Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

halo5 seriously unfair 4 EU, server discrimination

OP Swarfer

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
hi guys I did a experiment on how much USA players have a massive advantage on EU players so i decided to test it out for myself , so i took a trip to America the land of the free lol and I packed away my Xbox and my netduma R1 , for those of you that know what a netduma is , its a router where you can ping servers, any way I was amazed when I finally got there I set my Xbox up and my netduma up and started running some h5 dubs and I was so shocked how crispy the game felt it was like a different game.

the game felt so much easier I decided to ping the server I was playing on, and I was always playing on this server over and over again, id say at least 9 out 10 games so I pinged the server and i was getting a beautiful 40-50 ping consistently every game which is a pleasure compared back in the uk.

so when I got back home to the uk I decided to do the same thing I did in the USA and you never guess what I was consistently connecting to the same server over in America but this time when I pinged the server I was getting a massive 150-200-180 ping 9 out of 10 games now this just don't seem fair in 2020 and I lost every game I played can you believe it lol obviously un playable for other players other than USA players and considering 343 took my money for the game when I purchased this its completely unfair and discriminates everyone except the USA player base. So guys in halo infinite has the same system as halo 5 you bet the EU players popularity will disappear very quickly and EU players and other worldly players wont hit there full potential in the game so my message to 343 is to make infinite server selection from launch date other wise your have another excuse for EU players not to play this game would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

many thanks Swarfer
Swarfer wrote:
so when I got back home to the uk I decided to do the same thing I did in the USA and you never guess what I was consistently connecting to the same server over in America but this time when I pinged the server I was getting a massive 150-200-180 ping
So playing on an American server in the UK gave you higher ping? That’s normal for every game. There are different servers for different places in the world, eg East US, West EU etc
Swarfer wrote:
So guys in halo infinite has the same system as halo 5 you bet the EU players popularity will disappear very quickly and EU players and other worldly players wont hit there full potential in the game
Halo 5 has “search preferences”. These are to connect you with people that are the same skill level as you, with less lag. If you use these, you will connect to other players in your area. You will not connect to US players unless you use the expanded search
If you play with a team of EU players you will almost always get server priorities and flip the advantage
Swarfer wrote:
so when I got back home to the uk I decided to do the same thing I did in the USA and you never guess what I was consistently connecting to the same server over in America but this time when I pinged the server I was getting a massive 150-200-180 ping
So playing on an American server in the UK gave you higher ping? That’s normal for every game. There are different servers for different places in the world, eg East US, West EU etc
Swarfer wrote:
So guys in halo infinite has the same system as halo 5 you bet the EU players popularity will disappear very quickly and EU players and other worldly players wont hit there full potential in the game
Halo 5 has “search preferences”. These are to connect you with people that are the same skill level as you, with less lag. If you use these, you will connect to other players in your area. You will not connect to US players unless you use the expanded search
those search presences have nothing to do with what ping you have you will still play on a US server 9/10 games regardless you can search balanced and your match the same skill level but what's the point when your playing against someone who lives in the same country as the server i.e. USA they got 50 ping and you got 150 uk but yet your both the same skill the person closest to the server =win what need to be done is it go back to regional locked that would make it a lot more fair as everyone in the game has the same ping.
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
those search presences have nothing to do with what ping you have you will still play on a US server 9/10 games regardless you can search balanced and your match the same skill level but what's the point when your playing against someone who lives in the same country as the server i.e. USA they got 50 ping and you got 150 uk but yet your both the same skill the person closest to the server =win what need to be done is it go back to regional locked that would make it a lot more fair as everyone in the game has the same ping.
like I said most USA players play 50 ping consistently regardless if they search expanded or focus they may get the odd game on a EU server maybe 1 out of 15 games but if a EU player plays which ever the search preference i bet you a 1000 pounds there get a EU server 1 out of 20 games that's fact due to the experiment I did and this probably comes down to the USA has bigger popularity so 343 need to understand this so they can gain popularity in the EU by given us the option to regional lock servers #FACT
How do you know you’re connecting to US servers in the UK, assuming you use stricter search preferences?
I am a Halo player from the EU and I also feel discriminated against.
tuhin94 wrote:
How do you know you’re connecting to US servers in the UK, assuming you use stricter search preferences?
hi my friend look up netduma r1 router you can see every server in each location as it connects to game it also shows you your current ping times I average 150 ping if I'm lucky i might get 100 every game and if i get a EU server a beautiful 18 ping
Swarfer wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
hi my friend look up netduma r1 router you can see every server in each location as it connects to game it also shows you your current ping times I average 150 ping if I'm lucky i might get 100 every game and if i get a EU server a beautiful 18 ping
you just cannot play competitive halo in this current state, if I team with my friend from EU in doubles and there are 3 EU players in the game and one American player it will always pull the USA servers 9 out of 10 games period I have tested this over and over again.
Robior wrote:
I feel for you man hopefully we can get this stuff out there so the EU community don't feel so hopeless when they feel the heavy aim and the ghost shots.
Swarfer wrote:
Robior wrote:
I feel for you man hopefully we can get this stuff out there so the EU community don't feel so hopeless when they feel the heavy aim and the ghost shots.
I pray that infinite will have fixed this issue other wise it will jus be the same BS every game
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Search preferences factor in server connection, so if you want to play on EU servers in the UK choose balanced/focused.
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
like I said most USA players play 50 ping consistently regardless if they search expanded or focus they may get the odd game on a EU server maybe 1 out of 15 games but if a EU player plays which ever the search preference i bet you a 1000 pounds there get a EU server 1 out of 20 games that's fact due to the experiment I did and this probably comes down to the USA has bigger popularity so 343 need to understand this so they can gain popularity in the EU by given us the option to regional lock servers #FACT
You are more likely to get a US server in expanded because it has a higher population count, thus demanding more servers. As I said above, search preferences factor in what your connection to the server will be. This is an option to region lock servers.
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Search preferences factor in server connection, so if you want to play on EU servers in the UK choose balanced/focused.
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
You are more likely to get a US server in expanded because it has a higher population count, thus demanding more servers. As I said above, search preferences factor in what your connection to the server will be. This is an option to region lock servers.
bro I have software that's shows me what server I'm playing on at each game. and I do put it on balance focused and it still connects me to a USA server 9 out of 10 games are you from the USA? because it sound to me you don't know what your talking about with your consistent 50 ms to match making regardless 343 discriminate this is fact the software I have proves this.
I can say the same for the MCC. Most times I get placed in US servers, rarely EU ones.
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
I feel like a region lock option is not the way to go. At best, people that are highly competitive are the only ones that region lock the way they can play on a better server. At worst, everyone region locks and you neglect other continents that can barely sustain an 8-16 player population. Region locking occurred on MCC PC, as a result, the Australian population was almost unable to play matchmaking in general, which is a problem.

