Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Hannibal mantis stomp not registering

OP JohnDang55

Sometimes it’s bugged where the hit does not register. Literally had a grunt right underneath and it took no damage. I believe the bug is due to stomp’s AOE is only in the y and x axis but not in the actual z axis, so if you are even elevate higher by 0.2 metres, the stomp will ‘miss’ them.

The cast action time is 0.66 times the total time and it does 1.5x damage of the regular stomp but is significantly worse due to its unreliability.
That kind of sucks that it only registers the x and y axis :/ I guess when making the game they thought it would always be used on a flat surface. Which wouldn't exactly make sense, because me personally, no matter what vehicle I have, I'm all over the place lol z axis is just as important!! 😂😂
I have noticed this with Mantises in general whenever I try and stomp on, say, a staircase. Nothing ever gets killed. It’s the one flaw for an otherwise incredible vehicle!
The z-axis not being used would definitely explain why I find the mantis stomp so unreliable. I generally just don't stomp anymore because I rarely ever got kills with it in WZ. I just try not to let anyone get that close.
DoubleSama wrote:
The z-axis not being used would definitely explain why I find the mantis stomp so unreliable. I generally just don't stomp anymore because I rarely ever got kills with it in WZ. I just try not to let anyone get that close.
It definitely works with other mantis’ where the stomp functions like an explosion. But the mantis stomp the actual EMP pulse is a flat expanding circle, 2D.