halo5 seriously unfair 4 EU, server discrimination

OP Swarfer

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
bro I have software that's shows me what server I'm playing on at each game. and I do put it on balance focused and it still connects me to a USA server 9 out of 10 games are you from the USA? because it sound to me you don't know what your talking about with your consistent 50 ms to match making regardless 343 discriminate this is fact the software I have proves this.
They must be US servers with low ping for you then, as balanced and focused factor in ping. I know because I have tried this myself, also I am from Ireland
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
bro I have software that's shows me what server I'm playing on at each game. and I do put it on balance focused and it still connects me to a USA server 9 out of 10 games are you from the USA? because it sound to me you don't know what your talking about with your consistent 50 ms to match making regardless 343 discriminate this is fact the software I have proves this.
They must be US servers with low ping for you then, as balanced and focused factor in ping. I know because I have tried this myself, also I am from Ireland
I don't think its possible to get low ping on American servers the best ping and the nearest server is 113 ping -I've pinged every server that halo uses, the best server for EU players is 22 -33 ping which is amazing when the game is played on them its a different game and it feels so good but you only get that 1 out of 20 games even in peak time in EU regardless what search preference I think the search preference just matches you up better team mates with equal skill well that can be worse than searching expanded lol with the ping disadvantage. halo infinite will loose its EU players over night if it has the same MM system and we need to be able to block severs so the EU population will populate and halo will be excellent again maybe better than ever. halo 5 would of been a lot more successful if this was implemented on launch day it literally killed EU fans and left the game in good shape just for USA LMFAO and they think there the best because they lived in a server bubble for so many years and they will never know the struggle.
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
I don't think its possible to get low ping on American servers the best ping and the nearest server is 113 ping -I've pinged every server that halo uses, the best server for EU players is 22 -33 ping which is amazing when the game is played on them its a different game and it feels so good but you only get that 1 out of 20 games even in peak time in EU regardless what search preference I think the search preference just matches you up better team mates with equal skill well that can be worse than searching expanded lol with the ping disadvantage. halo infinite will loose its EU players over night if it has the same MM system and we need to be able to block severs so the EU population will populate and halo will be excellent again maybe better than ever. halo 5 would of been a lot more successful if this was implemented on launch day it literally killed EU fans and left the game in good shape just for USA LMFAO and they think there the best because they lived in a server bubble for so many years and they will never know the struggle.
just to let anyone reading this above I pinged all halo servers from UK
https://www.azurespeed.com/Azure/Latency

this is the server park used for halo 5, fore some reason even the EU serves have a bad ping from Norway, when I play world of warcraft the servers are in France and normally have a 20-50ms ping, but MS servers never ping below 50, and most are over 100. and this is when i run this from the my PC , if i run that page from the browsers on the xbox i will have even worse ping for some reason.

US servers will have 150 and up.
Gaz Mareli wrote:

this is the server park used for halo 5, fore some reason even the EU serves have a bad ping from Norway, when I play world of warcraft the servers are in France and normally have a 20-50ms ping, but MS servers never ping below 50, and most are over 100. and this is when i run this from the my PC , if i run that page from the browsers on the xbox i will have even worse ping for some reason.

Yea that don't seem right at all someone needs to address these issues that we ae experiencing.
Swarfer wrote:
Gaz Mareli wrote:

Yea that don't seem right at all someone needs to address these issues that we ae experiencing.
i played halo 5 from it was new, it always been an issue, I mostly just do custom games whit, my mates, now as matchmaking is dead unless it's on expanded now and that's not an option anyway due to the lag.
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Lucosus wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
so when I got back home to the uk I decided to do the same thing I did in the USA and you never guess what I was consistently connecting to the same server over in America but this time when I pinged the server I was getting a massive 150-200-180 ping
like I said most USA players play 50 ping consistently regardless if they search expanded or focus they may get the odd game on a EU server maybe 1 out of 15 games but if a EU player plays which ever the search preference i bet you a 1000 pounds there get a EU server 1 out of 20 games that's fact due to the experiment I did and this probably comes down to the USA has bigger popularity so 343 need to understand this so they can gain popularity in the EU by given us the option to regional lock servers #FACT
I feel like a region lock option is not the way to go. At best, people that are highly competitive are the only ones that region lock the way they can play on a better server. At worst, everyone region locks and you neglect other continents that can barely sustain an 8-16 player population. Region locking occurred on MCC PC, as a result, the Australian population was almost unable to play matchmaking in general, which is a problem.

