Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Hammer or Sword - Which do you pick?

OP AGENT XX Val

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 48
  4. 49
  5. 50
  6. 51
  7. 52
  8. ...
  9. 55
Sword is way more fun
I'd probably choose both of them for this reason:

Grifball:

Gravity Hammer: Spreads damage to any players near it.
Energy Sword: Good for killing the player with the Grifball.
Both are good
i prefeer sword it has a longer range
I'd probably choose both of them for this reason:

Grifball:

Gravity Hammer: Spreads damage to any players near it.
Energy Sword: Good for killing the player with the Grifball.
Same here dude. I used to be in the AGLA then went to the GGL back during Reach so yes I most definitely agree with you. ✌
SWORD
I prefer the sword
The sword ! Definitely
i play both because they are equal in there own rights my logic hammers for head first charges sword is for ambushing your enemy
also the sword is more precision based and ranged the hammer is and aoe weapon (aoe-area of effect) so hammer is for groups sword for one to two players depends on sword type same for hammer
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Creo que el Mart... Espada.
i love the sword in all gamode's accept rift ball because the gravity hammer if you get hit a small bit by it you die instantly
It really depends on which game and variant of the sword/hammer. I would prefer the Vorpal Talon energy sword Because it gives you faster speed plus you can outmaneuver most people with out power ups.
The sword, an elegant weapon from a more civilized time
sword feels cooler to use, but definitely hammer
On this topic I think it depends on which Halo Game you’re playing. Personally for me, if I’m playing Halo 3, 2, or Reach I’m going to pick the sword. It’s because in those games I prefer a very precise melee weapon. Now Halo 5 puts it more in a gray area. Because the hammer and sword have different variants it’s harder to decide fully. But because I think the hammer has cooler variants I choose the hammer.
Hammer.
Sword
I most definitely go with the sword. Quick to the high ground then come from above with the slash from behind. It is fantastic to get the element of surprise, especially from above where the enemy doesn't seem to be thinking a sword would come from.
The Hammer, I absolutely LOVE it's assassination animation. The sword is an "Elegant weapon" and should be treated as such, the hammer is tungsten carbide on a stick with one job, to deliver enough blunt force trauma to knock a spartan off their feet.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 48
  4. 49
  5. 50
  6. 51
  7. 52
  8. ...
  9. 55