Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Hammer or Sword - Which do you pick?

OP AGENT XX Val

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 46
  4. 47
  5. 48
  6. 49
  7. 50
  8. ...
  9. 55
I prefer the sword because if I see a group of people I can take them out with no problem but the hammer it’s just to slow
If it's between the standard sword and gravity hammer, i have to go with sword.

Out of all the reqs, i would go for the hammer. Tartarus gavel is so good for capturing bases in warzone. Prophets bane is nice though .
Depends on the situation....couple little grunts, jackals or a lone elite sword...one or two chief brutes and its hammer time.
griffball so i get both
Swords, All the way
Personally, I'm all about the energy sword. I'll use Gravity Hammers, especially if I have a Grinder, but I love swords. Quick, nimble, deadly, and to the point, and that's not including the Prophets Bane. I'll use it in Super Fiesta (One does not Simply throw away a Prophets Bane in Super Fiesta) but in regularity, I'm more prone to pick up a Vorpal Talon than a Hammer.

What about you?
Swords for life
Sword is still the best
Definitely a sword person but it depends. When it comes to griffball I'll always use a hammer against a hammer and a sword against a carrier. For other multiplayer vs spartans I'll use a sword and for firefight a hammer.
ai prefer the sword because yo ceen kill more easy
if It’s comparing basic energy sword vs basic gravity hammer, then I also always choose the sword, not because of any statistical advantage but just because I find I can use it more effectively than a gravity hammer. The legendary Tartarus Gavel hammer is awesome with its shockwave pulse and increased shield strength boost but I feel it pales in comparison to the Prophets Bane personally. Like all the other swords, the Propehts Bane is easy to wield and makes gameplay movement really flexible, especially with the awesome active camouflage ability built into the sword. As many people have already stated; ‘one does not simply discard or swap a prophets bane in super fiesta’.
These are just my opinions through my own gameplay experiences of both weapon variants. I also recognise that there are many fantastic players who are “stone dead killers” with a gravity hammer. I think you need slightly better reflex, anticipation and timing skill when it comes to using the gravity hammer instead of a sword.
Sword, always the sword.
its hard to decide because you have the devestating tartarus gavel or you have the steathlthy and fast prothets bane.... excuse my horrible spelling
Honestly the gravity hammer is my pick between these, I like both but the hammer can counter energy swords so...
This will be fun!!
I use swords, because I love the boost you get with higher ones, for example vorpal talon. I also find the boost run near the person youre attacking useful, as if you time it right you can easily get rid of someone with a gravity hammer. Hammers are good for a swarm, like loads of grunts and crawlers though.
prefiero la espada
For me it is easily the sword, not only am I most familiar with it from the times of ripping the flood to bits in Halo 2, but it just seems a but easier to wield on most people. The only downside is when used against someone with a hammer it usually loses.
The Hammer has always been a personal favorite seeing as it has some more uses than a sword, like boosting a jump.
I prefer sword
Both are good weapons. Both do good when fighting people. I think If you play halo 5 it depends on the variation you use and your play style. But I always enjoyed the sword more then the hammer in halo 3.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 46
  4. 47
  5. 48
  6. 49
  7. 50
  8. ...
  9. 55