2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 22
Things change guys, get used to it. While there are some new features that are perhaps deviating from the Halo standard, you have to realize that change is inevitable, and you should learn to embrace it rather than fight it every step of the way.
There is one thing I've come to accept as inevitable, and that thing is how arguments only ever get even stupider around here.

I almost wish change was inevitable. Then maybe that would change as well.

Time for me to throw in the towel and embrace a future of day one $60 season passes and games launching in alpha states.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate comments.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Disagreed. I like the changes they attempt. I don't want the same recycled -Yoink- ever few years, it gets old. If you don't like the changes, I can definitely understand. But maybe it's time you accept that the "halo identity" is one that is always evolving and experimenting with new ideas.
Quote:
Though the game gets pretty boring after you've played the same game for about 5 years. This is why I'm in a Love/Hate relationship with BO3, since it plays way to much like Titanfall.
I gotta say, the more I see these comparisons between BO3 and Titanfall, I doubt anyone agreeing has actually played both.
Quote:
I'm glad sprint was added. If you've played Halo: CE so much, tell me how much fun you were having playing a 4-player FFA match on Sidewinder?
So your argument for sprint is that a map clearly designed for 8v8 team play sucks if you play on it with only four random people?

Okaaaayyyy...

Here's my rebuttal:
Haven sucks when you have 16 player FFA's, because sprint makes the game too chaotic. Therefore remove sprint plexors.
Chewbarooo wrote:
If you posted this before halo 5's release I would have fought you until the end of time.
Even now that I have played Halo 5 I would still have fought you.
But this almost proves you're right:

Look at what bethesda is doing with Wolfenstien and DooM.
The oldest FPS games ever (Doom started FPS) and they are bringing them back. Not only that but they are updated with many new mechanics, features but also keeping the same feel the old games had (to an extent). Wolfenstien did amazing. So will Doom (how can it not?) The fans of those game love the newer ones. Halo is the complete opposite.

So now with that said I completely agree with you. Halo didn't need this much done to it. A few new features here and there was all Halo needed. We didnt want a brand new game with a halo skin.
I still love Halo 5 but this game isn't living up to what Halo could be......should be.

What scares me is that Halo 4 and 5 arent that good resulting in a lot of fans leaving. If Halo 6 does worse then 343i will have killed off all of it's fan base. So many fans were disappointed with Halo 5. We cant have another game like that.
They already killed the fanbase with The Master Cheif Disaster... I mean Collection
This
Haha you shouldn't speak on behalf of the community. Because I hate to tell you but the machinema community is a strong as it has been especially with the new features added specifically for that. Forge is revamped and the best forge to date, plus everyone who I talk to about it absolutely loves it. From what ive seen all the communities are unharmed. This was just a hate speech no one asked for. Not only that, but the larger part of Halo's identity is its story, yes halo 5 was largely a set-up for halo 6.

But if you noticed at the end credit scean 343 is takeing it back to roots by going back to the rings. Witch btw we haven't seen since h3. And the new mechanics are to keep the game fresh. If it was the same game every time you wouldn't buy it, nether would I, there would be no reason to. If you wernt complaining about this you would complain about that, just finding something to complain about. So what you need to realize is this is there game and there story to tell. At its purist form everything they have done has innovated halo and overall makeing it better. I want each installment to be its own game and unique giveing me a reason to buy it. Progress happens with or without you and weather you like it or not.
Disagreed. I like the changes they attempt. I don't want the same recycled -Yoink- ever few years, it gets old. If you don't like the changes, I can definitely understand. But maybe it's time you accept that the "halo identity" is one that is always evolving and experimenting with new ideas.
You could say its combat evolving
Huh? What? I'm pretty sure that the ~90% of Halo fans who don't play Halo anymore would say what 343 has been doing to Halo has been Combat Devolved.
OP is crazy. COD 4 and Black Ops 3 are completely different beasts.

What's even crazier is that he states his wild opinions as facts.

