Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Hammer or Sword - Which do you pick?

OP AGNT Masquerade

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 55
VERY tough for me. I prefer melee combat (even more so prior to Halo 5) and I think both are fantastic weapons. These days the hammer beats the sword lunge but I feel like you can't go wrong either way. The sword also has a lot less juice but superior movement speed. I think I still might go with the hammer. Its ability to trash anything it hits is what sells me on it. The sword can really damage vehicles as well but it needs to hit them directly and it can only attack one target at a time. It is so much more one dimensional.
"Anduril, Flame of the West, reforged from the Shards of Narsil!"
"The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army more deadlier than any that walks this earth. Put aside the ranger; become who you were born to be."

Or a hammer to the chest. hmm....between a lightweight, agile sword that cuts down almost everything and the smash of a hammer, this one is hard.
There may come a day when one chooses the hammer or the sword, but it is not this day.
I find both weapons very good tools for melee. Situational though. In Super Fiesta, I'll use whatever I'm given, & switch out if I find a better version, like an ultra rare or TG/PB. With the shorter radar, you have less time to react to incoming threats, so with both weapons, good movement & map knowledge are key.
I prefer the sword becuase of the lunge, and because of all the fun i had with swords in halo 3. The only time i use a hammer is in griff ball “not a big fan of the gravity hammer”
Energy swords are great in my opinion but i find myself swinging a hammer to save my life in slayer giving my favor to a shotgun no but swords are greaaat
Energy sword all the way it was here first!
I like it more with the sword but in the qualifiers it's noobs to use it
Hammer because you can get more kills with it if used correctly and it isn't a shiny grab me sign when it's on the ground.
sword for me
sword easily, the only hammer I would pick over any sword is the gavel. both the speed boost and the lunge come in very handy.
Martillo
Sword's more fun but if it comes to a sword V hammer fight, I highly suggest NOT risking it as even a swing can be blocked with the player slams their hammer
Definetely sword, it’s makes you so much more agile, you can also lunge at people from like 15 feet away. Hammers are pretty terrible except for tatraruses grovel IMO.
Energy sword all the way I like how it plays the lunge , the terror in your enemy or am I the only one who is afraid of being chased by someone with a energy sword sometimes
sword
Personally, I'm all about the energy sword. I'll use Gravity Hammers, especially if I have a Grinder, but I love swords. Quick, nimble, deadly, and to the point, and that's not including the Prophets Bane. I'll use it in Super Fiesta (One does not Simply throw away a Prophets Bane in Super Fiesta) but in regularity, I'm more prone to pick up a Vorpal Talon than a Hammer.

What about you?
All about the sword and love the perma-camo of prophets bane. Horses for courses though and if defending a bottleneck/base and getting swarmed the hammer can be more effective.

That said... castle wars is one of my favouite gametypes.
Energy Sword
i think the energy swords look pretty
Sword, only because the hammer doesn't have an infected variant.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 55