Hateful messages..

OP V6R32

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
I won't name and shame as I don't think we are allowed, but here's the story. Some people on Halo 5 disgust me.

Today I was playing a tough match of slayer during my placement matches. I was holding down a room with a power weapon, with another guy. It was a super tough match and because I knew we needed to keep control of the power weapon (i actually had both from killing an enemy and stealing it) I decided to pitch a tent and light a fire. I camped out killing anyone who tried to come for the weapons, and because of this tactic we managed to win the match, barely - whilst up until this move, we were losing.

Match finished so I went to spend some req's.

*Pop* message received. Some sour idiot had decided to send me an expletive laden and offensive message for 'camping'. Why should people have to put up with this? What's wrong with people these days to be so aggressive and hurtful towards others over a game? It disgusts me. Needless to say he/she got reported and blocked.

I remember back in the original XBL days people talked and had fun. There was none of this rubbish.
That really has never changed, people will rage when they lose. I personally am not a fan of camping but there are many ways to counter it so he should have done that. Any way ya just report and move on with your gaming life
Delete and move on, that's all you can do.
V6R32 wrote:
I won't name and shame as I don't think we are allowed, but here's the story. Some people on Halo 5 disgust me.

Today I was playing a tough match of slayer during my placement matches. I was holding down a room with a power weapon, with another guy. It was a super tough match and because I knew we needed to keep control of the power weapon (i actually had both from killing an enemy and stealing it) I decided to pitch a tent and light a fire. I camped out killing anyone who tried to come for the weapons, and because of this tactic we managed to win the match, barely - whilst up until this move, we were losing.

*Pop* message received. Some sour idiot had decided to send me an expletive laden and offensive message for 'camping'. Why should people have to put up with this? What's wrong with people these days to be so aggressive and hurtful towards others over a game? It disgusts me. Needless to say he/she got reported and blocked.

I remember back in the original XBL days people talked and had fun. There was none of this rubbish.
Quite a few competitive people get extra salty with a side of tears when they lose. When, in reality, it was their own fault and ignorance that probably causes you to win (on top of your skills in this regard)

It's a fair tactic, in actuality. People will bum rush for the power weapons and get really mad when they suddenly get picked off for pulling a Leroy Jenkins.

Don't let it get to you, OP. Xbox Live can be a hostile place these days.
I don't mind camping really, it's a tactic. But yeah, they were an idiot and I'll move on but it just infuriates me. People need to grow up.
yeah I have gotten a few hate messages since halo 5 came out. I accidentally shot my teammate with a sniper rifle, it didn't kill him it just dropped his shield and he regained it soon there after. but after that match he sent me a long hate message which I didn't report cause that would take time and he isn't worth it. But I don't understand why ppl feel the need to take the time out of there day in order to do things like send others hate messages. oh well haters gonna hate
V6R32 wrote:

I've gotten hateful messages on xbox live and even here on the forums. Just ignore them, all their immaturity does is tell you you're doing the right things. If that kind of player reduces to petty verbal/wrotten attacks it just shows them to be a resentful -Yoink- with the maturity of a 9 year old.
Come on now, was there really a time where people acted civil on XBL?
People have always done this, Its really disgusting how petty people can be.

There is a way to limit communications to people on your friends list only, in settings. You wont get any more salty messages unless you accept their friends request first.

Keep in mind if you do change your settings to limit comms, you will only be able to speak to friends list contacts. Everyone else will be muted always.

imo camping is a legit tactic, you outplayed them and since they had to send that message it proves it. :)
Call that person's mommy and ask her to take her childs XBox away for a week.
GFG Dusty wrote:
yeah I have gotten a few hate messages since halo 5 came out. I accidentally shot my teammate with a sniper rifle, it didn't kill him it just dropped his shield and he regained it soon there after. but after that match he sent me a long hate message which I didn't report cause that would take time and he isn't worth it. But I don't understand why ppl feel the need to take the time out of there day in order to do things like send others hate messages. oh well haters gonna hate
That's the thing what I suppose separates adults from idiots. I team killed a team mate on breakout. Totally accidental, miss pressed a button at the worst possible time and shoulder charged him in the back. I immediately messaged him and apologised, to which he replied "no problem dude :-)"

i had another encounter a week or so ago where a 'clan' decided to ground pound every round off the jump on breakout for no reason, killing me each time (I guess because I wasn't in their special clan). The one time I managed to thust away they shoulder charged me. Suffice to say, they all got kicked out of the game and I lost causing me to rank down. Some people.
I may just be a gadfly, but I like hateful messages. It lets me know when I really owned someone and got their goat. I usually just respond with "Thanks" or " :) , (v)(;,,;)(v) WOOP WOOP WOOP!".
Sometimes while running endlessly around a map I stop and think "Hey, if I just stand right here a minute some guy will pop right around that corner". Sure enough here they come. Of course you have to move on after a couple of kills or you're just asking for a grenade fest but it works sometimes.
"U mad, bruh?"
"Git gud, pleb."
"1v1 then, son."

Just a few of my usual responses to saltiness.
I'm sure he's just mad because you didn't bring marshmallows. Next time, BRING marshmallows!
I'm sure he's just mad because you didn't bring marshmallows. Next time, BRING marshmallows!
Not a fan of marshmallows. Hot dogs I can do.

His actual message was something along the lines of..

"you ******* total c*** *** camp more?"
V6R32 wrote:

Speaking as a camper, I would never leave home without a bag of marshmallows and other assorted s'more supplies. Also, angry messages let me know I am doing my job well.
V6R32 wrote:

Speaking as a camper, I would never leave home without a bag of marshmallows and other assorted s'more supplies. Also, angry messages let me know I am doing my job well.
Haha, if the enemy is pissed off your have done your job well!

The only message I ever send is when someone seriously fails badly and causes us to lose. "Go back to Mario Kid"
This has always been in halo. Hated Messages, trash talk, and the newly "invite to party to get trashed talked by more people than you"
Report him and move on.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13