Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

halo5 seriously unfair 4 EU, server discrimination

OP Swarfer

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
Spoiler:
Show
Swarfer wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
again I never lag if you actually are a network engineer then surely you can see some of your points don't make sense
The servers are bad for us Westerners as well. I don't think anyone gets good games . P2p was better.
Hello everyone, I'm playing Halo in Japan.
In the first place, there is a game mode in my country that doesn't match at all even if I set the search option to expand, which is very annoying.
I've been playing Halo in Japan for a while now, and I'm having a hard time finding any matches in my country.
Swarfer wrote:
hi guys I did a experiment on how much USA players have a massive advantage on EU players so i decided to test it out for myself , so i took a trip to America the land of the free lol and I packed away my Xbox and my netduma R1 , for those of you that know what a netduma is , its a router where you can ping servers, any way I was amazed when I finally got there I set my Xbox up and my netduma up and started running some h5 dubs and I was so shocked how crispy the game felt it was like a different game.

the game felt so much easier I decided to ping the server I was playing on, and I was always playing on this server over and over again, id say at least 9 out 10 games so I pinged the server and i was getting a beautiful 40-50 ping consistently every game which is a pleasure compared back in the uk.

so when I got back home to the uk I decided to do the same thing I did in the USA and you never guess what I was consistently connecting to the same server over in America but this time when I pinged the server I was getting a massive 150-200-180 ping 9 out of 10 games now this just don't seem fair in 2020 and I lost every game I played can you believe it lol obviously un playable for other players other than USA players and considering 343 took my money for the game when I purchased this its completely unfair and discriminates everyone except the USA player base. So guys in halo infinite has the same system as halo 5 you bet the EU players popularity will disappear very quickly and EU players and other worldly players wont hit there full potential in the game so my message to 343 is to make infinite server selection from launch date other wise your have another excuse for EU players not to play this game would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

many thanks Swarfer
Hey man I have to ask. What region were you in the US? If you check the East Coast server ping, it is consistently higher than the EU servers a grand majority of the time. Very weird and idk why, but it can be seen by typing in “Halo 5 server ping” and finding the site ping test live - Halo 5.

Anyways happy holidays and here’s to a new year !
Swarfer wrote:
hi guys I did a experiment on how much USA players have a massive advantage on EU players so i decided to test it out for myself , so i took a trip to America the land of the free lol and I packed away my Xbox and my netduma R1 , for those of you that know what a netduma is , its a router where you can ping servers, any way I was amazed when I finally got there I set my Xbox up and my netduma up and started running some h5 dubs and I was so shocked how crispy the game felt it was like a different game.

the game felt so much easier I decided to ping the server I was playing on, and I was always playing on this server over and over again, id say at least 9 out 10 games so I pinged the server and i was getting a beautiful 40-50 ping consistently every game which is a pleasure compared back in the uk.

so when I got back home to the uk I decided to do the same thing I did in the USA and you never guess what I was consistently connecting to the same server over in America but this time when I pinged the server I was getting a massive 150-200-180 ping 9 out of 10 games now this just don't seem fair in 2020 and I lost every game I played can you believe it lol obviously un playable for other players other than USA players and considering 343 took my money for the game when I purchased this its completely unfair and discriminates everyone except the USA player base. So guys in halo infinite has the same system as halo 5 you bet the EU players popularity will disappear very quickly and EU players and other worldly players wont hit there full potential in the game so my message to 343 is to make infinite server selection from launch date other wise your have another excuse for EU players not to play this game would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

many thanks Swarfer
Hey man I have to ask. What region were you in the US? If you check the East Coast server ping, it is consistently higher than the EU servers a grand majority of the time. Very weird and idk why, but it can be seen by typing in “Halo 5 server ping” and finding the site ping test live - Halo 5.

hi my friend I was in Naples Florida the ping to east US was 43ms consistently every game it was crisp compared back in UK I guess that's due to population I only ever got this server when I played there and I was put on a EU server once randomly when I was there it was 95 ping which was only once in a quick play match when I joined my friend in UK then he started complaining every game because he was getting shot through walls , then we tried a custom with him as leader and it still put us on a east US server which is mad considering my friend was party Leeder and from the UK we tried over and over again and not once did my friend get a EU server considering he was custom game Leeder I found this to be a shambles after trying ten times to pull it and not once we couldn't do it I was always getting the advantage every game which was good for me but a terrible experience for my friend i smashed him and his usually better than me back home so he now believes me about halo 5 outside of USA is a major disadvantage.
also I have another question for any 343 staff out there , why cant I connect to a EU server starting up my own custom game I don't understand it I'm the only one in the game I am forced to play on us servers only I don't get it someone must have the answer why. if I try forcing the EU server it just says UNABLE TO JOIN the request to join has timed out.is this a bug at moment all is it some update that's created this bug I'm sure the game can work out where I'm connecting from and should put me on a server closest to me as I'm on my own.
Swarfer wrote:
Swarfer wrote:

many thanks Swarfer

hi my friend I was in Naples Florida the ping to east US was 43ms consistently every game it was crisp compared back in UK I guess that's due to population I only ever got this server when I played there and I was put on a EU server once randomly when I was there it was 95 ping which was only once in a quick play match when I joined my friend in UK then he started complaining every game because he was getting shot through walls , then we tried a custom with him as leader and it still put us on a east US server which is mad considering my friend was party Leeder and from the UK we tried over and over again and not once did my friend get a EU server considering he was custom game Leeder I found this to be a shambles after trying ten times to pull it and not once we couldn't do it I was always getting the advantage every game which was good for me but a terrible experience for my friend i smashed him and his usually better than me back home so he now believes me about halo 5 outside of USA is a major disadvantage.
That makes sense. Florida has a good connection despite being technically “on the east coast”.
Swarfer wrote:

many thanks Swarfer
I like how you’re playing on a server that’s thousands of kilometers away.
I just keep matching with NA servers, started playing about a week ago after 2 years or something. I never had matches this bad, every match I have a lot of latency, people put in 5 shots while my 5th rarely comes out. Guess the servers aren't full enough on the EU side.
Thank you Swarfer for moving over to test that, even during pandemic. I am placed in middle europe, I know even worse how it fells to have that disadvantage.

However, the problem goes beyond the fact that we as europeans almost always end up on american servers.

What I experience is a significant up and down in what skill level of players I have to face in match making unless I am not actively work around that:

When I play a couple of matches on NA servers I usually end up with bad KD and match loses. Afterwards the "True skill" algorithm places me (as level 150+) in matches with newbies and rookies. The result is I play like a pro and beeing top 1 player with like 20-2 KD. The problem with that is that afterwards I end up again on NA servers with players with even skill levels or higher and then I lose a couple of matches more worse than before.

What I have learned from that is, as soon as I realize I got the ping AND skill advantage I have to force my self to not play for the steak dinner, which means I play not on full potential on purpose, just good enough to still win the match but not with KD exceeding 1-2. This prevents the match making algorithm afterwards to place me against higher ranked players.

EUs are not #cannon fodder, we are players too.
Swarfer wrote:

many thanks Swarfer
Finally, another British player with the same problem of farming lobbies for 32 matches straight.
Dude, I'm not sure if you know but the servers have been super bad on my end here in US recently.... Feel your pain... But more than likely the only ppl not lagging have gigafiber... I live with lag
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3