The biggest problem is the number of servers on each continent:
Spoiler:
Show
For which most players are in NA, which means that they attempt to give the "least worst ping". Problem is, when Americans connect outside of America, their ping is probably sitting around some 250-350ms on average, which is likely higher than most places in the world connecting to America. So it just gives them their server. It's honestly an unfair playing field cuz NA almost plays on LAN and everyone else doesn't.

The best way to get better servers is to have more players in every continent, however, that's difficult so another idea may be to give the "most best pings", which may give players outside of NA bad servers when solo queuing, but if most players are ANZ/Asia/EU it should, theoretically, give the majority of players their server.
we should get a option to regional lock them by a simple on and off button on the game and each server should show popularity that way you can un check it when population is low and check it when population is high, this will probably make halo infinite stay populated for longer if 343i added this little thing.
they have this option on mcc now well done 343i your starting to impress me just need to do this on halo 5 now.
so when I got back home to the uk I decided to do the same thing I did in the USA and you never guess what I was consistently connecting to the same server over in America but this time when I pinged the server I was getting a massive 150-200-180 ping
So playing on an American server in the UK gave you higher ping? That’s normal for every game. There are different servers for different places in the world, eg East US, West EU etc
Swarfer wrote:
So guys in halo infinite has the same system as halo 5 you bet the EU players popularity will disappear very quickly and EU players and other worldly players wont hit there full potential in the game
Halo 5 has “search preferences”. These are to connect you with people that are the same skill level as you, with less lag. If you use these, you will connect to other players in your area. You will not connect to US players unless you use the expanded search
those search presences have nothing to do with what ping you have you will still play on a US server 9/10 games regardless you can search balanced and your match the same skill level but what's the point when your playing against someone who lives in the same country as the server i.e. USA they got 50 ping and you got 150 uk but yet your both the same skill the person closest to the server =win what need to be done is it go back to regional locked that would make it a lot more fair as everyone in the game has the same ping.
like I said most USA players play 50 ping consistently regardless if they search expanded or focus they may get the odd game on a EU server maybe 1 out of 15 games but if a EU player plays which ever the search preference i bet you a 1000 pounds there get a EU server 1 out of 20 games that's fact due to the experiment I did and this probably comes down to the USA has bigger popularity so 343 need to understand this so they can gain popularity in the EU by given us the option to regional lock servers #FACT
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Lucosus wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:
I feel like a region lock option is not the way to go. At best, people that are highly competitive are the only ones that region lock the way they can play on a better server. At worst, everyone region locks and you neglect other continents that can barely sustain an 8-16 player population. Region locking occurred on MCC PC, as a result, the Australian population was almost unable to play matchmaking in general, which is a problem.

The biggest problem is the number of servers on each continent:
Spoiler:
Show
For which most players are in NA, which means that they attempt to give the "least worst ping". Problem is, when Americans connect outside of America, their ping is probably sitting around some 250-350ms on average, which is likely higher than most places in the world connecting to America. So it just gives them their server. It's honestly an unfair playing field cuz NA almost plays on LAN and everyone else doesn't.

The best way to get better servers is to have more players in every continent, however, that's difficult so another idea may be to give the "most best pings", which may give players outside of NA bad servers when solo queuing, but if most players are ANZ/Asia/EU it should, theoretically, give the majority of players their server.
we should get a option to regional lock them by a simple on and off button on the game and each server should show popularity that way you can un check it when population is low and check it when population is high, this will probably make halo infinite stay populated for longer if 343i added this little thing.
they have this option on mcc now well done 343i your starting to impress me just need to do this on halo 5 now.
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2