Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo Reach or Halo 5

OP Mad Yeti

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 20
Halo reach is like marmite you either love it or hate it. And to say the majority of people hated it is a blatent lie. Halo reach is currently the second most populated halo after 5. Granted halo reach did some things wrong but in my opinion it did more things better, Firefight, invasion, SOCIAL PLAYLISTS!!!!! a deep customization system and forge all stuff halo 5 shipped without, not to mention how machinima friendly it was. My problem is that halo "vets" seem to think halo games are JUST made for them but fail to see that 40% of the halo community is casual. If you don't like reach fine but you must know that some people like reach, I even think its the best halo IN MY OPINION!!! I just know some -Yoink- is going to call me out on that but hey I don't care, Im not going to call you out if you think halo 2 is the best.
Most of your points about Reach aren't even contributed to Reach though... Firefight was better in ODST, hands down. The only thing Reach did to improve firefight was add matchmaking, other than that they completely dumbed down the entire experience.

Social playlists have been in Halo since Halo 2, Reach didn't suddenly invent them.

Deep customization is a bit of an over exaggeration. Reach only had 21 armor sets. Sure you could mix and match more slots, but that only goes so far within the limitations. Everything else was just reskins, the same crap people gripe about in Halo 5. And in it's seasoned years, most Spartans looked the same anyways, because everyone was going after the same pieces.

Armor abilities were -Yoink- awful. Even in social they were just dumb. There needs to be a line drawn between how much fun something can be before it's completely imbalanced and broken.

Invasion was a blast, I'll give Reach that. But for the longest time it was more broken than Warzone Assault is now. The number of exploits in Invasion was ridiculous, and it took months to get addressed.

Also, 40% casual that liked it still leaves 60% hardcore that hated it... So that is a majority by your statistics.
just because somebody is hardcore doesn't mean they hated reach, and your hatred for reach is 100% opinion based, if you don't like reach good for you I don't give a flying -Yoink-. i personally think halo 2 was an overated game, If thats your favourite guess what... good for you. Yes halo reach didn't invent social, I was actually comparing the content of reach to halo 5 not other halo's. You need to see the difference between an opinion and a fact. Opinion: reach sucked Fact: halo 5's content is lacking for social players. While you think reach sucked alot of people would beg to differ. This same concept applies to all games.
Don't believe I mentioned Halo 2 anywhere as being my favorite. Nor did I ever flat out say Reach sucks. I was making rebuttals to your very own opinionated pros about Reach. Your opinion seems to be anyone that doesn't like Reach is a H2 fanboy, yet you suggest I'm the biased one? I'm failing to see any purpose to the bolded sections, care to elaborate on your referencing them?
You know what, im not getting anywhere with you im just going to go ahead and end this debate, all i did was defend the people who enjoy reach and all i get is hate if you want to discuss this further do it on xbox live as I am through with the toxicity of these forums. It seems that people get crucified for saying reach is their favourite huh.
Halo reach is like marmite you either love it or hate it. And to say the majority of people hated it is a blatent lie. Halo reach is currently the second most populated halo after 5. Granted halo reach did some things wrong but in my opinion it did more things better, Firefight, invasion, SOCIAL PLAYLISTS!!!!! a deep customization system and forge all stuff halo 5 shipped without, not to mention how machinima friendly it was. My problem is that halo "vets" seem to think halo games are JUST made for them but fail to see that 40% of the halo community is casual. If you don't like reach fine but you must know that some people like reach, I even think its the best halo IN MY OPINION!!! I just know some -Yoink- is going to call me out on that but hey I don't care, Im not going to call you out if you think halo 2 is the best.
Most of your points about Reach aren't even contributed to Reach though... Firefight was better in ODST, hands down. The only thing Reach did to improve firefight was add matchmaking, other than that they completely dumbed down the entire experience.

Social playlists have been in Halo since Halo 2, Reach didn't suddenly invent them.

