Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Hammer or Sword - Which do you pick?

OP AGNT Masquerade

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 55
I will always choose a Sword 🤺!😆 The hammer is cool and all but makes to much noise and and sometimes it doesn'thit the target 🎯.
If it's a 1v1 melee battle, I'll go for the hammer unless you have overshield. Both give the user a 10% speed boost (I think) so I'll use it when I think it's optimal.
I prefer the sword. I could be wrong, but I think the sword has a higher lunge range. Lunging in general just seems to be easier with the sword. I'm not sure if I'm just really bad with the hammer or if there actually is a big difference.
It is a pretty hard choice!!! I never thought about this!!! While the sword is more effective, I have to go with the hammer. It has a classic feel, and can get the work done. You just have to know the right way the use it.
swords for all!
Sword, I'm more for stealth.
Hammer because I never get the lunge distance right on a sword. Failure with a hammer is at least a better show.
I'll favor sword over a hammer 9/10…
Spoiler:
Show
Hammer beats sword head to head unless you can trick the guy into swinging early
Sword. The hammer is the poor man's sword.
Hammer can wreck and can be a ton of fun to use. Also, even if it's more practical to use most of the time, I cannot chose it over the sword. I just love the sword so much. I always have, and always will.
"Anduril, Flame of the West, reforged from the Shards of Narsil!"
"The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army more deadlier than any that walks this earth. Put aside the ranger; become who you were born to be."

Or a hammer to the chest. hmm....between a lightweight, agile sword that cuts down almost everything and the smash of a hammer, this one is hard.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service.
Prefiero La Espada
Sword all the way. It’s probably one of the most iconic weapons in the halo universe, it’s also easier to use than the Grav Ham and it is easy to counter.
ITS ALL ABOUT THE HAMMER.... THE BAN HAMMER
I think I like sword better especially if I get a prophets bane but if I got a Tartarus gavel and a vorbal tallen well I would choose the obvious the gavel but I've gotta question I need the FOTUS helmet can you guys help me out
Hammer
Hammer, I have a personal hatred against sword lunges
Sword all day.
Depends on the situation I am in. Grifball, Hammer. Fiesta, The Gavel on Lesser skilled players and Prophets Bane on Skilled. If I had to choose from the basics, Sword for the speed boost in Fiesta. In Warzone, The Gavel if I got teammates to back me up and Prophets Bane if I am pushing solo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 55