Halo Reach or Halo 5

OP Mad Yeti

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. ...
  6. 20
halo reach is a good halo game and followed the previous halo games well i dont get why people hate the game so much im playing it again once its on xbox one.
Quick lets do a list of things that Halo: Reach had at launch that Halo 5 didn't

Big team battle
Team Doubles
Team Snipers
Odd ball
Infection
King of the Hill
FileShare
Forge
Territories
Assault
Juggernaut
ViP

PLease feel free to add to this list any of the many many things I have neglected to mention
You forgot muilti team
halo reach is a good halo game and followed the previous halo games well i dont get why people hate the game so much im playing it again once its on xbox one.
Armour Lock and bloom. Those were the main reasons I disliked the game.
The funniest thing to me is that when Halo Reach came out, a significant amount of people were up in arms about the changes & now people are crying to go back to it. When H7 comes out, people will cry about returning to the glory days of H5, bunch of -Yoink- children is what a significant portion of you act like.

If this doesn't apply to you, then keep on keeping on.
Reach being the first console halo game I played is very fun and was fantastic for its time, but going back to reach in backwards compatibility I realise the graphics suck and the movement system is flawed. Don't get me wrong, I love reach, but halo 5 is just so much better.
Xathoron wrote:
Quick lets do a list of things that Halo: Reach had at launch that Halo 5 didn't

Big team battle
Team Doubles
Team Snipers
Odd ball
Infection
King of the Hill
FileShare
Forge
Territories
Assault
Juggernaut
ViP

PLease feel free to add to this list any of the many many things I have neglected to mention
You forgot muilti team
Halo 5 now does have:
big team battle
team doubles
team snipers
file share
forge
and a renamed territories (strongholds)

I'm also sure many of those things mentioned will be added in future updates, or as weekend playlists. They will continue to add large things in each update to keep the game fresh for old players.

They eft could do with the halo reach/4 map voting system though :p
Halo Reach was good when bloom was removed. If bloom is still in then H5 all day every day.
Armour Lock and bloom. Those were the main reasons I disliked the game.
Armor lock was really fun for some modes... In fact, i really like all of the AA's in invasion and BtB.

Bloom can die in a fire.

Zero Bloom setting with melee bleed through was great.

This post has been hidden.

Unknown wrote:
BRs wrote:
I have gotten to the point that everyone who considers Halo Reach as the best Halo hasn't reached the age of 16 yet.
I remember what Halo Reach did for me, it made me resent Halo and stop playing for a while.
I consider Halo Reach to be the best in the series, multiplayer-wise, and I'm in my 30's. I absolutely love the armor abilities. They really add an extra, class-like element to the gameplay that I sorely miss. Why aren't shooters allowed to have extra elements to them? Why do they have to be just purely shooting, with zero defensive abilities? Also, Reach had the best maps, by far (Countdown, Sword Base).
I'm in my forties, & think Reach is still the best story of the series for me. It had the best looking armor, weapons AND, it had the Falcon.
I wouldn't really blame Reach for what's happened to Halo. I'd blame 343 for carrying on with the same mechanics when it was obvious most of the community hated it.
Unknown wrote:
BRs wrote:
I have gotten to the point that everyone who considers Halo Reach as the best Halo hasn't reached the age of 16 yet.
I remember what Halo Reach did for me, it made me resent Halo and stop playing for a while.
I consider Halo Reach to be the best in the series, multiplayer-wise, and I'm in my 30's. I absolutely love the armor abilities. They really add an extra, class-like element to the gameplay that I sorely miss. Why aren't shooters allowed to have extra elements to them? Why do they have to be just purely shooting, with zero defensive abilities? Also, Reach had the best maps, by far (Countdown, Sword Base).
Shooters are allowed to have extra elements in them, there's no problem there. The problem that arose (at least for me, and others) as far as Reach is concerned is that it moved away from the pillar concepts of equal starts and, so to speak, a level playing field.. With the armor abilities thrown into play, there was no cohesive way to use tactics and strategies against a good deal of the abiltiies.

In essence, randomness. Halo 4 continued this trend. Halo 5 is where equal starts were put back on the forefront. The Spartan Abilities, unlike the armor abilities before them, can be anticipated and worked around, and additionally, none of them disrupt the flow of combat as severely as Armor Lock.

