OP Lupinthrope

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
I doubt it's their reason, and it would be pretty stupid if it was. 343 is already pushing people towards Warzone by prioritizing it over Forge, BTB, more social playlists, etc. Besides, they still have to work on all the DLC maps. If PvE came, it'd probably take a while.
Can Halo 5 survive with just Warzone as the only PVE-ish game type though?

PVP is frustrating, one way or another it's frustrating, why do you think a majority of triple A games now a days always have a PVE gametype? So you can kick back and relax abit with friends
Halo has always been about PvP after campaign is beat......I think it can keep the trend going.
Except when it wasn't? lol

Halo:3 ODST (Just campaign and firefight)
Halo Reach, Firefight
Halo 4: Spartan Ops
Spartan ops was more like a second campaign where you play as someone other than Master Chief though.
So halo is to forever remain just PvP hardcore focused? No fun modes like blarghball? No PVE like firefight with prometheans and covenant?

Then i'm sad to say I don't want to be apart of this franchise, if the super competitive side is all 343i cares about.
Personally, I like warzone. I know it's not perfect but I enjoy my it nontheless. I would play both if they added PVE :)
Technically, campaign is PvE.
Halo Zombies??!!
;)
That would be so cool though =P
Halo Zombies??!!
;)
It would. But then COD fanboys would get mad.
steele330 wrote:
Not that many people played firefight or Spartan ops.
Companies do things for profit, and to get profit they have to please the largest percentile. Whilst I would love a pve only warzone variant or something, there isn't a market for it.
How do you know people don't grind the hell out of Firefight offline like me and my friends did?
Firefight or a PvE warzone would be amazing.
FL Crysis wrote:
I doubt it's their reason, and it would be pretty stupid if it was. 343 is already pushing people towards Warzone by prioritizing it over Forge, BTB, more social playlists, etc. Besides, they still have to work on all the DLC maps. If PvE came, it'd probably take a while.
PVP is frustrating, one way or another it's frustrating, why do you think a majority of triple A games now a days always have a PVE gametype? So you can kick back and relax abit with friends
Halo has always been about PvP after campaign is beat......I think it can keep the trend going.
Halo Reach, Firefight
H:CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 were and will always be the most popular Halo's in the series. These did not have a PVE component, besides the campaign. ODST was a spin off of H3 and I do not include it in the Halo 3 game. Reach's multiplayer was hated by many and I guess people really enjoyed Firefight, but I will never understand why (killing mindless AI, was not enjoyable to me at all). Spartan Ops was a complete failure, and was not enjoyed by many. Sure the side story of Spartan Ops was enjoyable, but the actual game play of Spartan Ops was terrible. Halo will be perfectly fine without a PVE mode.
It's 2015, and we are already spoiled by Reach's great Firefight, not to mention ODST..
WHAT?!?!?! It's 2015?!?!?!? When did that happen?

Well, when Reach becomes backwards compatible, you can enjoy Firefight again. Reach did not spoil the competitive players and neither did H4. Look how well those games turned out and lasted. It's nearly impossible to make all of your customers happy, but the path that was taken after H3, it was clear that something was not working and missing.So, 343 decided to shift back to the competitive style of Halo and see if this will fix the problems that the Halo franchise has been facing.
So halo is to forever remain just PvP hardcore focused? No fun modes like blarghball? No PVE like firefight with prometheans and covenant?

