Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Haven't Recieved Word of Mouth BR Skin Yet

OP xBx Austin xDx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So I participated in the MS Store Halo 5 Tournament that was being held at various locations around the country on 11/17/2017. You were meant to get a special BR Skin, but I haven't gotten it yet.

Has anyone gotten your Word of Mouth skin yet?
I think that skin is for the 2018 MS store tournaments
xBx Austin xDx - Dude are you in Austin, TX? Or your name is Austin? I'm in Austin, TX. Just wondering.
I think that skin is for the 2018 MS store tournaments
No, the article on the front page led to where you sign up for the Tournament. It was held 11/17, same day as the release of the Xbox One X.
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
xBx Austin xDx - Dude are you in Austin, TX? Or your name is Austin? I'm in Austin, TX. Just wondering.
Lol my name is Austin.
xBx Austin xDx I just looked up the livestream where the the new skins where announced. The MS store skin won’t be available till January. You would have to attend a tournament then to get it.
As far as I know there is only one MS store BR skin.
The video is on Halo’s twitch channel 50 min mark.
Quote:
Beginning in January, all participants in the 2018 Microsoft Store Halo 5 tournament series will receive an awesome new BR85 Battle Rifle skin, letting players show off their support of competitive Halo in-game for all to see. Participating in these MS Store tournaments is the only way to get this weapon skin, so you'll be part of a truly select group of passionate fans.
From the Overtime update overview page.

2018 tournaments only.
its for January 2018 LMAO
Das FPS wrote:
Very confusing since the "register today" link led to the sign up for the Tournament that was being held on 11/17 for the Xbox One X release.
Das FPS wrote:
Very confusing since the "register today" link led to the sign up for the Tournament that was being held on 11/17 for the Xbox One X release.
the MS br skin will be in events of January re watch the live streams and it will say exactly on what I have said previously
Das FPS wrote:
They were too lazy to give a link to something that probably isn't even set up yet.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Beacuse the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I'm still waiting for mine! I don't think it's even in the current build yet!
(Played on 1/29 - GSP, NJ)
You'll likely get it within the next few days if you only played in the store yesterday. Might take some time to pass the info over and get them awarded
stckrboy wrote:
You'll likely get it within the next few days if you only played in the store yesterday. Might take some time to pass the info over and get them awarded
Its been 2 weeks and i have not seen an update on the weapon skins. Any word on when theyll be distributed Stckrboy?
No idea sorry. Only details I know is that each MS store will pass a list of gamertags on to 343 to get them awarded. Not sure what the turn around on that is
Gotcha bud! Im sure it will take some time then. Ill keep up with my local store to see whats up. Until then, ill be rocking everything else i can get my hands on. Thanks!
stckrboy wrote:
No idea sorry. Only details I know is that each MS store will pass a list of gamertags on to 343 to get them awarded. Not sure what the turn around on that is
If I had to guess, the OP's gamertag may certainly be on the list for getting the Word of Mouth since they've participated at one of these store events recently. I assume they need to check the list to verify each gamertag before they can start shipping out the skins. We just don't know when they'll start doing so.
Just checked up - as of a few days ago the team were still waiting to get gamertags from all of the MS stores. Once that happens the packs will be organised and sent out to everyone, shouldn't be too much longer
Should by anytime now since the skin is in the current build.
(I'm assuming they're waiting until after March 4th/5th!)

**EDIT: Here's some screenshots I found!
  • http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/cornbreadman/screenshot/8366109
  • http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/cornbreadman/screenshot/8366105
I just received my Word Of Mouth pack just before the HaloWC 2018 Sydney Finals - Day 2.
Now for the eternal question; were those the only tournies you could get them in
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Beacuse the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2