Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo5 Multiplayer Talk

OP Sxpurb

I just want to put this out here and remember this is my opinion. Feel free to debate and discuss.
Why does Halo have to evolve in the way that it has?
Halo 1-3 multiplayer was amazing and Halo also had its competitive peak during these times;99% of people can agree those first three games had the best multiplayer experience. Another FPS out longer than Halo, Counter-Strike, has never completely changed the game and expected people to just adjust and make the best of it.
Counter-strike still has a huge audience, is still fun to play, and still updates to accommodate the community.However, I dont see sprint, abilities, any of this other garbage forced on players because other developers are doing it.... You get my point.
What I would like to see is a game like Halo 2/Halo 3 with updated gun models, player models, map textures,maps,you get my drift. I think its wrong to fix whats not broken..
343, dont forget KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid.
Thoughts?
Yep, couldn't agree with you more. I remember playing the old halos hours on end and never getting bored. Now there is nothing to play for. What worthless cards that i never used. This game could have been really great. Multiplayer really is not bad but could be better. Needs a better campaign also. Halo 3 ranking system and Halo Reach customisation and progressive system would have worked great in this game. But no we just get a barebones game.
Thanks for your reply, A lethal Legacy. Yes! The Halo 3 rank system was great minus the level lock that happened sometimes, I didn't play reach for more than 2 weeks but I did like the progressive system you mentioned.
Maybe because they already did what you just asked, updated gun models textures for maps etc, halo 2 anniversary. If we wanted to play halo 2 again we would go to mcc.
Except Halo 2 anniversary was not anything like Halo 2 "classic". They completely broke the skill gap with the aim assist and disgraced it by not remaking all of the maps. Also Halo 2 had the button glitches which increased the skill gap even further and those were not in H2A either.
Oh I'm sorry, they actually fixed glitches for the re-release.

you are so ungrateful, you should be glad they remastered it at all. It just goes to people can't adapt to change.
343i tries to hard too please us. Bungie just did what they thought would fit right, and what they believed. Now all 343i is concerned about is pleasing players and bringing it back to the original Halo roots. The original games were great, but you cant take a game later on in the series and try to bring it back to its roots many many years ago. You need to evolve the game and keep progressing forward. In my opinion 343i is too afraid to take large risks with the campaign and multiplayer after Halo 4. Now they only care about past Halo experiences and only try to please the users, completely disregarding essential game mechanics and campaign. Games only get better because they change and progress. Imagine what Halo would be like with actual iron sights, looking down an actual BR, DMR, and AR, not just moving the same reticle into a bunch of glowing lines. Actually running through a battlefield with elites and what not (reference to Reach commercial) and fighting. They focus waaaay to much on pleasing the gamers rather than changing and progressing the actual game. On what was said earlier, they could do just that. They can always create new maps, add weapon skins, occasionally add a gun here or there, but what you ultimately get is the same thing. Halo Reach and Halo 3 were undoubtedly the most successful games because they implemented new features and progressed the game, not staying exactly to its roots. You look at games like assassins creed and COD, they are basically the same thing with a new campaign, which people complain about non-stop. Same thing here, 343i tries to change something, but ends up just boosting the saturation and adding 'iron sights' to the guns and calling it good. That's my two cents.
343i tries to hard too please us. Bungie just did what they thought would fit right, and what they believed. Now all 343i is concerned about is pleasing players and bringing it back to the original Halo roots. The original games were great, but you cant take a game later on in the series and try to bring it back to its roots many many years ago. You need to evolve the game and keep progressing forward. In my opinion 343i is too afraid to take large risks with the campaign and multiplayer after Halo 4. Now they only care about past Halo experiences and only try to please the users, completely disregarding essential game mechanics and campaign. Games only get better because they change and progress. Imagine what Halo would be like with actual iron sights, looking down an actual BR, DMR, and AR, not just moving the same reticle into a bunch of glowing lines. Actually running through a battlefield with elites and what not (reference to Reach commercial) and fighting. They focus waaaay to much on pleasing the gamers rather than changing and progressing the actual game. On what was said earlier, they could do just that. They can always create new maps, add weapon skins, occasionally add a gun here or there, but what you ultimately get is the same thing. Halo Reach and Halo 3 were undoubtedly the most successful games because they implemented new features and progressed the game, not staying exactly to its roots. You look at games like assassins creed and COD, they are basically the same thing with a new campaign, which people complain about non-stop. Same thing here, 343i tries to change something, but ends up just boosting the saturation and adding 'iron sights' to the guns and calling it good. That's my two cents.
Ummmmm Halo 5 is the same kind of progression from Halo 2 to Halo 3 we enjoyed. Enough changes to make different gameplay different but familiar. Halo Reach is a testement to hiw overdoing changes splits and hurts a Fanbase, having 50%~60% of Halo 3's player base, and Halo 4 being a -Yoinking!- monument to change way to much having a 97% population drop off within 1 or 2 months

Halo 5 is the first Halo to have a Multiplayer feel like a actual succesor with familar gameplay to Halo 2/3 and peopl mostly love it. It the first mainline Halo I like since 3 for sure.

you are so ungrateful, you should be glad they remastered it at all. It just goes to people can't adapt to change.
I think you missed my point but I can re-word it for you.
The original Halo2 game had a very high skill gap which made it appealing and fun! In halo 2 I could win 1v2's even 1v3's thanks to such mechanics as the BXR, Double shot, strafing.... Now that is nearly impossible against anyone holding a controller.

