Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Has someone received the Voices of War pack yet?

OP CT6282

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
Yea i don't think anyone has it yet but if i don't get it i wont be happy. I watched the whole thing from beginning to end, id better get something.
I am sure we are going to see a lot of threads in the coming days from people who didn't understand the concept of having their MS account linked with their XBL account that they viewed the HWC on Mixer. There were so many in chat that asked questions all weekend about this even though the instructions on how to get it were posted every few minutes in the chat, in the community update, announced throughout the weekend by Goldenboy.

I am not saying you did that, but following instructions seems to be difficult for so many.
everyone who tined into the stream will get it, BUT since there was so many it will take all week for everyone to get their packs
Chimera30 wrote:
CT6282 wrote:
Yeah, back then I watched the Championships and didn't receive the armor set but didn't really care at the time, now that it's the only armor that I don't have I kind of regret not contacting support.
Not that it will do anything for you, but the way people obtained the Challenger armor was that during that particular HCS, a special item was made available in the Xbox Store at some point during the day. Everyone watching was told to go to the Xbox Store to download Challenger for free. After the HCS ended, that item was removed from the store. At least, that's how I remember getting it. It wasn't given out as a code for a REQ pack, and I don't remember it showing up in my messages. I remember going to the Xbox Store and downloading it from there.
So I checked the installed section on my Xbox and I actually have that HCS pack downloaded so who knows why I don´t have the armor set, it´s been so long that I don´t remember exactly what happened. Anyways, thanks for bringing this up, I might look into this after all.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Yea i don't think anyone has it yet but if i don't get it i wont be happy. I watched the whole thing from beginning to end, id better get something.
I am sure we are going to see a lot of threads in the coming days from people who didn't understand the concept of having their MS account linked with their XBL account that they viewed the HWC on Mixer. There were so many in chat that asked questions all weekend about this even though the instructions on how to get it were posted every few minutes in the chat, in the community update, announced throughout the weekend by Goldenboy.

I am not saying you did that, but following instructions seems to be difficult for so many.
Like some were saying during the stream, Stickerboy has the patience of a saint, especially when people insisted about the codes for the VoW pack that didn't even exist.
DaxSeven09 wrote:

Yea definitely
CT6282 wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:

Like some were saying during the stream, Stickerboy has the patience of a saint, especially when people insisted about the codes for the VoW pack that didn't even exist.
Man, I feel terrible for him and the rest of the mods having to deal with the onslaught of trolls in the code thread, posting off topic chat, spamming codes and posting dead codes.
At least he took the time to police the thread
Delta5931 wrote:
CT6282 wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:

Man, I feel terrible for him and the rest of the mods having to deal with the onslaught of trolls in the code thread, posting off topic chat, spamming codes and posting dead codes.
Stckrboy is a community treasure.
i watched the last few minutes live because i was running late. does that mean i still get the pack or no?
i watched the last few minutes live because i was running late. does that mean i still get the pack or no?
none of us know what the time requirement was...
Delta5931 wrote:
Yeah, I feel like in the future the thread should just remain locked and a mod could update it when a code drops.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Yeah, I feel like in the future the thread should just remain locked and a mod could update it when a code drops.
I'm pretty sure Waypoint doesn't have this functionality, but if it could, just restrict commenting to ODST or higher, or even Marines or higher.

If you look at most accounts that broke the rules, 98% of the time they were recruits. Often enough you'd see that it's their only post on Waypoint.

If you restrict commenting to a certain rank, you'll cull out most of the rule-breaking on the spot, mods would have to do less policing, and codes can still be put in reliably quickly. Some of the Spartans have a little contest to try to be the first one to post the code anyway.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Waypoint doesn't have this functionality, but if it could, just restrict commenting to ODST or higher, or even Marines or higher.

If you look at most accounts that broke the rules, 98% of the time they were recruits. Often enough you'd see that it's their only post on Waypoint.

If you restrict commenting to a certain rank, you'll cull out most of the rule-breaking on the spot, mods would have to do less policing, and codes can still be put in reliably quickly. Some of the Spartans have a little contest to try to be the first one to post the code anyway.
This would help significantly, especially since there are those of us who are higher rank that post the codes (myself included)

This would help significantly, especially since there are those of us who are higher rank that post the codes (myself included)
I think this is a great idea, but I doubt this function is even possible. I don't think the mod only thread would work either. There are mods coming and going in the stream. Unless they decided amongst themselves who would do it and when.
I like that idea. The next big tournaments are a good ways away so maybe they could work on implementing that feature.
We're definitely going to look at how things could work in the future. Was a great idea when it started, but this weekend really showed its flaws
The quick solution I see, would be more mods working at it. With 7000 people in the stream, it still is overwhelming. I thought I saw stckrboy step back in frustration. You have great mental fortitude my man!
BadDogg55 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
CT6282 wrote:
Yeah, back then I watched the Championships and didn't receive the armor set but didn't really care at the time, now that it's the only armor that I don't have I kind of regret not contacting support.
Not that it will do anything for you, but the way people obtained the Challenger armor was that during that particular HCS, a special item was made available in the Xbox Store at some point during the day. Everyone watching was told to go to the Xbox Store to download Challenger for free. After the HCS ended, that item was removed from the store. At least, that's how I remember getting it. It wasn't given out as a code for a REQ pack, and I don't remember it showing up in my messages. I remember going to the Xbox Store and downloading it from there.
That's how I got it. 343 put a link to download it here on Waypoint.
Same here. How about some pizza while we wait for a week everyone. 🍕🍕🍕✌
As Mace Windu said:
Spoiler:
Show
But I'll be patient. Maybe give it a month. If I don't get it in that period of time, I'calling FB- clears throat because of over-used meme 343
The quick solution I see, would be more mods working at it. With 7000 people in the stream, it still is overwhelming. I thought I saw stckrboy step back in frustration. You have great mental fortitude my man!
I had to step out due to family stuff. This weekend was definitely the biggest stream I've worked on since I joined the team.
stckrboy wrote:
I had to step out due to family stuff. This weekend was definitely the biggest stream I've worked on since I joined the team.
For how long have you been part of the team?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12