Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Hammer or Sword - Which do you pick?

OP AGNT Masquerade

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 55
I have to go with sword if sprint is enabled (one shot shoulder charge) that even if they manage to hit with a hammer (Grif ball) or another sword then they still die. Though if sprint and shoulder charge is disabled then I will switch back and forth.
hammer
I do like both weapons but it more or less depends on my situation that im in for example the sword has a slight speed boost as to the gravity hammer has wider range and generally beats the sword
AYEEEEE ets all about that grav hammer! :D
It's all about tha grav hammer!
You guys already know why

Unleash your inner Brute.
In almost any case I prefer the sword. However, that said case would be grifball which I prefer and almost exclusively use only the hammer. Don' get me wrong, in castle ctf I have no issues using the hammer if I get it, but it doesn' happen much there either.
in my opinion, it depends on the situation like a hammer can easily beat a sword
but im going to have to go with the sword
swing swoosh!
I usually go hammer. Lots of grifball, and my buddy who plays Siege says I'm a "fragger." Consistently have the most kills of the game with that big bugger.
Energy Sword is my favorite melee weapon.
Sword in war zone. Hammer in everything else. Brute like to smash.
HAMMMERRR!
Hammer all the way. Except Warzone NEVER use a melee weapon in Warzone unless it's a bayonet.
The sword, halo 2 sword specifically
Personally, I'm all about the energy sword. I'll use Gravity Hammers, especially if I have a Grinder, but I love swords. Quick, nimble, deadly, and to the point, and that's not including the Prophets Bane. I'll use it in Super Fiesta (One does not Simply throw away a Prophets Bane in Super Fiesta) but in regularity, I'm more prone to pick up a Vorpal Talon than a Hammer.

What about you?
depends on the situation, if fighting a massive group of weak AIs such as grunts or crawlers, then the hammer for sure, but if going against larger targets, such as spartans and elites, I go with the sword

EDIT: I cant believe that this post is still trending after 2 months, and that I'm on one of the first few pages :)
espadas
I prefer the sword
I cannot use the sword, because I am an idiot with no thumbs, yet I am fine with the hammer
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 55