I don't know, I love playing them both. Probably Reach right now, but H5 is awesome.
Halo Reach or Halo 5
OP Mad Yeti
His hatred is well and truly 100% opinion based, however so is your blind love. reach was the start of the dwindling halo community and that my friend i 100% fact 'based'just because somebody is hardcore doesn't mean they hated reach, and your hatred for reach is 100% opinion based, if you don't like reach good for you I don't give a flying -Yoink-. i personally think halo 2 was an overated game, If thats your favourite guess what... good for you. Yes halo reach didn't invent social, I was actually comparing the content of reach to halo 5 not other halo's. You need to see the difference between an opinion and a fact. Opinion: reach sucked Fact: halo 5's content is lacking for social players. While you think reach sucked alot of people would beg to differ. This same concept applies to all games.Hot Juicy Pie wrote:Most of your points about Reach aren't even contributed to Reach though... Firefight was better in ODST, hands down. The only thing Reach did to improve firefight was add matchmaking, other than that they completely dumbed down the entire experience.
Social playlists have been in Halo since Halo 2, Reach didn't suddenly invent them.
Deep customization is a bit of an over exaggeration. Reach only had 21 armor sets. Sure you could mix and match more slots, but that only goes so far within the limitations. Everything else was just reskins, the same crap people gripe about in Halo 5. And in it's seasoned years, most Spartans looked the same anyways, because everyone was going after the same pieces.
Armor abilities were -Yoink- awful. Even in social they were just dumb. There needs to be a line drawn between how much fun something can be before it's completely imbalanced and broken.
Invasion was a blast, I'll give Reach that. But for the longest time it was more broken than Warzone Assault is now. The number of exploits in Invasion was ridiculous, and it took months to get addressed.
Also, 40% casual that liked it still leaves 60% hardcore that hated it... So that is a majority by your statistics.