Then i'm sad to say I don't want to be apart of this franchise, if the super competitive side is all 343i cares about.
If halo wants to compete vs CoD, battlefield, and other AAA fps then yes, they need to stay on the ball competitive wise bit it doesn't mean they can't slowly add other features/elements to their game. Like I said, I'm not vs pve, but 343 is more focused on getting halo back to its competitive roots. Bungie had it established in h2 and added onto the future games (3 had forge, reach had bigger forge and customization, odst had firefight) knowing their foundation was in place. 343 still faces to much criticism for none of their games lasting and losing population. They need to focus on getting a stable game that will hold it up and then they can add onto their games with say a new firefight. There'd be little profit for 343 to make a firefight in h6 if half their multiplayer population ends up leaving as they lose support and $$. I'll say this and this is my opinion only, if halo ever loses its multiplayer and focuses more on pve elements, then that's the day halo is no longer halo. If I want pve there are other games I can do that on instead of halo. Halo already has a great pve anyways with campaign (sure its not firefight or spartan ops, but it dies the job for me) that is full of lore.

Final thing, I'm all for pve, not saying we shouldn't have it but if pve happens to effect PvP in ant way possible, I'm not a happy camper. I just don't think 343 can fully support a new "firefight" mode until they have the foundation to keep halo as a whole to have more longevity.
If PVE is presented then no one would want to play their main star attraction Warzone and all of its flaws.

They sunk alot of time into Warzone and get insulted by people just wanting PVE for all their hard work in warzone
I think they will add firefight back but in order for you to enjoy it like you did in reach you will need to pay for REQ packs. I think this will come once income drops from warzone.
steele330 wrote:
Not that many people played firefight or Spartan ops.
Companies do things for profit, and to get profit they have to please the largest percentile. Whilst I would love a pve only warzone variant or something, there isn't a market for it.
How do you know people don't grind the hell out of Firefight offline like me and my friends did?
Gaming in today's market is more focused on online play, hence lack of split screen, local play, ect.
Infection!
Customs games!
Look at Halo 3 343!
I believe they are trying to push Competitive play types and tossing out customization / custom games / PvE for that goal.
Accio Beer wrote:
That's not end-game PvE though.
SOLR wrote:
Honestly, you could be both right, and wrong. Who is to say that they aren't working on a firefight mode right now to surprise us with? They could use all of the ai and bosses they put hard work into another mode. It doesn't hurt the population of warzone. A 4 person firefight match won't ruin a thing. People love the scale of warzone, so it won't be going anywhere.
I completely agree, I would love to play some firefight, but then also play warzone. I just feel like they are trying to prioritize making the game better before adding in the major buggy stuff.
FL Crysis wrote:
FL Crysis wrote:
Halo Reach, Firefight
H:CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 were and will always be the most popular Halo's in the series. These did not have a PVE component, besides the campaign. ODST was a spin off of H3 and I do not include it in the Halo 3 game. Reach's multiplayer was hated by many and I guess people really enjoyed Firefight, but I will never understand why (killing mindless AI, was not enjoyable to me at all). Spartan Ops was a complete failure, and was not enjoyed by many. Sure the side story of Spartan Ops was enjoyable, but the actual game play of Spartan Ops was terrible. Halo will be perfectly fine without a PVE mode.
It's 2015, and we are already spoiled by Reach's great Firefight, not to mention ODST..
WHAT?!?!?! It's 2015?!?!?!? When did that happen?

Well, when Reach becomes backwards compatible, you can enjoy Firefight again. Reach did not spoil the competitive players and neither did H4. Look how well those games turned out and lasted. It's nearly impossible to make all of your customers happy, but the path that was taken after H3, it was clear that something was not working and missing.So, 343 decided to shift back to the competitive style of Halo and see if this will fix the problems that the Halo franchise has been facing.
Taking away Firefight did not help a single thing. All it did was piss off PvE fans and nothing more.
l Jinxed I wrote:
Halo Zombies??!!
;)
It would. But then COD fanboys would get mad.
They're called the flood...
I that Spartan Ops was an cool feature in Halo 4, but i that the mission was just the same over and over again. If only 343 would make som different maps, because i lost all intrest when it was the same map all of the time. But otherwise, keep up the good work 343!
Accio Beer wrote:
That's not end-game PvE though.
Did you beat the campaign legendary with all skulls turned on? Oh, you haven't done that yet, seems like you have some end game pve to work on.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9