Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo Xbox One ideas

OP TyroneRundaGang

note - This is my personal opinion of what should be in Halo Xbox one. I'm posting this in hopes that 343 listens to me, please no hate.

Campaign - I'm not going to insult the campaign because I found it entertaining but I can never seem to play it over and over like the other halo games. A few suggestions, Bring back the campaign skulls. They were fun to look for and were difficult to find(IWHBYD in halo 3). Also take away the repetitive feel away from the campaign. Another thing, I've noticed the campaigns in halo have been getting a lot easier every new game, please make it hard, some halo veterans need a challenge.These changes would be amazing if brought to the Halo campaign.

Spartan Ops - Get rid of it! It was a good feature to take your mind off the campaign and multiplayer but I could barely play through them; I was intensely bored. I did however enjoy the cut scenes. They showed an interesting story of what happens after Halo 4 and a nice sneak peak to the Halo Xbox one story. Overall, the spartan Ops series wasn't a good feature for Halo 4.

Firefight - Bring back firefight or make firefight 2.0. I've always enjoyed ODST's firefight but not so much halo Reaches. I feel Halo Reach took away the skill required to play firefight. In ODST, we had none of this customization but I loved it. Getting to set 4 on Heroic would be the hardest thing in ODST but getting to Set 10 on legendary in Reach would be no problem because of the customization. Another thing, this may be a long shot, but bring back the Brutes and flood just for firefight. I personally thought the brutes were the best enemy in the series. If you can't bring them in the campaign, then put them into firefight. One more thing, bring back fan favorite maps such as Lost Platoon and Alpha Site. Ive always enjoyed playing firefight on these maps. These additions would be great for the next Halo.

Multiplayer - I saved multiplayer to last because it is certainly the longest. I have separated this into different parts

Service Record - I liked Halo 4's Service Record but I loved how Halo Reach featured your progress in Halo 3 & ODST. If also the service record could show your highest CSR rank and milestone which you can only view on Waypoint, that would be good.

Customization - The customization was great, the armor selection was huge, but this post isn't about flattering Halo 4. The armor, what the heck is up with some of the armor? Like Orbital? Scanner? Tracker? If i hadn't got the fotus armor, I would argue that the Recruit armor may have looked the best unlockable in the game. The armor looks childish(personally) and should take an example of what Halo Reaches armor looked like; not exactly, but in that same kind of textural design. And what is up with all the pre order bonuses? I like completing my halo armor selection but I'm not going to pre order 6 different copies just so I can get the armor or emblems. Another thing, bring back loveable armor that fans such as myself enjoy. Bring back Hayabusa, Security, The Katana, etc. And the emblems, emblems such as the star, the numbers, Fleur di lis, never made it into Halo 4 but should come back to Halo Xbox One.

Multiplayer maps - I loved Halo 4 maps, all I can say is bring back more close & long range maps. I felt like Halo 4 had too much close quarters to long Range maps. One more thing, remake guardian; loved to play that map.

Multiplayer gametypes - I loved that they brought in legendary slayer to Halo 4. Keep that original type of gameplay. There should be however, a community playlist, where fans submit gametype and players play those for one or two weeks, Sort of like action sack. A few gametypes I suggest should be brought into Halo Xbox one and halo 4 would be like Sword slayer, Laser Tag(Spartan laser only), rocket race(which is my favorite) & Scorpion slayer.

Multiplayer gameplay -

Weapons- Lets use the worst for first, the boltshot. I can't tell if it's a pistol or a shotgun? (I know it's a pistol) Remove the shotgun feature on it, it's annoying. Bring back a few weapons and grenades from previous Halo games. For starters, the plasma rifle, that was a classic weapon and should be brought back. The SMG, no reason to be taken out, wasn't overpowered nor underpowered. The firebomb, I know it may be a brute grenade but I'm sure the UNSC could make their own version of it. The sentinel beam, c'mon there are sentinels in the game you should be able to get it from them anyways. Another thing, if you decide to bring back dual wielding, don't make mistakes like dual wielding needlers, boltshots (for the love of God) or the plasma pistol/pistol combination.

Vehicles - From what I've read, the mantis was originally supposed to run and fly? That would be amazing to bring into Halo Xbox One... for the campaign only. The Mantis is already a superpower and shouldn't be upgraded for multiplayer. Also, The boost time for the ghost is kind of an annoying thing. I get that maybe it's because of the new faction of the covenant, it's a different type of ghost but it's still annoying.

Other problems - I feel like the melee system is way overpowered. you can kill an enemy with the melee by taking down his shields halfway basically. The lack of bug fixes have also been evident. but not that many problems in my opinion.

Final additions - The soundtrack; bring back the original halo theme with the guitar playing in the background. Bring back the theater and score system for the campaign and bring the arbiter into Halo Xbox One. Whether he is in the main story or in a secret legendary ending, bring him back.

To sum this statement up, I feel that Halo 4 was a great game with many problems but still manages to beat Call of duty.I feel that 343 cares about the community and are not corporation sellouts who only want our money. I hope that a 343 employee reads this and takes even some of these ideas and put them into effect either now or in the next Halo.

Thank you for reading
~Iced Out Zombie

P.S. bring Spartan Assault to the Xbox. I'm not going to pay $120 to get windows 8 just so I can play Spartan assault.
Good ideas.

When they release the game, I hope they have a Legendary edition and you get all future map packs. I hate buying MS Points
Exactly! I loved Halo Reaches legendary edition and they should include a map pack pass for like 3 or 4 map packs
i also hope they take off the kill cam -Yoink- cause how are we suppose to witness our murderers desecrate our bodies with a t bag here and there. i dont need to see the shot. if anything give us a way to cancel out of that -Yoink-. maybe a spot in the settings allowing us to switch on and off the kill cams in our games
TANK U 99 wrote:
Good ideas.

When they release the game, I hope they have a Legendary edition and you get all future map packs. I hate buying MS Points
MS Points have been retired since 2013.

Edit: Holy god in heaven, I see now.
i also hope they take off the kill cam -Yoink- cause how are we suppose to witness our murderers desecrate our bodies with a t bag here and there. i dont need to see the shot. if anything give us a way to cancel out of that -Yoink-. maybe a spot in the settings allowing us to switch on and off the kill cams in our games
why bring this back up...its from 2013...
TANK U 99 wrote:
Good ideas.

look at the date this was created -__-
The Necroposting is strong in this one.
Plus, have a look at the post-beta changes blog. Kill cams are now opt-in only. You press X and can see the kill cam, or just leave it and stare at your corpse for five seconds.
TEEJAY V21 wrote:
TANK U 99 wrote:
Good ideas.

look at the date this was created -__-
Ah man you beat me too it. What this guy with said, the one above me, the one with eyes.