Secondly, instead of attacking me and calling me ungrateful you should think. This has nothing to do with adapting to change, it has to do with what is better.
If i gave you $100 a day, every day, but then started giving you $50 each day AND it came with your favorite drink which would you prefer?
Although I agree somewhat. I do like to see some new content and gameplay changes from time to time. If you really wanted updated textures for halo 1 and 2, they are on the Master Chief collection. I don't think the problem is adding new features. I think the problem is adding bad ones.

When 343 took over and devolved halo 4, they tried there hardest to change combat to a newer, faster paced and newbie friendly system. The armor abilities, the call of duty custom classes, the cheap unlimited sprint and really noob friendly auto aim simply scared off older halo vets. But to the new guys they ate that -Yoink- up. To be fair, they fixed a lot of those issues in Halo five. No more worrying about loosing a firefight because you don't have the right armor ability, everyone has the same ones now. No more people sprinting away from gunfights, because now their shields won't recharge. No more loadouts(At least in arena), and auto aim seems to have been nerfed.

I do want to see new features, and halo 5 is actually a step in the right direction. 343 listened to the community and acted accordingly. I think halo 5 is an attempt to appease the halo vets AND grab the attentions of the younger generation by merging the old and the new.

"Wow I love Halo 3! I hope the sequel is completely different! - Said no one ever.
Although I agree somewhat. I do like to see some new content and gameplay changes from time to time. If you really wanted updated textures for halo 1 and 2, they are on the Master Chief collection. I don't think the problem is adding new features. I think the problem is adding bad ones.

When 343 took over and devolved halo 4, they tried there hardest to change combat to a newer, faster paced and newbie friendly system. The armor abilities, the call of duty custom classes, the cheap unlimited sprint and really noob friendly auto aim simply scared off older halo vets. But to the new guys they ate that -Yoink- up. To be fair, they fixed a lot of those issues in Halo five. No more worrying about loosing a firefight because you don't have the right armor ability, everyone has the same ones now. No more people sprinting away from gunfights, because now their shields won't recharge. No more loadouts(At least in arena), and auto aim seems to have been nerfed.

I do want to see new features, and halo 5 is actually a step in the right direction. 343 listened to the community and acted accordingly. I think halo 5 is an attempt to appease the halo vets AND grab the attentions of the younger generation by merging the old and the new.
awesome bro! I like your take on this.
Watch any of the pros on twitch.tv like RyaNoob #1 Pro Ground Pounder, Ninja, or Naded. I think you'll find the game feels much so like Halo and has a high skill curve.
The ability to dash/sprint or thrust around have been evasion mechanics in many good competitive shooters; it makes the gameplay faster and skillful with the ability to juke and outsmart players.

Bungie "accidentally" made a fun multiplayer, and all it took was for players to choose PRO settings over Default for a balanced starting weapon in the M6D Magnum (many of the maps were poorly designed, thank goodness for the Pistol to balance it). Once the settings went to Matchmaking and were out of the players' hands and in the hands of Bungie, we had SMG starts in Halo 2 and AR starts in Halo 3. And thus rose the Official BR Thread, haha.
Sorry for being semi hostile, but I do not think we should have the same game every sequel. It is nice to see new mechanics and tactics to keep things from getting stale. If we had the same mechanics from halo 2 for 15 years it would get old. I like for them to add new movement options and weapons and tactics, instead of the old strafe, BR, spam grenades and occasionally melee.
I have no problem with the additions that were made to the gameplay and believe that Halo has progressed the way I expected it to, gameplay wise that is. I do however, take great offense in the fact that the radar is now completely worthless and an unnecessary amount of aim acceleration was added. These two issues were not present in the Halo 5 beta.
Sxpurb wrote:
I just want to put this out here and remember this is my opinion. Feel free to debate and discuss.
Why does Halo have to evolve in the way that it has?
Halo 1-3 multiplayer was amazing and Halo also had its competitive peak during these times;99% of people can agree those first three games had the best multiplayer experience. Another FPS out longer than Halo, Counter-Strike, has never completely changed the game and expected people to just adjust and make the best of it.
Counter-strike still has a huge audience, is still fun to play, and still updates to accommodate the community.However, I dont see sprint, abilities, any of this other garbage forced on players because other developers are doing it.... You get my point.
What I would like to see is a game like Halo 2/Halo 3 with updated gun models, player models, map textures,maps,you get my drift. I think its wrong to fix whats not broken..
343, dont forget KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid.
Thoughts?
Forgive me, but hasn't this been done? Halo 2 Anniversary. Same multiplayer just update models and graphics. I don't disagree, your totally correct. Looking at it from a marketing and sales stand point. They have to go this route. If you don't evolve you die in the business world
With Halo 4, 343 deserved to be instantly ejected from the Halo seat...Halo 5 while a step in the right direction, still needs work. Its maddening because they could have just stepped in, catered to existing fans, and made the awesomeness of the original trilogy happen all over again..

What we got is a slap in the face with halo 4, with blatant, and i mean BLATANT disregard for anything Halo. A broken game in the form of MCC and now a fragmented community, in the form of Halo 5, while they pretend they are a good developer.