Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Hammer or Sword - Which do you pick?

OP AGNT X Valkrie

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 55
Personally, I'm all about the energy sword. I'll use Gravity Hammers, especially if I have a Grinder, but I love swords. Quick, nimble, deadly, and to the point, and that's not including the Prophets Bane. I'll use it in Super Fiesta (One does not Simply throw away a Prophets Bane in Super Fiesta) but in regularity, I'm more prone to pick up a Vorpal Talon than a Hammer.

What about you?
I prefer the sword
I prefer the sword but the hammer usually beats it upfront
I'd rather use a sword in multiplayer. In Firefight, I'll take a hammer.
I think Sword has slightly longer SS lunge range, so Sword.
Neither, I'm terrible at CQC. I forego all uses of both.
Sword for me in halo 5 but if it was previous halos hammer for sure
I prefer the sword because you can dash with it
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Neither, I'm terrible at CQC. I forego all uses of both.
Same, when it comes to WZ I never req sword, hammer, or shotty.
Vote sword 2020

Good morning sword gang, whats popping!
Sword or hammer..... I don't know I guess it's depends on how the game is going and what mood I am in. The sword is a more effective weapon IMO so in arena or in a game where my team is behind I am more likely to use the sword. But if I am just playing for fun the hammer as it is more satisfying to get kills with.
Sword gang and that Vorpal Talon is a beast!
Hammer beats Sword outright in 1v1 battles. I choose hammer every. Single. Time.
Well the hammer is fundamentally better than the sword, no argument. So I have to go with the hammer.
Sword for me, to this day i still like the plasma running through the sword, an effect you dont see in many video games
I'm leaning towards the sword based on my experiences in Castle Wars. If you've seen me in action, you know that I'll decimate whole groups on my own. So fun.
You need the swords lunge. Both are a one hit kill but the sword means you close the distance much faster. However a hammer is more likely to kill a sword wielder and has a small AoE.
Sword all the way. Though hammer in some where with less room is normally better.
Shotgun.
If no shotgun is available I take a sword.
hammer for firefight
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 55