Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Halo's weapons need to function more uniquely.

OP TryHardFan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17
Harmanoff wrote:
To me it sounds like he wants a Halo 3 MLG playlist lol
Not really. Halo 3's weapon balance was not the best by any means in terms of balancing all the close range weapons. I'm trying to revert away from this concept and give each halo 5 weapon a specific role in the sandbox instead of the redundant overlaps we have currently.
In my opinion the halo 5 weapon sandbox its almost perfect. But I think the surpressor should be revamped in the next halo.
Hovernem wrote:
In my opinion the halo 5 weapon sandbox its almost perfect. But I think the surpressor should be revamped in the next halo.
Probably so in response to your suppressor comment. There isn't much variety in general when it comes to the boltshot and suppressor functions.
TryHardFan wrote:
GHOST 9o5 wrote:
Honestly, I knew I should've stopped reading after the

"Three shot magnum"

Are you insane? It's an already perfect utility weapon. I'm starting to use it all the time in Warzone just for practice.
You consider the weakest precision weapon in the game to be the "prefect utility weapon?" Do yourself a favor, and look at this video (just read the description really), then tell me whether halo 5's pistol is truly the perfect utility weapon.

Have you ever played halo CE? Because unless you're a god, you are not going to hit 3 shot kills very often, if at all because of the game' mechanics
That comparison is the worst thing I have ever seen for this topic here, theres nothing that this video says besides of "If I stand infront of you and fire, while you don't move, then this and that will happen with these according numbers..." Theres a time to use a specific weapon and then theres a different time to use a different one, you can't just expect to win every one on one using your pistol and, that's being hella lazy and forcing what you think is "skill" on others.
If you want them more unique we must start with the removal of Sprint.
Sprint affects the maps and that affects the weapons.
I didn't mean it as going back to H3 weapons and such, just that you want to change so much as to make it MORE competitive then well it already is!! See lack of Social playlists!!! H3's MLG playlist changed certain aspects of the game to suit their wants and needs...that's what I was getting at....also your name just irritates me lol no idea why just does sorry if that gets u butt hurt tho :(
Excalibro7 wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
GHOST 9o5 wrote:
Honestly, I knew I should've stopped reading after the

"Three shot magnum"

Are you insane? It's an already perfect utility weapon. I'm starting to use it all the time in Warzone just for practice.
You consider the weakest precision weapon in the game to be the "perfect utility weapon?" Do yourself a favor, and look at this video (just read the description really), then tell me whether halo 5's pistol is truly the perfect utility weapon.

Have you ever played halo CE? Because unless you're a god, you are not going to hit 3 shot kills very often, if at all because of the game' mechanics
That comparison is the worst thing I have ever seen for this topic here, theres nothing that this video says besides of "If I stand infront of you and fire, while you don't move, then this and that will happen with these according numbers..." Theres a time to use a specific weapon and then theres a different time to use a different one, you can't just expect to win every one on one using your pistol and, that's being hella lazy and forcing what you think is "skill" on others.
You don't have to even look at that footage itself really (I should've made that more clear honestly), just look at the stats within the description itself. The point I was making was that the claim for the pistol being the perfect utility weapon was outrageous when you consider how outclassed the weapon is by every other precision weapon.

As for the bold part of your post, that's exactly what I had in mind with my entire OP. My reasoning for including a utility weapon comes from the idea that players should be individually empowered so that they can come up with more creative and effective pushes, aside from the typical push consisting of more than 2 players. The utility pistol may not always win every engagement, but if it did, it was because the player wielding it was extremely skilled. My suggestions for all the other weapons are meant to reinforce this philosophy of "There's a time to use a specific weapon and then there's a different time to use a different one."
Harmanoff wrote:
I didn't mean it as going back to H3 weapons and such, just that you want to change so much as to make it MORE competitive then well it already is!! See lack of Social playlists!!! H3's MLG playlist changed certain aspects of the game to suit their wants and needs...that's what I was getting at....also your name just irritates me lol no idea why just does sorry if that gets u butt hurt tho :(
I see your point now. But my viewpoint is that a game being more "competitive" means nothing if their core mechanics don't allow for skillful game play (CoD as an example). Even with extremely skilled games, they always have the potential and flexibility to become social games for any person willing to put their mind to making such game modes in custom games.

