Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo Style Aim Down Sights

OP eating lunch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
No. Please no. I don't care how "standard" aim-down sights have become in FPS's. It's not Halo. They can't just come out with all 4 Halo's on one disc with the old aiming method then change it up with Halo 5. It wouldn't make sense. Keep Halo, Halo. Halo got where it is by being unique, not following trends. That's why population started to dip towards the end games, because everything was starting to gravitate towards the "standard".
If we're playing as marines, sure! If we're playing as Spartans in MJOLNIR armour, why would we aim down sights? Why would a Spartan in MJOLNIR armour ever use sights, assuming his HUD system is not broken?

If a Halo game includes aiming down sights (unless it's a game where we play as a marine rather than a Spartan or ODST) it will be the first Halo game I don't buy.
I think people are seriously overreacting to new scope aesthetics. How Smart Scope isn't Halo ? It doesn't effect gameplay, it has been implimented in cannon. And they have added descope and hipfiring is as good as before.

I like looks of new Smart Scope system, and don't see any problems with it.
At first I was not a fan, but I understand that the franchise has to make changes and move forward etc. I will hold my tongue until I have played the beta :)
If I wanted to play COD style aim I would play COD but I dont, I play Halo and since the beginning way back when it first came out for Xbox and my life was forever changed, it was the straight to view screen not shouldering a gun, Spartans can get a head shot from the hip everyone knows that
kruger343 wrote:
If I wanted to play COD style aim I would play COD but I dont, I play Halo and since the beginning way back when it first came out for Xbox and my life was forever changed, it was the straight to view screen not shouldering a gun, Spartans can get a head shot from the hip everyone knows that
That doesn't make sense. So you actually choose games based on what type of aiming system is present? You play Halo because of the fact that Bungie was too lazy to animate moving your gun up to your face.

But is no one laughing at the fact that the OP's idea was completely implemented by coincidence. All I see are posts of people that continue the discussion like it's still going.
I prefer scopes over sights. I hate ads and this is just enough to not purchase h5 . If the warzone varients of scoped precision rifles were implemented to arena I'll buy h5 but even a classic playlist won't be enough that'll separate the population and won't be able to search. I especially that horrible holographic sights carbine, what a shame
Pokelantis wrote:
I prefer scopes over sights. I hate ads and this is just enough to not purchase h5 . If the warzone varients of scoped precision rifles were implemented to arena I'll buy h5 but even a classic playlist won't be enough that'll separate the population and won't be able to search.
How did you even find this ancient of a thread?
I'll just be repeating myself by saying this but I could do with the post count. It isn't ADS, it's just zooming but with an added visual.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3