other things people complained about but I found it interesting that the armor abilities were a good thing added. Some don't understand that the AA are simply the equipment from Halo 3 just at you disposal at the beginning of the match and should have been map pickup rather than at the start of each match. Sure you complain because of the campaign maps added as multiplayer maps but you seem to forget about the DLC.

Bloom was random but they should have given a higher penalty to those who spammed their shots. People complained about Armor Lock, slowed down gameplay and was a cheap way to get a kill. First off last time I checked the timer still moved the same, killing someone who abused it wasn't hard to counter, timing a well placed plasma did the trick for me always! The armor customization was amazing and 343 should have NEVER removed such a amazing feature, the armor as well was sharp and looked like it was suppose to. Halo 5's design just sucks, plain and simple. Im currently rocking Noble Armor with the Nightfall because it reminded me of the good times I had while playing older Halo's, the armor FEELS and LOOKS like its suppose to.

People complained to just complain and that's why 343 changed things. The TU for Reach was for the best but was release a little too late. Forge World, after seeing what 343 has given us with Halo 5, the canvases just are not what I would expect. At least Forge World gave us a lot to do with a map that had areas to Forge at. Seeing the Glacier and Alpine maps, sure look nice but where is the variety?? Sure there will be things in there that will allow us to raise up sections and give us a different feel but I just don't know yet until it hits.

I can only hope 343 knows what they are doing because after this I might not even give Halo 6 a shot because of how much they let us down.
Lol. No it did not. The only game I can think of that didn't feel like Halo more than Reach was Halo 4.
Zancuran wrote:
I remember when Reach first hit, there was alot of hatred for it, now all of a sudden people are saying it was the best and cant wait for it to be added to the backwards compatatbility line up.... I guess years make a difference in peoples opinions..... Ill stick with Halo 5, its fun for myself and friends to play and im at the age now that its not worth complaining anyway, unless there is something really game breaking..
Well at launch I was stoked for it and still am and im glad its coming back. I enjoyed it very much more than Halo 5
Good on you mate
I'm looking forward to playing Reach on the XBOX One just for the simple fact that a lot of the people that I used to play Halo with didn't get the MCC or Halo 5. It won't replace Halo 5 for me, and with any luck it will get some of the older players interested in Halo again
Halo reach is like marmite you either love it or hate it. And to say the majority of people hated it is a blatent lie. Halo reach is currently the second most populated halo after 5. Granted halo reach did some things wrong but in my opinion it did more things better, Firefight, invasion, SOCIAL PLAYLISTS!!!!! a deep customization system and forge all stuff halo 5 shipped without, not to mention how machinima friendly it was. My problem is that halo "vets" seem to think halo games are JUST made for them but fail to see that 40% of the halo community is casual. If you don't like reach fine but you must know that some people like reach, I even think its the best halo IN MY OPINION!!! I just know some -Yoink- is going to call me out on that but hey I don't care, Im not going to call you out if you think halo 2 is the best.
Most of your points about Reach aren't even contributed to Reach though... Firefight was better in ODST, hands down. The only thing Reach did to improve firefight was add matchmaking, other than that they completely dumbed down the entire experience.

Social playlists have been in Halo since Halo 2, Reach didn't suddenly invent them.

Deep customization is a bit of an over exaggeration. Reach only had 21 armor sets. Sure you could mix and match more slots, but that only goes so far within the limitations. Everything else was just reskins, the same crap people gripe about in Halo 5. And in it's seasoned years, most Spartans looked the same anyways, because everyone was going after the same pieces.

Armor abilities were -Yoink- awful. Even in social they were just dumb. There needs to be a line drawn between how much fun something can be before it's completely imbalanced and broken.

Invasion was a blast, I'll give Reach that. But for the longest time it was more broken than Warzone Assault is now. The number of exploits in Invasion was ridiculous, and it took months to get addressed.

Also, 40% casual that liked it still leaves 60% hardcore that hated it... So that is a majority by your statistics.
BRs wrote:
Zancuran wrote:
Mad Yeti wrote:

Lol. No it did not. The only game I can think of that didn't feel like Halo more than Reach was Halo 4.
Right, Sprint was a AA not a based trait for the Spartans. If you removed the AA and increased jump alittle and added in other features then you have a better classic Halo. Sure Halo 5 allows the player to traverse the areas more fluently but I feel still that it messes things up in sense.
No, Halo 5 will definitely get some more steam and love again when Forge is coming next week and more map content. Halo Reach is so loved for it's focus on community building and community features. Gameplay wise, Halo 5 is definitely better.
People will play Reach for nostalgia then stop playing like they always do, I for one will never return to that game unless I'm doing the campaign. That game was the start of too many horrible things that plague this fan base to this day.
Halo reach is like marmite you either love it or hate it. And to say the majority of people hated it is a blatent lie. Halo reach is currently the second most populated halo after 5. Granted halo reach did some things wrong but in my opinion it did more things better, Firefight, invasion, SOCIAL PLAYLISTS!!!!! a deep customization system and forge all stuff halo 5 shipped without, not to mention how machinima friendly it was. My problem is that halo "vets" seem to think halo games are JUST made for them but fail to see that 40% of the halo community is casual. If you don't like reach fine but you must know that some people like reach, I even think its the best halo IN MY OPINION!!! I just know some -Yoink- is going to call me out on that but hey I don't care, Im not going to call you out if you think halo 2 is the best.
Most of your points about Reach aren't even contributed to Reach though... Firefight was better in ODST, hands down. The only thing Reach did to improve firefight was add matchmaking, other than that they completely dumbed down the entire experience.

