2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 13
Camping doesn't exist in Halo 5, the game is too fast.

You can carry 6 nades, if you can't deal with a person/s holding an area with that, you probably shouldn't be playing Halo.

Also this is a PEEERRRRRRFECT time to use the Caster (if on map). Pro tip.
Hate is in a lot of people hope you don't let it stop you.
Honestly, and thankfully, has never happened to me
When people send you a angry message, it's a clear sign that you did really well in the last match.

I got one yesterday in Destiny after I wrecked the other team by going 18-6 as a Defender of all classes, the salt I got after that was delicious.
V6R32 wrote:
I don't mind camping really, it's a tactic.
Red vs. Blue says it best: "It's a legitimate strategy!" - some random blue dude.

I find campers slightly annoying to deal with. I am not, however, going to send them a long-winded, curse filled rant about it. I've got other matches to play.
V6R32 wrote:
I won't name and shame as I don't think we are allowed, but here's the story. Some people on Halo 5 disgust me.

Today I was playing a tough match of slayer during my placement matches. I was holding down a room with a power weapon, with another guy. It was a super tough match and because I knew we needed to keep control of the power weapon (i actually had both from killing an enemy and stealing it) I decided to pitch a tent and light a fire. I camped out killing anyone who tried to come for the weapons, and because of this tactic we managed to win the match, barely - whilst up until this move, we were losing.

Match finished so I went to spend some req's.

*Pop* message received. Some sour idiot had decided to send me an expletive laden and offensive message for 'camping'. Why should people have to put up with this? What's wrong with people these days to be so aggressive and hurtful towards others over a game? It disgusts me. Needless to say he/she got reported and blocked.

I remember back in the original XBL days people talked and had fun. There was none of this rubbish.
I hate to say it, but it's probably some 11 year old entitled -Yoink- of a kid, that gets what he wants by complaining. I just try to look at the good rather than the bad. Like when there is a guy being a -Yoink- online i could care less. They don't know who i am, so nothing they say could ever effect me. I just try to pay attention to the good people and give them my focus.
Only time I send hate is when my teammate kills me for a power weapon. Pisses me off to no end. Last time it happened I killed him back and for the duration of the entire match I made sure his shield was never full. He eventually killed me again and got kicked.
In halo its not camping. its called being tactical about how you play.
I remember back in the days of the first few weeks and months of the original Xbox Live on Halo 2, there would be nothing but good sportsmanship at the end of matches. I miss that. I miss when people would get on the mic just to say "good game, guys." It was a much better experience.
thats in every game dude! Its just the internet dont take it personal :) Just keep smiling
It's always been like that though.......
V6R32 wrote:
I won't name and shame as I don't think we are allowed, but here's the story. Some people on Halo 5 disgust me.

Today I was playing a tough match of slayer during my placement matches. I was holding down a room with a power weapon, with another guy. It was a super tough match and because I knew we needed to keep control of the power weapon (i actually had both from killing an enemy and stealing it) I decided to pitch a tent and light a fire. I camped out killing anyone who tried to come for the weapons, and because of this tactic we managed to win the match, barely - whilst up until this move, we were losing.

*Pop* message received. Some sour idiot had decided to send me an expletive laden and offensive message for 'camping'. Why should people have to put up with this? What's wrong with people these days to be so aggressive and hurtful towards others over a game? It disgusts me. Needless to say he/she got reported.
Now, I believe that your teammate probably teabagged them and they probably mistaked you as the person who did it
V6R32 wrote:

Match finished so I went to spend some req's.

*Pop* message received. Some sour idiot had decided to send me an expletive laden and offensive message for 'camping'. Why should people have to put up with this? What's wrong with people these days to be so aggressive and hurtful towards others over a game? It disgusts me. Needless to say he/she got reported and blocked.

I remember back in the original XBL days people talked and had fun. There was none of this rubbish.
People send hate messages in Halo for camping now? the -Yoink-. Halo has always been about camping power weapon spawns and map control. Forcing the enemy to spawn in a certain location etc. If you weren't Teabagging him then he's just a F uckwad
It's a shame really. Just make sure to report people like this so they don't become an even bigger problem for the community in the future. And your tactics to win were completely legitimate too, it's not like u were hacking or anything.
I feel your pain what bothers me the most is 1v1 messages and it's just annoying but you can only delete and move on
Both at fault.
Sure its a tactic to camp but it will always be looked down upon. But to make a public forum post about said player over it. As everyone so far has said, delete,report, move on.
You can send messages to people in Halo 5? When did this happen? All I see is random emblems, I don't even bother with names or really emblems.
Honestly "camping" is a term I associate with CoD, which I hate. It sounds negative, when in fact "camping" is a legitimate tactic in my opinion not all the time but in key situations it can turn the tide of battle. Especially with power weapons, I mean with most power weapons it seems rather sensible to stay back and provide some support or just stay back and be more careful than normal. I mean it is a power weapon you're wielding after all and you don't want to lose it, but even if someone has a position in lock down per say there are typically ways to counter it if you're clever in your approach. Anyways my point is don't worry about it man, I have had to report people loads of times for hate messages but in the end it usually means that you were the more dominant player to come out on top therefore they're the ones that get upset about it.
I Know! I Had a situation were I was playing FFA and I got message after I ranked 2nd and the guy in 3rd sent me a hate message and I just deleted it, but I do think 343 should put a word censorship or something to block that sort of stuff, I mean it's just a game for goodness sake, "you lost get over it!"
Ahh, I remember the older xbl community... It was beautiful and fun. People did rage, but never showed negativity towards other players unless they were ruining the fun
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 13