The biggest problem is the number of servers on each continent:
Spoiler:
Show
For which most players are in NA, which means that they attempt to give the "least worst ping". Problem is, when Americans connect outside of America, their ping is probably sitting around some 250-350ms on average, which is likely higher than most places in the world connecting to America. So it just gives them their server. It's honestly an unfair playing field cuz NA almost plays on LAN and everyone else doesn't.

The best way to get better servers is to have more players in every continent, however, that's difficult so another idea may be to give the "most best pings", which may give players outside of NA bad servers when solo queuing, but if most players are ANZ/Asia/EU it should, theoretically, give the majority of players their server.
Lucosus wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
I feel like a region lock option is not the way to go. At best, people that are highly competitive are the only ones that region lock the way they can play on a better server. At worst, everyone region locks and you neglect other continents that can barely sustain an 8-16 player population. Region locking occurred on MCC PC, as a result, the Australian population was almost unable to play matchmaking in general, which is a problem.

Spoiler:
Show
For which most players are in NA, which means that they attempt to give the "least worst ping". Problem is, when Americans connect outside of America, their ping is probably sitting around some 250-350ms on average, which is likely higher than most places in the world connecting to America. So it just gives them their server. It's honestly an unfair playing field cuz NA almost plays on LAN and everyone else doesn't.

The best way to get better servers is to have more players in every continent, however, that's difficult so another idea may be to give the "most best pings", which may give players outside of NA bad servers when solo queuing, but if most players are ANZ/Asia/EU it should, theoretically, give the majority of players their server.
we should get a option to regional lock them by a simple on and off button on the game and each server should show popularity that way you can un check it when population is low and check it when population is high, this will probably make halo infinite stay populated for longer if 343i added this little thing.
Swarfer wrote:
Lucosus wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:

Spoiler:
Show

we should get a option to regional lock them by a simple on and off button on the game and each server should show popularity that way you can un check it when population is low and check it when population is high, this will probably make halo infinite stay populated for longer if 343i added this little thing.
they have this option on mcc now well done 343i your starting to impress me just need to do this on halo 5 now.
There’s an old thread that ran for 238 pages. It was never great internationally in Halo, even in the bungie days, but Halo 5 was the last straw. They won’t fix it. It might be hard for Americans to grasp this but the franchise is largely dead for this reason and no other. Got sick of being cannon fodder for the domestic market.

Will only play Infinite on game pass and won’t bother buying it. The 343 games have repeatedly proven a pointless investment due to MM issues. I actually get mocked by friends for even mentioning the franchise now.
H5 servers have also felt awful lately, plus the game is extremely dependent on good internet
Swarfer wrote:
Lucosus wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:

Spoiler:
Show

Might do, we never know until it happens I suppose
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2