Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Hard To Tell Who's On My Team

OP Gabe Fishy

There has been more than a few times I've started shooting teammates that I mistake for enemies because they are too far away for their gamertag to appear and if light is shining onto them I can't tell what colour their armour is. It's even worse if they are wearing an armour set with the permanent white accents. My ideal fix would be for teammates gamertags to appear at any distance if they are in direct view.
(Should maybe also mention I'm colourblind)
I've noticed this sometimes with the tags, maybe if they were more bolder in tone.
Is this warzone or regular arena. Because on many occasions I have shot the ever living crap out of teammates in warzone, at one point even a rocket launcher, only to realize my mistake.
Gabe Fishy wrote:
There has been more than a few times I've started shooting teammates that I mistake for enemies because they are too far away for their gamertag to appear and if light is shining onto them I can't tell what colour their armour is. It's even worse if they are wearing an armour set with the permanent white accents. My ideal fix would be for teammates gamertags to appear at any distance if they are in direct view.
(Should maybe also mention I'm colourblind)
I am also colourblind and have the same problem. Also i find it hard to tell teammates from enemies on the radar
Why did they make it so you can only see teammates service tags from about a radars length away?
I have this issue as well - sometimes there seems to be a delay for the tags to appear? Maybe it's just my poor eyes lol But if it's the case that it takes a moment for the game to identify and display a friendlies tag sometimes, then maybe by default they could display a generic 'friendly' tag until the game can resolve it.
Should have the little red enemy marker above them.