Don't worry about me from my gamertag, I admit that it makes no sense TBH, due to my 11 year thought process when I made this account (sorry I suppose :P).
KCD0DGER wrote:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/ar-br-pistol-how-we-can-make-all-three-greater/3ac819de-a287-4533-8e8d-aa7497500cd0/posts

Just leaving this here.

"Why does it matter that you're facing the second most common Covenant weapon, stop trying to judge the mechanics by their lore. "
"IMHO, halo 5' smart-scope doesn't even function the same as it was supposed to from a lore standpoint. Why exactly are Spartans aiming into a digital holographic or reflex sight when those precision weapons have built in cameras that allow those Spartans to look through the scope without physically aiming through it while wearing their helmets?"

First of all, do you see that holographic projection when someone is aiming, like you do the needler? No. you do on covie weapons. It's in your eyes. Second, don't argue against yourself like that.

If you're fighting a bunch of elites with Storm Rifles, you can't use your abilities. Y'see the problem there? That's hell. That's hell. There's more to Halo that PvP y'know.
Well, for one, you actually do, so um.

Either way, mechanics can be reworked between Campaign and Multiplayer.
I stopped reading after the second paragraph. Making the pistol a 3 shot kill would take away the need for any other weapon.
Agreed. Besides, the majority of maps are long range. Pistol should only be used as backup or close range. I think the balance on pistol is just fine.
So you basically want the magnum to be better than the BR and DMR? That's just plain stupid, I'm sorry but your argument about it being just barely viable is completely false as the magnum with its extended range can easily outclass a BR even though it is supposed to be the better weapon just like the DMR. I just can't this seriously. All I get from this is simply that you want to be rambo and force people into playing around the fear they will be taken done by rambo with his god magnum. I played Halo CE, and I played Halo five, two completely different sandboxes, completely different mechanics, completely different time period and you want to implement these changes in for what? To relieve the time of the god magnum? Please, we already have the CE magnum in this game and even though it shoots slower, its pretty powerful weapon, outclassing most weapons including precision which is a strong indicator of how things would go. I'll stop ranting but seriously, just no, as much as I hate halo 5 and the weapon balance I would rather not unbalance everything with a god tier magnum.

But unto your DMR suggestion. Its fine, leave it, unless it becomes a two shot because of its decreased fire rate then no as this game would allow just about everybody who gets hit once by a slow firing DMR to run away.

For your automatic suggestions......I give up....just no......just......no.
Too much to read with my old eyes.
I fell asleep reading this post.
I think its fine the way it is.
Oh, here we go. All the Waypoint kids have gotten out of class and are flooding in to write their completely pointless non-responses.

Young Buh wrote:
Fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

I don't care what you think, unless you want to elaborate with a post that isn't completely worthless.
Oh, here we go. All the Waypoint kids have gotten out of class and are flooding in to write their completely pointless non-responses.

Young Buh wrote:

I don't care what you think, unless you want to elaborate with a post that isn't completely worthless.
The original post itself is totally stupid and no one will agree with it....is that better?
l Jinxed I wrote:
When did Waypoint go all Ogre 2 on us saying the CE magnum was OP?Guess what guys, balance is when something gets stronger, but also harder to use, like less aim assist and bullet magnetism.

I will pay MONEY if I see someone consistently hitting 3 shots with the CE magnum. It's not possible. If I see game play, I will throw my Xbox at the wall, because you can't. Everyone here saying it is OP just see the on paper 3sk and say it's OP, when the average TTK is slower. I guess this is what you get asking Waypoint, you'll get told something is OP by Bronze 3's who played 1 match and got dusted.
Just going to quote this again. I want to see that game play.

Young Buh wrote:

Pptsss i know :).
Young Buh wrote:

Young Buh wrote:

The original post itself is totally stupid and no one will agree with it....is that better?
Why though? This is why Waypoint is the biggest joke when mentioned on other forums.
How is it that all of a sudden the H5 pistol is now viewed as a weak weapon. If i remember correctly at release, everyone was complaining on how OP it was. Now all of a sudden it needs to be the best gun in the game? Unless you are a CE purist (which Ramir3z is) you would realize how ridiculous that sounds.
In my opinion the magnum is perfectly balanced because you can out shoot a br and dmr with aiming and movement or if you get the first shot but no one would pick up the br and dmr anymore if it was a 3 shot kill pistol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17