Deep customization is a bit of an over exaggeration. Reach only had 21 armor sets. Sure you could mix and match more slots, but that only goes so far within the limitations. Everything else was just reskins, the same crap people gripe about in Halo 5. And in it's seasoned years, most Spartans looked the same anyways, because everyone was going after the same pieces.

Armor abilities were -Yoink- awful. Even in social they were just dumb. There needs to be a line drawn between how much fun something can be before it's completely imbalanced and broken.

Invasion was a blast, I'll give Reach that. But for the longest time it was more broken than Warzone Assault is now. The number of exploits in Invasion was ridiculous, and it took months to get addressed.

Also, 40% casual that liked it still leaves 60% hardcore that hated it... So that is a majority by your statistics.
just because somebody is hardcore doesn't mean they hated reach, and your hatred for reach is 100% opinion based, if you don't like reach good for you I don't give a flying -Yoink-. i personally think halo 2 was an overated game, If thats your favourite guess what... good for you. Yes halo reach didn't invent social, I was actually comparing the content of reach to halo 5 not other halo's. You need to see the difference between an opinion and a fact. Opinion: reach sucked Fact: halo 5's content is lacking for social players. While you think reach sucked alot of people would beg to differ. This same concept applies to all games.
Don't believe I mentioned Halo 2 anywhere as being my favorite. Nor did I ever flat out say Reach sucks. I was making rebuttals to your very own opinionated pros about Reach. Your opinion seems to be anyone that doesn't like Reach is a H2 fanboy, yet you suggest I'm the biased one? I'm failing to see any purpose to the bolded sections, care to elaborate on your referencing them?
You know what, im not getting anywhere with you im just going to go ahead and end this debate, all i did was defend the people who enjoy reach and all i get is hate if you want to discuss this further do it on xbox live as I am through with the toxicity of these forums. It seems that people get crucified for saying reach is their favourite huh.
So anyone who disagree with you is toxic and hateful? I don't believe I ever once verbally attacked you, got offensive, or tried to belittle you. I was very polite, and even agreed with you on some points. In fact, your first response to me was "I don't give a flying -Yoink- what you think." If anyone here is toxic, it's you.
It's simple... If you are looking for a casual experience play Reach. If you want a more competitive experience play H5
Halo reach is like marmite you either love it or hate it. And to say the majority of people hated it is a blatent lie. Halo reach is currently the second most populated halo after 5. Granted halo reach did some things wrong but in my opinion it did more things better, Firefight, invasion, SOCIAL PLAYLISTS!!!!! a deep customization system and forge all stuff halo 5 shipped without, not to mention how machinima friendly it was. My problem is that halo "vets" seem to think halo games are JUST made for them but fail to see that 40% of the halo community is casual. If you don't like reach fine but you must know that some people like reach, I even think its the best halo IN MY OPINION!!! I just know some -Yoink- is going to call me out on that but hey I don't care, Im not going to call you out if you think halo 2 is the best.
Most of your points about Reach aren't even contributed to Reach though... Firefight was better in ODST, hands down. The only thing Reach did to improve firefight was add matchmaking, other than that they completely dumbed down the entire experience.

Social playlists have been in Halo since Halo 2, Reach didn't suddenly invent them.

Deep customization is a bit of an over exaggeration. Reach only had 21 armor sets. Sure you could mix and match more slots, but that only goes so far within the limitations. Everything else was just reskins, the same crap people gripe about in Halo 5. And in it's seasoned years, most Spartans looked the same anyways, because everyone was going after the same pieces.

Armor abilities were -Yoink- awful. Even in social they were just dumb. There needs to be a line drawn between how much fun something can be before it's completely imbalanced and broken.

Invasion was a blast, I'll give Reach that. But for the longest time it was more broken than Warzone Assault is now. The number of exploits in Invasion was ridiculous, and it took months to get addressed.

