Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Hate the campaign all you want

OP Lucky Th1rt3en

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I haven't played the campaign since the few few weeks that I had the game. To be honest I forgot what you do in the level Blue Team, but it does sound familiar.
The level design is awesome in Blue Team. That mission, along with the Sanghelios arc, were perfect. Better than most Halo missions in the franchise.

I get the feeling that if a story rewrite hadn't occurred, the whole game would feel like Blue Team.
The dialog is emotionless, stale, and mostly awkward exposition.
I found Fred's line about fighting Hunters incredibly awkward and out of place.

It was the only mission in Halo 5 to really give me a Halo kind of feel. Can't really describe it well.
Blue Team is a damn fine level that nails the feel I got from a lot of early BT fiction. Halo 6 needs a LOT more Blue Team.
I'm still gonna hate the campaign regardless of blue team being in it
I find blue teams Missions a lot more fun, why, cause we know them more.

Spoiler:
Show
You see, the main problem with the campaign is we get teased with awesomeness that lasts a few seconds or minutes, and it ends. It shows amazing potential at times (ahem sanghelios) and the potential of characters development for blue team with chief recovering from halo 4....but no.

Its not as black and white as saying "the campaign is bad" it's more the fact that the campaign had potential that 343 did not deliver on. I mean, imagine Halo 2, but without all the great information about covenant motivations and hierarchy, and without developing the reasons behind the schism. It would've sucked right? Well that's the problem with H5, it changes the narrative without telling us why. They show Cortana wanting to take the mantle for the "created" and what not, yet even to lore readers like myself it makes no sense? In terms of continuing on from H4.
I'm not following...

If you're saying the campaign is great because of one level, that's just silly.
I liked the story. There were some things left out but I like it. I just kinda hate Halo 5 a little because of multiplayer and its COD like style. I mean that is why I brought Halo over COD right?

Anyway, the thing that urks me with these newer Halo games is that they lack what 1-3 had. Massive open areas with vehicles and AI battling it out like on The Ark, The Covenant, AOTCR, Delta Halo, Metropolis etc.

...I also miss the marine interaction. I loved just staring at them in 2 and 3 and they'd say some pretty funny things. The campaigns just felt lifeless and so... Robotic/AI like. It lost its natural, real life touch.
Phaaze wrote:
I'm not following...

If you're saying the campaign is great because of one level, that's just silly.
I don't think he meant that the campaign was great, just that the campaign isn't entirely a massive steaming pile of -Yoink-.
Halo 6 also needs character developement! If a guy didn't read "The Fall of Reah" and plays Halo 5 to him they'll look like some random Locke/Vale/Tanaka... :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2