Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Hammer or Sword - Which do you pick?

OP AGENT XX Val

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 55
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Hammer, it goes boom.
when hammer goes boom, boom goes you.
I did get a little overzealous several times out of frustration...ended in betrayals...lol. Always a good time, though.
The sword is more honorable. I prefer it.
Sword. More elegant for me.
I'm saying the hammer because the sword is faster but the range of the hammer is much better.
Both weapons have their own unique qualities, but the energy sword is just much more fun
It depends on the situation.
KyoshiBT wrote:
Sword. More elegant for me.
The sword is more honorable. I prefer it.
Elegant and honorable, it all depends on how you use it i supose. I use it elegantly, while i dishonarable use it to do sneak atacks. Its defenitly honarable in a dule, and compared to the brutes history and attitude with the hammer.

Side note, shame you cant block a sword with regular melee anymore.
To be honest, it seems the gravity hammer is much better than the energy sword. Don't get me wrong, I love the energy sword, but it feels like the gravity hammer in Halo: 5 will win in a fight nine times out of ten.
I would pick hammer because it can kill more enemies than once. It will also most likely win in a fight against a person with an energy sword.
Sword
I like the swords better because they are more precise than hammers.
I think Energy Sword is far better than Gravity Hammer. With Sword, you have a faster sprinting and a little boost to get closer to the enemy. Hammer is slow and not so effective if you don't get close enough.
of light
Absolutely the sword, that ADS to get that extra lunge always seems to take players by surprise.
I prefer the sword.
For H5 I'd have to go with the sword due to its range
Personally, I'm all about the energy sword. I'll use Gravity Hammers, especially if I have a Grinder, but I love swords. Quick, nimble, deadly, and to the point, and that's not including the Prophets Bane. I'll use it in Super Fiesta (One does not Simply throw away a Prophets Bane in Super Fiesta) but in regularity, I'm more prone to pick up a Vorpal Talon than a Hammer.

What about you?
lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 55