Also, 40% casual that liked it still leaves 60% hardcore that hated it... So that is a majority by your statistics.
just because somebody is hardcore doesn't mean they hated reach, and your hatred for reach is 100% opinion based, if you don't like reach good for you I don't give a flying -Yoink-. i personally think halo 2 was an overated game, If thats your favourite guess what... good for you. Yes halo reach didn't invent social, I was actually comparing the content of reach to halo 5 not other halo's. You need to see the difference between an opinion and a fact. Opinion: reach sucked Fact: halo 5's content is lacking for social players. While you think reach sucked alot of people would beg to differ. This same concept applies to all games.
Don't believe I mentioned Halo 2 anywhere as being my favorite. Nor did I ever flat out say Reach sucks. I was making rebuttals to your very own opinionated pros about Reach. Your opinion seems to be anyone that doesn't like Reach is a H2 fanboy, yet you suggest I'm the biased one? I'm failing to see any purpose to the bolded sections, care to elaborate on your referencing them?
You know what, im not getting anywhere with you im just going to go ahead and end this debate, all i did was defend the people who enjoy reach and all i get is hate if you want to discuss this further do it on xbox live as I am through with the toxicity of these forums. It seems that people get crucified for saying reach is their favourite huh.
So anyone who disagree with you is toxic and hateful? I don't believe I ever once verbally attacked you, got offensive, or tried to belittle you. I was very polite, and even agreed with you on some points. In fact, your first response to me was "I don't give a flying -Yoink- what you think." If anyone here is toxic, it's you.
btw before I go, I just wanted to apologise as I read through my posts and reilised how toxic they actually were minut the first one. While i stand by my opinion i agree with you that i probably could have phrased it differently. I guess the reach hate just got to me sorry for the hostility.
Mad Yeti wrote:
I see a good amount of people posting about Halo Reach Being so good and so much better than Halo 5. That its gonna take over when it's backwards compatible... Let me ask you this, Have you forgotten what Reach did to Halo??
Thats the game that started the downward spiral for the community. It caused confusion of what Halo was and is. I enjoy Reach to an extent but it had loads of issues. It was a Halo that the majority of the community hated. Sorry for the reality check.
I know Halo 5 isn't perfect but it has the potential to be one of the best Halo's there is.
Reach was a spinoff, so who cares that it was different. It's 343i's fault to continue on that path and start to add generic elements that caused Halo to go downward.
Halo 5 multiplayer >
Halo Reach story >
boom
I quit Halo because of Reach. Not because I couldn't adapt, but because it was garbage. Yes it had tons more content than Halo 5, but the gameplay mechanics were horrible. That's the one thing I can say good about Halo 5...the gameplay is amazing (weapon balance ftw).
Weapons balance was never part of halo. It was about controlling the key points on maps and power weapons. This is many dont consider Halo 5 worthy of halo title. Same with halo 4. Spawn with PP and PG. Goodbye vehicle warfare.
Mad Yeti wrote:
I see a good amount of people posting about Halo Reach Being so good and so much better than Halo 5. That its gonna take over when it's backwards compatible... Let me ask you this, Have you forgotten what Reach did to Halo??
Thats the game that started the downward spiral for the community. It caused confusion of what Halo was and is. I enjoy Reach to an extent but it had loads of issues. It was a Halo that the majority of the community hated. Sorry for the reality check.
I know Halo 5 isn't perfect but it has the potential to be one of the best Halo's there is.
I see your point O_o
Nuggetsx wrote:
Halo 5 multiplayer >
Halo Reach story >
boom
Halo 5 : Reach
reach is crap
LethalQ wrote:
It's simple... If you are looking for a casual experience play Reach. If you want a more competitive experience play H5
If U R true MLG play both boom
Halo 2 and Halo 3 were better
RU77YB0Y wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
It's simple... If you are looking for a casual experience play Reach. If you want a more competitive experience play H5
If U R true MLG play both boom
MLG dropped Halo Reach. That should tell you just how MLG it is LOL.
I played 3 hours of halo 5 last night then finished the night with 2 matches of halo 3 on MCC. And one thing I overserved was the impact grenades have on halo 5 it's sickening. I feel in halo 5 grenades melee and gunfire are on all even ground. Halo 3 it feels it guns first followed by the other the two they way it should be. Grenade radius needs to be reduced ASAP. And grenades should not bounce up stairways. Maybe ramps with no stairs yes but fix your grenades
WhiteDrone wrote:
I quit Halo because of Reach. Not because I couldn't adapt, but because it was garbage. Yes it had tons more content than Halo 5, but the gameplay mechanics were horrible. That's the one thing I can say good about Halo 5...the gameplay is amazing (weapon balance ftw).
Weapons balance was never part of halo REACH. It was about controlling the key points on maps and power weapons. This is many dont consider Halo 5 worthy of halo title. Same with halo 4. Spawn with PP and PG. Goodbye vehicle warfare.
I fixed that for you.
Alright, so lets talk about maps and weapons from halo reach.

