1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 29
If you haven't been farmed by ONI, Party Up, or Osiris you just haven't been playing WZ. We usually retreat to the back of our base and make Spartan pyramids till they blow the core.
If you haven't been farmed by ONI, Party Up, or Osiris you just haven't been playing WZ. We usually retreat to the back of our base and make Spartan pyramids till they blow the core.
So stupid, players from two Spartan company's that are working together to spawn trap players for kills just for one piece of amour
Armour or no armour companies would still farm.
It's around long before Halo 5 and will be around in the future.
R3dMarine wrote:
Nothing good ever comes from ONI
The real ONI would never waste time playing with their prey. They'd neutralize their enemies quickly and quietly, and then make up a story about how they didn't do it.
Another farming post?

I'm a nobody but here's my take on it.
There are alot of reason behind farming other than the typical "Achilles" excuse. I could personally give a crap about the armor, commendations or KD.
IMO farming is a normal human/spartan reaction given the environment in which we play. I'm typically in 12 man teams during warzone & am aware that if we triple cap early & take out the core, the chances of me getting to use some exotic reqs are slim. We were given a vast majority of options weapon/ability wise & I WANT TO USE AS MANY OF THEM AS I CAN FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE...
Aside from using reqs, I/we get a little shot of dopamine for every time a kill is made. This makes me feel good & keeps me coming back to the game day after day. When you are cornered in the base & my req level rises, the amount of feel good chemical flows more & more freely. This IS part of human nature.
Combine the 2 reasons above & you may realize why I have ZERO problems farming you until I no longer can.
I UNDERSTAND THE SPORTSMANSHIP side of things, I really do...but to be perfectly honest, it's my time & I'll use it how I wish.
I've been on the farmed team often and it's aggravating but this guy is spot on. Feels good to get kills even if it's just shooting fish in a barrel. Not much we can do about that. It's human nature. Teams will party up with or without Achilles because they want to stomp. Happens in every game.
Everyone just report them it isn't the dev's fault and these people are just selfish and need to learn their lesson. I would say best solution is to remove Achilles from their possession and ban them for a week.
It IS the dev's fault, they made the game AND the incentive to promote this behavior.

But you're right, all we can do is report them.
How did they promote this? Do you think they had an idea that some of the community were bent and lacked the audacity to earn Achilles properly? Its like saying that cod promotes teams to farm kills and spawn trap for a rare skin for your gun. The maps don't even promote that much spawn trapping. The players have to be real flyasses to try attempt spawn trapping.
You're joking about reporting players, right?
Why would we not need to report? Its called not being selfish and thinking in the long run and its an overall benefit for everyone. Plus it will also encourage these no lifers to rethink their lifestyles
coll9502 wrote:
You didn't even finish spelling the word "farming"
shows how much Microsoft employees (or the one he "claims" to be lol) knows how to spe
And yeah I didn't finish the word "farming" on the forum title which then I fixed in like 2mins so
He's also referring to you grammar. I'm sure you probably used the wrong "to" or "there" at some point, as well
*your. Sorry I had to say it.
who cares,

farming:
More kills for your spartan company
more reqs points at the end of the game
you win

destroying the core:
Well, you get the 60% of the reqs points
you win
Rough spelling, but I know where you're coming from
Sir Rinder wrote:
Sir Rinder wrote:
I mean while it is annoying and aggravating they arent technically doing anything wrong.
Yup, all we can do is sit there and take the farming. It isn't too bad if you're not worried about KDR.
True, if I get farmed I just run in circles (so I dont get kicked for idling) while I watch youtube
Personally I'd spend the time reporting every single one of their team for unsporting conduct. If enough people do it they'll get banned, and that's what the feature is there for. So next time it happens, please do so and encourage your team to do it too. That's a max of 12 reports per game, they could rack up some seriously bad rep in no time if more people did this.

Personally I've never been farmed, perhaps it's not such a big thing here in the UK.
Its kind of an issue though. It might be a sign of bad balancing design.
Sir Rinder wrote:
Sir Rinder wrote:
I mean while it is annoying and aggravating they arent technically doing anything wrong.
Yup, all we can do is sit there and take the farming. It isn't too bad if you're not worried about KDR.
True, if I get farmed I just run in circles (so I dont get kicked for idling) while I watch youtube
Personally I'd spend the time reporting every single one of their team for unsporting conduct. If enough people do it they'll get banned, and that's what the feature is there for. So next time it happens, please do so and encourage your team to do it too. That's a max of 12 reports per game, they could rack up some seriously bad rep in no time if more people did this.

