4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20
Halo Reach all the way
Halo reach is much better than halo 5
I love Reach mainly for three reasons. Spartan Customization, Forge/Customs, and Invasion.

All of these Halo 5 is currently missing and i'm 90% sure Forge won't launch smoothly in Halo 5 and even if it does it will take awhile for maps to be made unlike Reach which should still have fileshare and all the old maps from before.
For the reason ppl hated reach i loved it. I loved that it was different
WhiteDrone wrote:
I quit Halo because of Reach. Not because I couldn't adapt, but because it was garbage. Yes it had tons more content than Halo 5, but the gameplay mechanics were horrible. That's the one thing I can say good about Halo 5...the gameplay is amazing (weapon balance ftw).
Weapons balance was never part of halo. It was about controlling the key points on maps and power weapons. This is many dont consider Halo 5 worthy of halo title. Same with halo 4. Spawn with PP and PG. Goodbye vehicle warfare.
Oh that annihilated Big Team Battle. People in Mantis, a vehicle with a shield would stay in the back of the map...
Yes it would. I have always been vehicle/antivehicle player. I rarely touched a vehicle in halo 4 and when i did i would camp with it. I enjoy reach over 4 and 5 just for that sheer fact. The good ole days of driving around in a warthog getting nades chucked at ya
WhiteDrone wrote:
I quit Halo because of Reach. Not because I couldn't adapt, but because it was garbage. Yes it had tons more content than Halo 5, but the gameplay mechanics were horrible. That's the one thing I can say good about Halo 5...the gameplay is amazing (weapon balance ftw).
Weapons balance was never part of halo. It was about controlling the key points on maps and power weapons. This is many dont consider Halo 5 worthy of halo title. Same with halo 4. Spawn with PP and PG. Goodbye vehicle warfare.
Power weapons are still power weapons and are still crucial to map control here. The problem with past Halo games is that only 1 or two of the weapons (DMR, BR) were viable and it made it to where being good with either was a requirement to even compete. Not that I wasn't good with those weapons (50 in multiple playlists on H3), but for the first time in any Halo I've played, you'll actually see good players going for weapons that they wouldn't have ever touched in the other games because they are actually good in certain circumstances instead of being just complete garbage. The only mark I would have against my statement is the Plasma Caster and how much of a waste that is as a power weapon. It is a good weapon in it's own right but definitely not a power weapon.
Gameplay wise, if 343i makes PVE gametype for Halo 5, I will definitely choose Halo 5 than Halo reach. Most likely it will utilize the new req system, fighting new enemies and endless waves or a set number of waves while most likely defending an objective.Other than that, I like the new abilities and the new balance and made it more fun. Customization wise, Reach wins in my opinion. Endless possibilities just takes awhile to obtain all of the parts since it requires credits to be used to purchase them. Story, its hard to say... I'm on 50/50.
I loved reach! I still find it to be the Halo game I've had the most fun with. That and part three. But I also love Halo 5 almost equally as much. Just chill a bit with the hate. It IS okay to like both. And before anyone goes "you're a 16 year old because a grown up wouldn't like reach" (that argument btw is truly childish) I'm 27. Mindblowing, huh?
Honestly, how i feel is that i miss Reach's forge and Customization. I spent many an hour playing forge with my 3 siblings... I am definitely going to give Reach some more time when its added, but im definitely not giving halo 5 up either. They are both good in their own ways.
Halo 5 for competetive gameplay, Halo Reach for having fun. God I miss the grenade launcher.
Halo Reach was a great game for what it was written for. It was a prequel to Halo. It built the foundation for the rest of the Halo Universe gaming line. Just like making prequel movies now, sometimes it's a hit, other times you have such a split fan base that it's hard to please everyone. So they went with pleasing what they know about the Halo fan base.
While Reach may have started the downfall of Halo its still one of the best (imo. personally the original 3 are my favorite) I'll admit I was a bit of a Halo fanboy and I love every Halo (CE to Reach), but I outright hate H5 and that right there is how 343 as a studio should know they f'ed up. (Ya dun goofed 343). So, yeah, I'll see you guys on Reach.
Mad Yeti wrote:
I see a good amount of people posting about Halo Reach Being so good and so much better than Halo 5. That its gonna take over when it's backwards compatible... Let me ask you this, Have you forgotten what Reach did to Halo??
Thats the game that started the downward spiral for the community. It caused confusion of what Halo was and is. I enjoy Reach to an extent but it had loads of issues. It was a Halo that the majority of the community hated. Sorry for the reality check.
I know Halo 5 isn't perfect but it has the potential to be one of the best Halo's there is.
It was a nice breather from being in Chief's boots. You get the chance to literally be your own character, and go through a sad story of losing everything to seemingly gain nothing. Also Firefight, Co-Op, and the Lone Wolf mission were just great innovations. Holding down on Lone Wolf Solo Legendary was probably the best challenge we all could try save SLASO.
Halo 5 is supposed to be better than Reach in almost every possible way
But I still prefer Reach though.It's story is so deep and stunner.
Halo Reach has my favorite campaing and Halo 3 my favorite multiplayer
and I find both of them cooler than Halo 5.
Mad Yeti wrote:
I see a good amount of people posting about Halo Reach Being so good and so much better than Halo 5. That its gonna take over when it's backwards compatible... Let me ask you this, Have you forgotten what Reach did to Halo??
Thats the game that started the downward spiral for the community. It caused confusion of what Halo was and is. I enjoy Reach to an extent but it had loads of issues. It was a Halo that the majority of the community hated. Sorry for the reality check.
I know Halo 5 isn't perfect but it has the potential to be one of the best Halo's there is.
reach is why I started playing call of duty and battlefield instead it got so boring and annoying
I love Reach. I can't wait to be able to play it on the xbox one. until they start to fix things on halo 5 I will be going back to reach.
halo reach was fun but im really enjoying halo 5. cant wait for the forge to come out to see what happens
I enjoy all Halo games but Reach major has multiplayer issues that Bungie left uncorrected and that's because they were pulling Destiny in full swing while Reach was being developed. Bungie advertised Destiny in Halo ODST and the ViDocs for Reach you'll see employees rocking the Destiny symbol on benies. Pulling two projects at once plus hush hush meetings with Sony hurt Reaches quality but campaign/firefight was fun. Halo 5 is awesome the multiplayer is my favorite. IDC for the ranking system but knowing they are fine tuning it is reassuring. Rebuilt forge is gonna be awesome. I was never big on forge due to the time it took but always thought it was cool and now that they rebuilt forge with long time requests to better it has to be a rewarding feeling for those hardcore forge builders. I'll be forging for the first time with effort with all the new features they have implemented.
I just wanna see some of the Achievment horse type forges in 5 when the next update drops.
Halo Reach for the fact I could have friends over and we could enjoy the game.
I used to play splitscreen ever since Halo 2, 4 players in the same room playing halo was a blast!
When my friends came over they wanted to play Halo like the old days, but nope, there's no splitscreen.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20