Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Having issues with forge

OP diggity14

Recently my friend got Halo five, but it won't allow him to play forge. Every Time he tries to go to forge it tells him something about not having access to this content. And even if I am host it still won't play. If someone could help that would be fantastic so we can finally play forge.
Make sure his privacy settings are OK. For people to respond and take you more seriously, it's spelled "Forge"
Child account, more than likely. Family settings on child accounts can bar access to any user-made content.
Child account, more than likely. Family settings on child accounts can bar access to any user-made content.
That can't be it because he said it's on adult settings.
Make sure his privacy settings are OK. For people to respond and take you more seriously, it's spelled "Forge"
Yor right, my b
Does he have a Gold Account? If no, then no access to Forge.
Are you SERIOUS? It's not enough that you have to be connected to the internet all the time? They actually gated FORGE behind Gold too?

Am I the ONLY one who sees how greedy that is???
Are you SERIOUS? It's not enough that you have to be connected to the internet all the time? They actually gated FORGE behind Gold too?

If I'm not mistaken, yes you have to have Gold, something to do with access to the servers for "computing". Even if you have an internet connection. Its a terrible practice. Try contacting Xbox Live or Phil Spencer on Twitter. Employees generally don't respond here.

If I'm not mistaken, yes you have to have Gold, something to do with access to the servers for "computing". Even if you have an internet connection. Its a terrible practice. Try contacting Xbox Live or Phil Spencer on Twitter. Employees generally don't respond here.
I'm sorry, man. I give up. It's just too much **** for me to put up with. I'm not gonna pander to their stupid Twitter account just so they can ignore me and everyone else that cried out against all this nonsense. It's the Xbox One launch all over again. Except this time, it looks like we're not gonna get a happy ending.

I'm sorry, man. I give up. It's just too much **** for me to put up with. I'm not gonna pander to their stupid Twitter account just so they can ignore me and everyone else that cried out against all this nonsense. It's the Xbox One launch all over again. Except this time, it looks like we're not gonna get a happy ending.
Hey I get it. I don't really use Twitter, but they seem to operate there more than on their own site, plus its a great place for the pitch fork mentality movements from my observation.

I think its a culmination of things. Xbox One isn't as popular as PS4 this generation, so they probably factored in smaller consumer base and stripped off features and decided to nickle and dime what fan base they do have. This is just another thing to add to the pile.
Tom French said on Twitter that they are looking into a "local" forge mode that can be used offline. Not sure if that does anything for the Gold requirement though.

Yes; we all have jobs so it does not bother us as much