The maps were broken messes made with the purpose of integration into campaign. Armor ability jet pack completely destroyed any type of "map control" and completely destroyed the flow of any map in that game that had even the potential to not suck.

The sniper rifle absolutely owned all vehicles including tanks, getting a warthog sniped to death in the side after 2-3 shots was SO MUCH FUN. It was so good for vehicle combat don't you agree? How about the ultra over powered banshee? That even johhny-noob-nose could jump in and go 25-0 with little incident. How about that fusion rifle? The completely worthless Sentinel beam from previous games with a sniper scope on it?
Right now, halo reach even with its problems.

But I think that'll change down the road when more content is available for Halo 5.
WhiteDrone wrote:
I quit Halo because of Reach. Not because I couldn't adapt, but because it was garbage. Yes it had tons more content than Halo 5, but the gameplay mechanics were horrible. That's the one thing I can say good about Halo 5...the gameplay is amazing (weapon balance ftw).
Weapons balance was never part of halo. It was about controlling the key points on maps and power weapons. This is many dont consider Halo 5 worthy of halo title. Same with halo 4. Spawn with PP and PG. Goodbye vehicle warfare.
Oh that annihilated Big Team Battle. People in Mantis, a vehicle with a shield would stay in the back of the map...
C'mon man! It's comparing apples & oranges. Reach had its own unique character and gameplay. Halo 5 is a totally different animal. I'm not bashing either. I hold them both up with respect. Plus Bungie developed Reach and 343 did 5 so you have totally different teams at the helm with their own ways of working the game.

I still love Reach and I'm growing to love 5. Like the guy in an earlier post said, it's like picking between your own children. You just don't do that. Love 'em all. They each have their own unique personalities and it would be boring if all the games were the same.
Halo 5 will be constantly updated every month for a long time at least. And 343 is actually listening to the community and changing and adding things we want. Don't give up on Halo 5 right now it's just the beginning. Halo 5 might just be on of the biggest halo games yet.
XxMavr1kxX wrote:
Mad Yeti wrote:
I see a good amount of people posting about Halo Reach Being so good and so much better than Halo 5. That its gonna take over when it's backwards compatible... Let me ask you this, Have you forgotten what Reach did to Halo??
Thats the game that started the downward spiral for the community. It caused confusion of what Halo was and is. I enjoy Reach to an extent but it had loads of issues. It was a Halo that the majority of the community hated. Sorry for the reality check.
I know Halo 5 isn't perfect but it has the potential to be one of the best Halo's ere is.
I was ocming into this thread expecting the same old REACH IS BEST stuff, but its not.
alo
You get it. I remember what Reach did to halo FOR ME. Made me stop playing.
Halo reach and halo 4 were hands down the least popular halos. Reach completely lost the identity of halo. They tried to add too much while taking way the competitive aspect. All of my friends stopped playing completely and had lost faith until the mcc collection was released (also a flop due to terribble issues ). Halo 5 is the best halo since 3 and with constant updates/patches it has the potential to be one of if not the best halo.

The only people who truly believe reach is superior are the ones who began their halo career with reach. Which I can see why you would then prefer that . However if you're an OG then you can definitely apprectiate how halo 5 turned out and will continue to grow win updates.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 20