I say good day to you and your strawman arguments, Sir.
Chewbarooo wrote:
If you posted this before halo 5's release I would have fought you until the end of time.
Even now that I have played Halo 5 I would still have fought you.
But this almost proves you're right:
Look at what bethesda is doing with Wolfenstien and DooM.
The oldest FPS games ever (Doom started FPS) and they are bringing them back. Not only that but they are updated with many new mechanics, features but also keeping the same feel the old games had (to an extent). Wolfenstien did amazing. So will Doom (how can it not?) The fans of those game love the newer ones. Halo is the complete opposite.
So now with that said I completely agree with you. Halo didn't need this much done to it. A few new features here and there was all Halo needed. We didnt want a brand new game with a halo skin.
I still love Halo 5 but this game isn't living up to what Halo could be......should be.
What scares me is that Halo 4 and 5 arent that good resulting in a lot of fans leaving. If Halo 6 does worse then 343i will have killed off all of it's fan base. So many fans were disappointed with Halo 5. We cant have another game like that.
No.
Doom popularized the genere, but before DOOM there was Wolfenstein 3D
His point still stands. Almost no one who played Halo during the Halo 1 to Halo 3 days likes what Halo has become today, almost no one. Halo has become CoD in Space. Halo would have been perfectly fine with it's guns/melee/nades/vehicles formula complimented by it's arena/tactical gameplay that it's had for years. The games only got better and better, and the population only got bigger and bigger. And now? The franchise is a broken shadow of its former self; all of the randomness in the gameplay makes for a very poor MLG/competitive scene and very poor tactical gameplay; the population can't sustain hundreds of thousands of players like it used to, not even tens of thousands; so on and so forth.
I've been playing since Halo CE and I still enjoy Halo 5, it's a super well developed sandbox that managed to keep Halo relevant in a time when fps games are becoming twitch shooters, you can't even say Halo 5 is that cause time to kill is too slow. I wonder about your statement saying the 'competitive scene is poor' and that it has 'very poor tactical gameplay', have you watched the Halo championship, the MLG scene is super insane, it's highly competitive, the skill of some of the players are insane and the tactics used are so smart and well played. If you want proof go to YouTube and watch Denial vs Evil Geniuses on the Halo channel, brilliant match between two great teams that is super intense, especially game two, I love that and it proofs your whole point wrong
Quality over quantity also it kinda is they only have a main game every 3 years though.
Go back to a time where you HAD to master the BR versus Halo 5 where any weapon can reign supreme? No thanks. You shouldn't be forced to play a certain weapon, you should be able to play ANY weapon you want. Only thing Halo 5 screwed up on was
Spoiler:
Show
no social playlists, no content, and screwing up the ranking system (should include performance not just wins/losses).
No
Huh? What? I'm pretty sure that the ~90% of Halo fans who don't play Halo anymore would say what 343 has been doing to Halo has been Combat Devolved.
90%? where on earth did you pull those numbers? HELLO? 90% of the halo community!?!? where have you been all this time!!???
Wait. Let me get this straight: so the people who, like you, haven't played Halo 5, dislike it? Good to know. I'm sure their opinion on a game they haven't played is just as valid as your own.

Also, only
Quote:
90% of Halo fans who don't play Halo anymore would say what 343 has been doing to Halo has been Combat Devolved
? Why do 10% of the people who have quit Halo in this hypothetical, unsupported scenario like it? I gotta say, that doesn't make much sense.
90%? where on earth did you pull those numbers? HELLO? 90% of the halo community!?!? where have you been all this time!!???
HaloTracker. /rolleyes
One thing done right in Halo 5 is the multiplayer. The general gameplay and weapon balance is the best in Halo games so far. If this game had more content at launch and a better campaign, it would have been an absolute masterpiece.
In conclusion, Halo 5 is great.

Halo fan since CE.
MGRoy 07 wrote:
Am I the only one that notices that this guy has only played Halo 4 (SR rank 25) and Halo 5. How is this guy a Halo Vet or Fan. He sounds like a troll to me.
Go back a few pages, it was mentioned by many people...Most of his supporters don't seem to notice that.
He said he didn't like halo 4, why get to a high rank in a game if you don't like it.
That's not the problem here. The problem is that he's bashing on Halo 5 and he didn't even play it. He's just another 343 hater who can't come up with any solid arguments or rebuttals.
So you speak for 90% of the fans? Do tell, how long did it take you to do this survey and how many people were involved? I'd love to see some numbers. Could you also throw in a pie chart?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 22