Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Have you ever felt kinda bad for the Covenant or

OP LethalQ

Any of the enemies? Was just playing a heroic warzone firefight match on prospect and as I came out of the garage a squad of Covies spawned right in front of me. I threw a plasma grenade and stuck a jackal, which I do hate them by the way, but he shrieks out,"they got me" as the grenade blows up killing him and the surrounding grunts ..poor guy...hahaha... Then another time we here mowing down the hunters in the garage, we were down to the last one and we were just blasting away with our ARs and it was making the gurgling type noises like no I don't want to die...
Sucks to be on the wrong side of the fight.
I always felt a little regret when killing Elites because of how intelligent and capable they are. Imagine if they’d not been brainwashed and had been allied with humanity from the get-go. That would have been one hell of an alliance. But they are/were still the enemy and destroyed a ton of humans so no guilt as such. A similar feeling toward Hunters as well. Definitely did not feel great taking down Engineers. But otherwise, I don’t particularly feel bad for the other species.
Not really, no.

Just watch some clips of them slaughtering people in Halo Wars or Halo: Reach. Or better yet Kat's death in Halo: Reach. As Lord Hood said...

The enemies I feel bad for killing are Maines that were consumed by the Flood, but we're putting them out of their misery.
I feel bad for killing those poor Grunts all the time, even though Warzone Firefight is supposedly just a training simulation. I would make a terrible Spartan 😂
Those simulation enemies didn't do anything so maybe in that regard, but they are programmed to kill me so I don't feel bad.
You know... I never thought about this before. I mean... Think about it. According to the Halo story line the covenant were trying to escape the flood when they encountered mankind. Out of fear mankind and covenant started fighting each other. Spartans were initially designed to fight human factions that rebelled against peace but were called to action when the covenant started glassing planets. Eventually mankind did make some allies with certain, more reasonable, factions of the covenant empire. But the prophets spread herasy about mankind as being demonic (mostly because of the Spartans). So the covenant that we fight really are just brainwashed by the religious propaganda of the prophets. Doesn't help that we killed the prophets either because we basically just made martyrs of them. This only gave greater acceptance of the belief to the more zealous covenant that mankind was a demonic abomination that needed to be irradicated. Do I feel bad for killing them... In a way... I kinda do. But they are enemy... Brainwashed or not... Their agenda is to wipe out mankind and this Spartan can not allow such a cause, no matter how misguided, to be carried out.
I mostly felt bad for the grunts. They were forced into the war
I kinda feel a little bad for the grunts sometimes. They’re just the little grunts. They probably didn’t sign up for that. Someone just handed them a gun and told them to stand there. And then I came along and made them spew confetti.
Me thinks... people think too much :)
BxRAD R wrote:
Sucks to be on the wrong side of the fight.
New Response: I kind of miss being Sangheili in the previous Halo games to be honest with you, if Sangheili aren't added right away or later in the future of Halo Infinite, I will not be a happy person, because not having Sangheili be playable sounds really off for Halo and it looks awkward to be human 24/7 but that is my opinion please don't criticize me thank you!
#RemeberReach #NeverForget
I think this will answer your question. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rvTv8fehRY
In the past, I have often felt bad for the Grunts and the Elites through Halo: CE to 3. We know their sad stories; Grunts were by all rights, enslaved and pretty much the Jackals punching bags when it came to abuse. Elites were literally misguided and lied to. They lost thousands of brothers to a genocidal war they shouldn't have been a part of. The Elites were always about honor and respecting their enemy...and yet how often we saw them slaughtering civilians by the masses. Those are not honorable actions, killing those who can not fight back would most likely be considered disgraceful and intolerable among Sangheili kind, whether they be friend or foe. Or, you know, a defective mercenary Elite faction.

Hunters I always found cool and kinda felt bad for killing them.

Brutes? Pfftt, never felt bad for those jerks. Arrogant and ignorant is a bad combo, but the Brutes have both. (Seriously, even with proof given by the 'Holy Oracle' itself that the Halos were nothing more than massive killing machines, Tartarus and his Brutes chose to believe that everyone was lying to them. There's being naive and then there's being stupid. Don't even get me started on Decimus or Atriox in HW2.)

Jackals? Never felt bad for them for several reasons, but one glaring one comes to mind: Sniper Alley.

Drones? Hate'em.

Engineers (even though they're not TECHNICALLY Covenant)? Always felt bad for them, found them oddly adorable. In a weird...bubble gum snot and feathery kind of way...