Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo worth returning to?

OP Hydro BxR

So I've been out of halo for about a year know, and I want to get back into it but I'm wondering if it's worth it now. It seemed like it was dying the last time I played as it would take a while to get into a match, sometime I wouldn't even get into one, and when I would it was against the same people. This is about halo 5, haven't touched mcc since h5 came out. So are either one still being played? Is there a big enough community in them that makes it worth playing?
It would most likely depend on what playlists you play. For example, in FFA you might be able to find a game, but it could be against people of much higher skill since the population isn't that great. There's also a different matching system now so your search times might be different than before. There are still people playing MCC and it's currently being fixed as well.
Best way to decide is to just play it for a day or 2 & see how you like it.
It’s hit or miss. I’d play it if you have it see if it’s your cup of tea. If not no harm no foul
This is something you should experience for yourself. It might be good to play it once again. Even if it is a day or two, you can more firmly decided to play it or not.

As they say experiences vary.
What region do you live in? I live on the east coast of America and regularly go back and fourth from H5 to MCC and never usually have trouble finding matches in any playlist that I play. Except when I want to play the HCE, H2 or H2A playlist in MCC, their matchmaking times can be long. But as far as H5, heroic warzone firefight, super fiesta, FFA, btb and in MCC btb and action sack I usually always find games in a reasonable wait time.
I just jumped back in for the first time since it came out. I remember I was having internet woes surrounding the release, and then it just faded when the next big game release happened.

I think it is totally worth diving back into. The game play is good enough alone to justify it.

My only gripes are that the social playlists are limited: Slayer only has 3 maps and there isn't a social objective playlist.

Overall, I'm excited to keep playing. It has reminded my how much I've loved Halo since it came out when I was in 6th grade ( I'm now a 6th grade teacher =0 )
It's fun and I don't have trouble in most of the playlists, but I tend to stay with the more popular ones. You might as well try it yourself and see; I enjoy the matchmaking and can't wait for the Core Playlist to come back.
LethalQ wrote:
What region do you live in? I live on the east coast of America and regularly go back and fourth from H5 to MCC and never usually have trouble finding matches in any playlist that I play. Except when I want to play the HCE, H2 or H2A playlist in MCC, their matchmaking times can be long. But as far as H5, heroic warzone firefight, super fiesta, FFA, btb and in MCC btb and action sack I usually always find games in a reasonable wait time.
I live in Texas
Selah074 wrote:
My only gripes are that the social playlists are limited: Slayer only has 3 maps and there isn't a social objective playlist.
I'll just clarify a little bit since you might not be aware due to you being gone. The Quickplay playlist is supposed to only have three maps since it was meant for new players to get accustomed to the game and there is an objective playlist called Core Play, but it's a rotational playlist. I agree that there should be more maps in a normal Slayer playlist though.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Selah074 wrote:
I'll just clarify a little bit since you might not be aware due to you being gone. The Quickplay playlist is supposed to only have three maps since it was meant for new players to get accustomed to the game and there is an objective playlist called Core Play, but it's a rotational playlist. I agree that there should be more maps in a normal Slayer playlist though.
I didn't care to much for the social playlists, I like the feeling of working toward s omethinf so even if I'm horrible at the game I still play ranked. Was really upset tho that I was gold in ffa and slayer and was about to rank up to whatever comes after gold and got matched with nothing but onyx and I think diamond? Players, while my team was gold and below. This happened every single game and I ended up losing a rank
I think it's pretty fun
best to stick to social if you wanna not be frustrated. So far they have decent playlists with Anniversary and Covenant weapon playlists
Hydro BxR wrote:
So I've been out of halo for about a year know, and I want to get back into it but I'm wondering if it's worth it now. It seemed like it was dying the last time I played as it would take a while to get into a match, sometime I wouldn't even get into one, and when I would it was against the same people. This is about halo 5, haven't touched mcc since h5 came out. So are either one still being played? Is there a big enough community in them that makes it worth playing?
If your already out its not worth coming back too they added a couple maps then broke the ranking system the h5 br is horrible now
If you mean Halo 5

Multiplayer is over competitive and with the addition of req weapon and vehicles being on some maps balance is thrown out the window entirely

Customs browser is decent

Warzone pretty much what you'd expect over competitive with obligatory req spam good or bad that's up to you

Forge absolutely stellar

imo if you're returning for customs and Forge yes, but multiplayer I'd rather I didn't wake up lol.
I live in California and don't have any problems finding matches. The only thing that plagues me is, I'm Gold 2 and get matched against Champ - Plat.. It's a massacre... lol.
I thrive in the competitive scene so idc about them being "over comp" I just need friends who are the same way, I love forge and have so many ideas on maps and I can't get the new forge down at all. And I agree I've matched against everything that I'm not and it's always a massacre when that happens.
I don't mind it. As someone that was already ahead of the meta I never noticed any difference besides in the BR. People play a lot faster with less emphasis on setting up spawn traps and more on fast and efficient rotations and teamwork. If you're looking at playing in ranked and some social playlists, learning some more advanced map movement is almost essential in my opinion.

All these comments about the game being "over competitive" aren't very founded in my honest opinion. I can see where they come from but every game is competitive by nature. The objective is simply to win and everyone is competing for that. Besides, a lot of people enjoy the intensity of a close game or the chance to come back and win.
Overall yes it's worth getting back into Halo, though now that MCC is fixed I am going back to that more often. I'll be going back and forth between mcc and 5
I think it's fun, but why not try and see for yourself?