Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo's development should be consistent like CoD

OP Litty Critties

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 22
i hate it how master chief isn't as much of a badass anymore...
now all he goes on about is cortana :/
Lost all seriousness in this post when I read "halo should be more like cod"
I9n1te wrote:
Halo 5 is unique gameplay wise, and it is best halo game for now
How in the world is Halo 5 unique? That's like saying that Halo 5 innovated; a typical 343 drone soundbite. If you wanna say that implementing sprint, ADS, and all the other gimmicky garb that's been a staple in many other twitch FPSers is what makes Halo unique... well, whatever helps you sleep at night. Nothing 343 has changed with Halo is unique, original or creative. It's all watered-down and uninspired.
Riiight, cause these spartan abilities aren't unique at all. Some people like Halo 5. I don't see why you have to call them drones and act like they like are the ruining franchise. Grow up.
You have got to be kidding me..So you basically want the game to just completely stay the same? Don't you think that even more people would start to leave if they kept playing the exact same game for 15 YEARS? What's the point? Why would you even want a new Halo game then? Why did you ever move beyond Halo CE? I mean come on. ADS? It's a zoom function. That's it. Sprint? Oh yea, that's an abomination. It makes no sense that an augmented supersoldier at the peak of human efficiency can sprint. Not to mention that it's just horrible that the pacing of the game got sped up slightly and that many people actually enjoy that. You want Halo CE and 2? Go play them. Have fun.
I think Halo Reach should've been as far as it went when new mechanics were added. Halo 4 I did enjoy but I get why a lot of people dislike it. Halo 5 was to ambitious for what Halo is good for and it just ruined it.
I respectfully disagree. I don't want a reskinned Halo 3 every few years, I want things to improve, or evolve as improvement is subjective. I just cant get this idea of wanting the same slow, clunky mechanics from 2007 in a new game. I honestly think with the other games around at the minute if Halo had not changed at all between releases it would be doing badly now anyway, otherwise everyone would still be playing Halo 3.
I like what 343 are doing with Halo, there is more than enough remaining from the old Halos to retain it's atmosphere and appeal for me.
And when Halo 6 comes out there will be just as many games in the new theme as the old, just saying "its not Halo" means nothing. Its Halo.
all of you are saying make halo 6 like halo 3 but if they do that everyone will say that 343 can't have there own original game
We get a Halo each year anyway

2009 - Halo 3 ODST
2010 - Halo Reach
2011 - Halo CEA
2012 - Halo 4
2013 - Halo Spartan Assault
2014 - Halo MCC
2015 - Halo Spartan Strike / Halo 5 Guardians
2016 - Halo Wars 2
2017 - Halo 3 Anniversary most likely
2018 - Halo 6 most likely
The fact your'e even comparing halo to COD makes me lose my respect for you
Chewbarooo wrote:
If you posted this before halo 5's release I would have fought you until the end of time.
Even now that I have played Halo 5 I would still have fought you.
But this almost proves you're right:
Look at what bethesda is doing with Wolfenstien and DooM.
The oldest FPS games ever (Doom started FPS) and they are bringing them back. Not only that but they are updated with many new mechanics, features but also keeping the same feel the old games had (to an extent). Wolfenstien did amazing. So will Doom (how can it not?) The fans of those game love the newer ones. Halo is the complete opposite.
So now with that said I completely agree with you. Halo didn't need this much done to it. A few new features here and there was all Halo needed. We didnt want a brand new game with a halo skin.
I still love Halo 5 but this game isn't living up to what Halo could be......should be.
What scares me is that Halo 4 and 5 arent that good resulting in a lot of fans leaving. If Halo 6 does worse then 343i will have killed off all of it's fan base. So many fans were disappointed with Halo 5. We cant have another game like that.
No.
Doom popularized the genere, but before DOOM there was Wolfenstein 3D
His point still stands. Almost no one who played Halo during the Halo 1 to Halo 3 days likes what Halo has become today, almost no one. Halo has become CoD in Space. Halo would have been perfectly fine with it's guns/melee/nades/vehicles formula complimented by it's arena/tactical gameplay that it's had for years. The games only got better and better, and the population only got bigger and bigger. And now? The franchise is a broken shadow of its former self; all of the randomness in the gameplay makes for a very poor MLG/competitive scene and very poor tactical gameplay; the population can't sustain hundreds of thousands of players like it used to, not even tens of thousands; so on and so forth.
I played halo since CE and i love H5. Reach started the population slide and H4 pretty much finished things off. H5 has doen a little better than H4 in many ways. If we are talking dissapointments, i remember playing H2 and being bitterly dissapointed, i hated dual wielding (and still do) but i still came to enjoy the game although its far from a fav. Although i wasnt keen on the armour abilities in reach i was so glad they got rid of dual wielding.

