Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Hammer or Sword - Which do you pick?

OP AGNT X Valkrie

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 55
Sword
Hammer if there's more than one enemies grouped up together. Energy swords if they spread out.
I have to go with the hammer, as with some timing, you can flip smaller ground vehicles with it if you hit the vehicle right. and while the sword can take out vehicles, the hammer is more effective at doing so.
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam. Oh the irony
Spoiler:
Show
Swords have more range and quite a bit of stopping power.
Stop spamming
This is a joke, right? You literally just spammed the hell out of the thread despite being told MULTIPLE TIMES not to.

spam
Zyreii wrote:
Swords have more range and quite a bit of stopping power.
I just hope the rock (Gravity Hammer) vs. scissors (Energy Sword) principle doesn't faze you in that regard.
Spoiler:
Show
well then ill only post like once every hour so i dont get banned from now on and thank u for making me relize my mistake
Too late

Back on topic now :)
In terms of total stats:
Gravity Hammer uses energy regardless of whether it kills or not. I believe that the Hammer uses 5% energy per swing. I'm not sure if the Hammer can be used to knock around physics objects to kill opponents effectively. Regardless, it'd probably be easier to just rush and kill.
Energy Sword, on the other hand, uses 10% energy per swing, but only if it kills a target (or hits an object, like a Warthog). It cannot be used to move physics objects (for a potential kill), compared to the Gravity Hammer.

Now, in terms of range. I don't know. Someone who knows how to test ranges should probably figure that out for me. I would think the Hammer would have slightly lower range compared to the Sword, but I'm not sure.
I think Hammer swings are also slightly faster than Sword swings, but again. I'm unsure.

Based on stats alone, I'd have to for Hammer, as I can get more potential uses out of it. It also seems pretty good for a "Keep away from me" stick, causing most opponents to think twice about a Spartan Charge.
I prefer the Hammer! :D
Tienes razon
(crouching silently behind a wall) *whispers to headset* “shhhhhhhhh” (waiting patiently) *hears footsteps approaching, disturbing the silence* (holding zoom) *sees opposing color step forward* SMASHHHHHHH *body flies across screen* *smile silently to myself, and sneaks back to corner*
Hammer
In a 1v1 between the two the hammer almost always wins as long as the person with the hammer isn't retarded. I prefer swords but in a sword vs hammer fight I prefer the hammer.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 55