Social playlists have been in Halo since Halo 2, Reach didn't suddenly invent them.

Deep customization is a bit of an over exaggeration. Reach only had 21 armor sets. Sure you could mix and match more slots, but that only goes so far within the limitations. Everything else was just reskins, the same crap people gripe about in Halo 5. And in it's seasoned years, most Spartans looked the same anyways, because everyone was going after the same pieces.

Armor abilities were -Yoink- awful. Even in social they were just dumb. There needs to be a line drawn between how much fun something can be before it's completely imbalanced and broken.

Invasion was a blast, I'll give Reach that. But for the longest time it was more broken than Warzone Assault is now. The number of exploits in Invasion was ridiculous, and it took months to get addressed.

Also, 40% casual that liked it still leaves 60% hardcore that hated it... So that is a majority by your statistics.
I never played reach that much, very little of the MP in fact. So this past weekend, I went and played it some. to me its very , very similar to H4. You can choose between what abilities you want. The only real difference I saw was sprint is a ability to choose from in Reach where in H4 everybody has it. Other than that they seem the same in terms of gameplay. Not sure how people can like Reach and hate H4. Really. That said. Which one I play is really dependent on what kind of mood I’m in. IF I want to play something less serious I play Reach or H4. If I want straight competition I play H5,
Reach was never a game I played a lot of because I was more focused on other games at the times. After watching numerous tournaments and other things over the last year with the chat and comments constantly jumping back to how "Reach and H4 are trash" I can't exactly take it serious when people are saying Reach will take over and was great.

just because somebody is hardcore doesn't mean they hated reach, and your hatred for reach is 100% opinion based, if you don't like reach good for you I don't give a flying -Yoink-. i personally think halo 2 was an overated game, If thats your favourite guess what... good for you. Yes halo reach didn't invent social, I was actually comparing the content of reach to halo 5 not other halo's. You need to see the difference between an opinion and a fact. Opinion: reach sucked Fact: halo 5's content is lacking for social players. While you think reach sucked alot of people would beg to differ. This same concept applies to all games.
I personally enjoyed Reach a lot. I think the campaign was much better than H5, the weapons were certainly cooler (dat nade launcher tho), and the maps were fun and interesting. Halo 5 definitely is more balanced and competitive, so if that's the only thing that you care about then halo 5 is your game. In my personal taste I've enjoyed halo games where it can get pretty crazy. Time-to-kill + map size kinda killed my buzz a bit in H5 but I still put a couple games in about once a week.
Trespa5s wrote:
Reach was never a game I played a lot of because I was more focused on other games at the times. After watching numerous tournaments and other things over the last year with the chat and comments constantly jumping back to how "Reach and H4 are trash" I can't exactly take it serious when people are saying Reach will take over and was great.
just play it and see for yourself, don't base an opinion on what people say. You can probably pick it up for £5 or $5. i think you will be suprised.

just because somebody is hardcore doesn't mean they hated reach, and your hatred for reach is 100% opinion based, if you don't like reach good for you I don't give a flying -Yoink-. i personally think halo 2 was an overated game, If thats your favourite guess what... good for you. Yes halo reach didn't invent social, I was actually comparing the content of reach to halo 5 not other halo's. You need to see the difference between an opinion and a fact. Opinion: reach sucked Fact: halo 5's content is lacking for social players. While you think reach sucked alot of people would beg to differ. This same concept applies to all games.
Don't believe I mentioned Halo 2 anywhere as being my favorite. Nor did I ever flat out say Reach sucks. I was making rebuttals to your very own opinionated pros about Reach. Your opinion seems to be anyone that doesn't like Reach is a H2 fanboy, yet you suggest I'm the biased one? I'm failing to see any purpose to the bolded sections, care to elaborate on your referencing them?
Reach was flawed and it had a few good things that were better than 5 such as game modes, customization, and rank. Everything else Halo 5 beats it.
Well, Halo: Reach is a complete game. Halo 5 is incomplete.

So obviously Halo: Reach.
Curse Reach and its strange additions to the gameplay all you want but it was a true Halo game. From the moment you booted it up it felt like a Halo game and it played well. Multiplayer wise there was never a dull moment you could play hours upon hours of matches and never get bored as you know you would see something new, every match seemed to tell a story on its own and was so much fun. Halo 5 is by no means in the same league as the previous entries, it is its own creation with its own identity but a Halo game it is not.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 20