As for the randomness you speak of H5 has pretty much got rid of that aspect brought in by reach and H4. Have you seen any of the HCS? This game plays very well as a competitive title.
Completely agree with Dong here, H5 has brought the series back after Bungie changed so much with Reach. I felt H4 sucked because it stuck too close to what Reach did wrong. I feel 343 is finally getting comfortable and starting to do there own thing, yea its fast paced (god forbid it has sprint like thats the only thing separating COD and Halo) and map design isn't great but no loadouts and a balanced sandbox is a godsend. I also finally feel that Halo MLG is back (with some really good storylines to add to the drama).
So make Halo 6 basicly Halo 3.5 with it being a 1 gun BR game again? Ya no thank you.
I knew MIcro's were inevitable, but with BO3 new dlc it looks more like they are copying us, even put in melee weapons and a Sword, a Freak'n Sword.
No, I'd rather not have halo 3.5 release every year. Halo's already being milked, but this would take it to a whole new level.
Agreed
I would have to disagree with this post. Halo has to evolve. To me Halo 5 multi is the best out right now. It is comparatively as good as Halo 2 was for its time.
numbers prove you are right, but people on this forum will always say that it's your opinion
Never in all my years of playing Halo would I've ever thought that Halo should be more like CoD, but to be frank, it very well damn should be. 343, you have destroyed Halo's identity. Halo will never be the great game and FPS titan if it continues down this path of modernization.

Back during the classic Halo days, I, like so many other Halo vets, always criticized CoD for always being the same, never changing. Of course, this is going to be exacerbated in part due to its yearly release cadence; but you know what makes CoD so successful and maintains its monumental status? It's more of the same. That's right—not less of the same—but more of the same. One of the major reasons Halo 2 and Halo 3 were titans during their release and the years following was because they respected and did not deviate drastically far from Halo: CE's model of gameplay and mechanics. With Halo 2 and Halo 3 we also got a bunch of new content, features and mechanics that was far more replayable than CoD, innovated more than CoD, and we got all of that in much bigger amounts.

All these armor abilities—now masquerading as "spartan abilities"—ADS, map development revolving around the usage of AAs, gimmicky mechanics, twitch-based gameplay, etc is ruining Halo and alienating the majority of the Halo playerbase. What you did with Halo 4, and now still trying to compromise by doing what you're doing with Halo 5, means that Halo will not have the hundreds of thousands of players that played Halo 2 and Halo 3. There will be no MLG/competitive community, no machinima communities, no clan communities, no Elite communities, barely any Forging community and thus barely any custom games players.

As far as gameplay/mechanics goes, stop "CoD-ifying" or modernizing Halo. We don't want it playing like CoD, or like Battlefield, or like Titanfall, or like Destiny, whatever. If Halo 6 is going to be anything like Halo 4 or Halo 5 is, well Halo 6 will not be a Halo like just like Halo 4 and 5 haven't been.
Uuuuuuuuum no the new mechanics fit well and any game need change every once in a while change is inevitable
danimusio wrote:
numbers prove you are right, but people on this forum will always say that it's your opinion
The reason numbers are down is because halo 4 was sorta a fail then no one wants to buy halo anymore
Never in all my years of playing Halo would I've ever thought that Halo should be more like CoD, but to be frank, it very well damn should be. 343, you have destroyed Halo's identity. Halo will never be the great game and FPS titan if it continues down this path of modernization.

Back during the classic Halo days, I, like so many other Halo vets, always criticized CoD for always being the same, never changing. Of course, this is going to be exacerbated in part due to its yearly release cadence; but you know what makes CoD so successful and maintains its monumental status? It's more of the same. That's right—not less of the same—but more of the same. One of the major reasons Halo 2 and Halo 3 were titans during their release and the years following was because they respected and did not deviate drastically far from Halo: CE's model of gameplay and mechanics. With Halo 2 and Halo 3 we also got a bunch of new content, features and mechanics that was far more replayable than CoD, innovated more than CoD, and we got all of that in much bigger amounts.

All these armor abilities—now masquerading as "spartan abilities"—ADS, map development revolving around the usage of AAs, gimmicky mechanics, twitch-based gameplay, etc is ruining Halo and alienating the majority of the Halo playerbase. What you did with Halo 4, and now still trying to compromise by doing what you're doing with Halo 5, means that Halo will not have the hundreds of thousands of players that played Halo 2 and Halo 3. There will be no MLG/competitive community, no machinima communities, no clan communities, no Elite communities, barely any Forging community and thus barely any custom games players.

As far as gameplay/mechanics goes, stop "CoD-ifying" or modernizing Halo. We don't want it playing like CoD, or like Battlefield, or like Titanfall, or like Destiny, whatever. If Halo 6 is going to be anything like Halo 4 or Halo 5 is, well Halo 6 will not be a Halo like just like Halo 4 and 5 haven't been.
The ignorance is strong with this one. You want Halo to be the same like Halo 2 or 3 yet you criticize CoD for being the same. The Smart scope is a fancy way of zooming in. Sprint doesn't make a game CoD, so many games have sprint. Halo 5 Arena has the core formula of Halo just modernized. That's all. Granted Halo 5 launch was sub-par. But now Halo 5 is a pretty good Halo game. Sprint, AA, etc, came from Reach. Bungie introduced it, a shocker isn't it? Yet Reach maintained a community.

You are simply beating a dead horse that has already decomposed into the ground. Your argument holds little weight and as such should be treated as whining and complaining rather than constructive criticism.

With love,

A Halo CE starter.
danimusio wrote:
numbers prove you are right, but people on this forum will always say that it's your opinion
The reason numbers are down is because halo 4 was sorta a fail then no one wants to buy halo anymore
Yeah, it's almost like they don't like what 343 is doing with the franchise, so they decided not to buy Halo 5 (or buy it and stop playing). Weird how that works.
danimusio wrote:
numbers prove you are right, but people on this forum will always say that it's your opinion
The reason numbers are down is because halo 4 was sorta a fail then no one wants to buy halo anymore
Not only numbers of sales are low, but even those of online population (in proportion to sales).
For example Destiny, though it sold less and it's two years older, is played more than H5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 22