Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Hate the campaign all you want

OP Lucky Th1rt3en

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Blue Team is a damn fine level that nails the feel I got from a lot of early BT fiction. Halo 6 needs a LOT more Blue Team.
That was a big complaint about H5 campaign......Not enough blue team!!!
The mission Blue Team is only good mission in the campaign.
Blue team is one of my favorites as well, next to swords of sanghelios, battle of sunaion, and guardians.
My favorite part of Blue Team was the backstory, the one where the scientists were testing a bio-weapon, but it went wrong, killing everyone on board, and the AI was forced to commit suicide. Accompanied with the dreary setting and dark atmosphere and that mission was pretty memorable for that alone.
Justima wrote:
Nah, the Sangheilios levels where.
I don't think anyone said that Blue team sucked. People just hated that there isn't any blue team in the game at all.
Yeah, that was a solid mission.
Justima wrote:
Nahhhhh...
SpitFlame wrote:
My favorite part of Blue Team was the backstory, the one where the scientists were testing a bio-weapon, but it went wrong, killing everyone on board, and the AI was forced to commit suicide. Accompanied with the dreary setting and dark atmosphere and that mission was pretty memorable for that alone.
The AI was past it's lifespan so it had to kill itself. Plus everyone was dead and he did what he could to quarantine the ship. Still a great backstory.
I love all Halo campaigns. Yes Halo 5 could have been better but I still thoroughly enjoyed it, Blue Team possibly being the best mission. That intro though... Love the contrast with Osiris's intro, brilliant bit of work that
I didn't really feel any connection with Blue Team which was probably due to their snippet backstories and lack of levels with them.
meh i liked most if not all campaign...but then again im a psychopath so my views tend to differ from..."normal" society
The campaign level design is phenomenal throughout, I feel. The story itself is what is "meh".
Halo 5 definitely has its moments. I'd argue it's a better campaign game play wise than Halo 4. That story though...
Blue Team was indeed a great mission. But the swords of Sanghelios was an awesome mission. There were a few great missions in H5. Sure most don't like the plot and the script was pretty bad but the missions themselves were pretty good. Just the recycled warden fights were the real problem with missions. Was it really necessary to have to fight the warden like 10 times or how ever many times it was?
The campaign level design is phenomenal throughout, I feel. The story itself is what is "meh".
I agree. In terms of gameplay, the only thing I felt was a bit missing were some big set-piece moments. We had the Kraken and the running-down-a-Guardian scene, but other than that not much. A good vehicle run or space combat mission (or anything to yank us away from the simple point and shoot) would have gone a long way.
The dialog is emotionless, stale, and mostly awkward exposition.
Yeah whenever I play the campaign I just play the missions with Blue Team in it and call it a day. Some parts of Sanghelios are alright too I guess.
Blue Team is a damn fine level that nails the feel I got from a lot of early BT fiction. Halo 6 needs a LOT more Blue Team.
Definitely my favorite mission. I like almost all of it but I think that the banshee section at the end is too easy. The Covenant AI really shines in this mission, and the weapons are placed in nice positions. That first hunter battle is probably one of the coolest parts of the campaign too.

Plot-wise I think it's undeniably the best. Cortana comes back, it introduces major plot points, and Blue Team destroys about half of the Covenant remnants.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2