Personally I've never been farmed, perhaps it's not such a big thing here in the UK.
100% agree with you
Sir Rinder wrote:
Dude you know yourself that it is wrong. No one wants to put up a smile of joy while just watching themselves getting spawn killed over commendations and KDA. The teams that do this get Achilles faster and have beast KDA's. But does that mean that they have actual skill? NO definitely not. Does that mean that they have earned Achilles without selfishly damaging the community? NO! They should be punished and Achilles and their KDA's should be reset (or give them a week ban)
I never said I support it or that it is the right thing to do. Im just pointing out that they actually arent breaking any rules. No where does it say you MUST destroy the core. You simply are required to hit 1000 points and they are doing that. I hate farming just as much as the next guy but farmers definitely dont deserve to be punished unless theyre breaking the rules which they arent. 343 poorly designed spawning and base capturing which allowed this, its not the players fault that its a possibility
Sir Rinder wrote:
Sir Rinder wrote:
Dude you know yourself that it is wrong. No one wants to put up a smile of joy while just watching themselves getting spawn killed over commendations and KDA. The teams that do this get Achilles faster and have beast KDA's. But does that mean that they have actual skill? NO definitely not. Does that mean that they have earned Achilles without selfishly damaging the community? NO! They should be punished and Achilles and their KDA's should be reset (or give them a week ban)
I never said I support it or that it is the right thing to do. Im just pointing out that they actually arent breaking any rules. No where does it say you MUST destroy the core. You simply are required to hit 1000 points and they are doing that. I hate farming just as much as the next guy but farmers definitely dont deserve to be punished unless theyre breaking the rules which they arent. 343 poorly designed spawning and base capturing which allowed this, its not the players fault that its a possibility
It's not 343i fault, no game company would ever think that dirty players would farm for kills and spawn trap players for one piece of amour, it's the players fault not 343i
Wild Charge
"It's not 343i fault, no game company would ever think that dirty players would farm for kills and spawn trap players for one piece of amour, it's the players fault not 343i"
Umm, that is very naive... MANY people have farmed in MANY games for zero incentive (other than what I listed). You think 343 isn't aware of our agricultural methods from H4!? Get real...
Sir Rinder wrote:
Sir Rinder wrote:
It's not 343i fault, no game company would ever think that dirty players would farm for kills and spawn trap players for one piece of amour, it's the players fault not 343i
Just because they didn't intend for it to happen doesn't mean its not their fault. 343 made the circumstances that made people want to farm, its their fault. It was obviously a mistake, but its still their fault.
Wild Charge
"It's not 343i fault, no game company would ever think that dirty players would farm for kills and spawn trap players for one piece of amour, it's the players fault not 343i"
Umm, that is very naive... MANY people have farmed in MANY games for zero incentive (other than what I listed). You think 343 isn't aware of our agricultural methods from H4!? Get real...
....or H3 kill farming on MLG Onslaught?

Btw if its the farmers fault that they're farming, then it's also the farmed's fault for being farmed.
-Getting REQ'd solo searching?
-Find a team to party up with
-Still getting REQ'd?
-Get better at the game by learning boss times/what REQs to use
Matic wrote:
Wild Charge
Btw if its the farmers fault that they're farming, then it's also the farmed's fault for being farmed.
-Still getting REQ'd?
Btw, if it's arsonists' fault that they're burning your home, then it's also homeowners' fault for having their property burned.
- Getting your home burnt?
- Find firefighters to call to.
- Still getting your home burnt?
- Get better at handling a hose/fire extinguisher to use.
Narcejeiro wrote:
Matic wrote:
Wild Charge
-Still getting REQ'd?
Btw, if it's arsonists' fault that they're burning your home, then it's also homeowners' fault for having their property burned.
- Getting your home burnt?
- Find firefighters to call to.
- Still getting your home burnt?
- Get better at handling a hose/fire extinguisher to use.
Makes sense to me!

I accidentally stole some guys bullets with my gut one time, I got arrested for larceny
Okay so jumped on warzone and funny thing is that the enemy team had 280 points and all bases so what did they do but farm for kills and spawn trapp us

and these clans are Office naval intelligence and the surna clan and funny fact is their rep on Xbox need to be worked on, that's just shows how bad players they are and I hope these clan sees this
Most farming parties enjoy playing against other farming parties because the games are actually close. The reason they have bad rep is because majority of people don't think and whine about how other play, as if they're is such a thing as "playing correctly" and just instantly report them because they feel as if this is not fair. I mean if I want to get a boss kill/ helping a teammate finish his commendations, I'm making sure and doing anything I can to prevent the other team from stealing it. Just because you are not having fun doesn't mean other players has to give in to you. There is not such thing as a "correct way to play" just as there isn't such thing as a "normal way to act in real life."

I mean if there was a "lacking skill option" I'm sure the farming parties would use it, so they would match other parties like them.
Any spawn trap is preventable, but most players lack the skill/knowledge to prevent it from happening/ don't know how to fight back against people who do it. This is mostly due to the fact that people do NOT think when they play OR just keep trying to do the same thing over and over again and hope that something different will occur.

The new "reason" players, lacking skill to prevent it, blame it for an armor. Guess what? spawn killing/ farming has been around since halo 1. And guess what else? It was around in cod games since their inception. And fps before that also had it. So the excuse of "they are doing for the armor blah blah blah" is completely false. Do you really believe that even if the armor wasn't there it would prevent parties from doing it? Or if they get the armor, do you really think it's going to stop? No.

It is NOT the dev's fault, the developers built a new game from the ground up and did a nice job. However, it is up to the PLAYERS, the INDIVIDUALS PLAYERS, to figure out how the game works, and LEARN what to do in any situation. It is NOT the developers responsibility to baby the community, but it's the communities responsibility to learn and counter. Don't believe me? Look at Destiny, bungie kept modifying things and the game is a mess now.

The only solution I agree with is "parties should match other parties." That has been the ONLY valid idea by the community, and I am 100% for it. However, constantly whining about it is not a solution, and pointing fingers is what 3-year-olds do. You are not helping 343 that way, I wouldn't be surprised if they just roll their eyes from the amount of complaints they have to read. Grow up, LEARN what do to prevent it, LEARN to look for the recurring patterns of how players set up for it, maybe then you will figure out what needs to be done to prevent it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 29