Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Hammer or Sword - Which do you pick?

OP AGNT Masquerade

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 55
Personally I prefer the Brutes over the Elites. In this case of course I will go for the Gravity Hammer, it's a weapon to make chaos! Even in battles vs Energy Sword I found the Gravity Hammer capable of "block? Most attacks of the Energy Sword.
I always loved the agile elites of the bungie era halo games. The newer elites from H4 and H5 are kind of more brutish and I want to see the old ones return.
The sword, doesn't have the range of the hammer but the lunge is what makes it better than the hammer.
The Energy Sword.
That said, the Gravity Hammer in Halo 3 is tons of fun.
hard because with sword you can lunge but someone with a hammer would probably win because in grifball most people will use gravity hammer against someone with a sword.
I like the sword because it reminds me of old school sword battles where you lunge, you die.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
You can get some serious range when you aim with the energy sword so that's why I prefer the energy sword over any melee weapon.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
I tend to go for the Hammer whenever possible.. I can get some good kills with the sword but I find the hammer to be the most effective for me personally.
God dang hammer all day bois
Got to go with the sword. Something elegant about sneaking up behind people and stabbing them in the back (literally).
Hammer all day
I always go for a sword unless an "upgraded" hammer is available
Master swordsman since reach!
I personally like both weapons for different tasks, I tend to not like to play favorites and this would be no exception.
Arcon Fury wrote:
Personally I prefer the Brutes over the Elites. In this case of course I will go for the Gravity Hammer, it's a weapon to make chaos! Even in battles vs Energy Sword I found the Gravity Hammer capable of "block? Most attacks of the Energy Sword.
I always loved the agile elites of the bungie era halo games. The newer elites from H4 and H5 are kind of more brutish and I want to see the old ones return.
If halo wars 2 is anything to go off of, I would say that we will be getting sleek and noble elites in the next halo game.
It would depend on the situation, if in close quarters Gravity Hammer, at longer distances I prefer the Energy Sword.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 55