Also, the highlighted simply isn't true, you can easily use thruster pack as a defensive measure, I've found it particularly useful in situations where 3+ enemies start charging towards my position with bullets flying in my direction.
( but Reach was okay the Halo 5 controls for forge are completely messed up they literally changed everything and why now I'm sure we were fine with the controls 343 industries Its takes a while to get use to but overall it's okay.
Mad Yeti wrote:
I see a good amount of people posting about Halo Reach Being so good and so much better than Halo 5. That its gonna take over when it's backwards compatible... Let me ask you this, Have you forgotten what Reach did to Halo??
Thats the game that started the downward spiral for the community. It caused confusion of what Halo was and is. I enjoy Reach to an extent but it had loads of issues. It was a Halo that the majority of the community hated. Sorry for the reality check.
I know Halo 5 isn't perfect but it has the potential to be one of the best Halo's there is.
no idea what you mean by downward spiral as reach was an upward spiral atleast IMO
Exiri wrote:
( but Reach was okay the Halo 5 controls for forge are completely messed up they literally changed everything and why now I'm sure we were fine with the controls 343 industries Its takes a while to get use to but overall it's okay.
tbh i thought the same at first and argued against it, but once i played around for a couple hours they actually turned out easy to use and remember, but there should be an option to change the controls as some are odd
It's like picking between children....I DON'T KNOW!
you choose the male...THE ALPHA, THE OMEGA
wafflewave wrote:
Mad Yeti wrote:
I see a good amount of people posting about Halo Reach Being so good and so much better than Halo 5. That its gonna take over when it's backwards compatible... Let me ask you this, Have you forgotten what Reach did to Halo??
Thats the game that started the downward spiral for the community. It caused confusion of what Halo was and is. I enjoy Reach to an extent but it had loads of issues. It was a Halo that the majority of the community hated. Sorry for the reality check.
I know Halo 5 isn't perfect but it has the potential to be one of the best Halo's there is.
no idea what you mean by downward spiral as reach was an upward spiral atleast IMO
wafflewave, i agree with you. I think Halo REACH may have been the pinnacle [pun intended too ;-) ] of the franchise. Ever since 343 has taken control, each Halo has been a slight let down in differing ways with Halo 5 dropping the ball completely, at least for me. No longer will I pre-order a Halo game.

At this time, I have ZERO anticipation for Halo 6. Never felt that way in the past about ANY other Halo game. Thanks 343i !!!
BRs wrote:
I'm 24 and found Reach to be the second best MP after 2. I've been playing since CE. I actually enjoyed a lot of the changes, the AA were a welcome change for a spin off from the series (I think a lot of people forget that Reach was always supposed to be different). Of all the flak that people give Armour Lock, only scrubs really used it, and it was fairly simple to time your grenades/resume firing after they came out of it. I really liked Bloom, having to pace your shots to out DMR someone added an extra element of challenge to the game. Speaking of the DMR, it's my favourite weapon from Halo, even beating out the BR. I don't believe an FPS has ever come close a better 'standard' weapon in terms of how it plays and feels (and how it looks, but that's not really important). It also has the best soundtrack and second best campaign after CE (somehow Bungie never surpassed the level design in that game). The amount of effort put into the production values of Reach's campaign is astounding and seriously one of the more impressive FPS campaigns in recent years. It is a pretty compelling story for Halo despite the somewhat cliche characters. I didn't care for the changes that 343 made later on after Bungie had moved onto to Destiny, and stopped playing it about that time.

It had the best Spartan design/armour customization in any of the games and to be honest who cares about losing the ranks from 2/3 when like 90% of people just latched onto better players to boost their way to 50 in 3 and anything after ~40 in 2 was reserved for modders/bridgers. It had (and still has) far more features, playlists and content than both Halo 4 and 5. It still baffles me as to how it is regarded as the worst in the series, that title definitely belongs to 4. Seriously, it is an abomination. And all of the people retroactively claiming that the gameplay changes in Reach lead to 4 are just wrong. 4 is the product of an incompetent studio making amendments to a series that had the best FPS gameplay structure LITERALLY handed down to them, and they still screwed it up. 5 is a step in the right direction but I would still place it below Reach in MP (I wont even start on the SP...) but I will say that it makes up for 4 in a lot of ways.
I still don't get it...Reach was awesome!

Other than the abilities (which personally I liked)...what's everyone's major beef with it??

It felt like Halo, played like Halo, looked like Halo, great story, lots of lore, customisation, good level design etc etc...

seriously what was not to like?!?!?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. ...
  6. 20