Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] HCS Pack

OP AshamanND

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This is a PSA about the HCS Req Packs. It seems like every time they become available in the store, there are a few threads that pop up asking what's in them, and if they are worth it.

The short answer is: Yes, but only if you haven't unlocked the specific items below.

If you have no idea what it is and are wondering if you should spend 80,000 RP on it, well you're doing a good first step by looking here/researching!

[EDIT] - The pack is now gone from the store - but I expect it will be back in November during the HCS finals in Atlanta. Start saving up your RP now!

What's in the pack:
It's always important to read the description:
"Purchase of the HCS Pack will unlock 5 special HCS visual customization items for use in Arena and Warzone! Subsequent purchases unlock 5 rare or better visual customization items if available."

So here is what is available to unlock:
  • 9 HCS weapons skins (AR, Pistol, BR, available in Blue, Red, and White types)
  • 1 HCS Emblem - (Purple rarity)
  • Althon Champion Armour (Gold rarity)
  • Athlon Champion Helmet (Gold rarity)
That means there are 12 items. So you'll have to open 3 packs to get them all.
(Best way to do this if you don't have the points is to grind out WZFF heroic or mythic this weekend, with RP boosts. Alternatively you can look to sell some of your req cards that you never use.)
[EDIT] - 343 is probably going to be giving away Platinum packs during the stream all weekend long - so be sure to watch for the codes, and enter them at halo.gg. There is usually a Waypoint thread that will list them as they pop up - codes last 5-10 mins before expiry. These are a great way to unlock your other reqs (or if you already have them all, get a ton of RP) [EDIT]

From what I remember, in you first pack you are guaranteed the emblem, armour and helmet - along with two weapon skins.
Your second pack will give you 5 HCS weapon skins, and the third pack will give you the last two skins, along with 3 other 'rare or better cosmetics'. (The third pack might give XP/RP boosts instead of additional cosmetics)

Challenger armour is not a part of this pack.

If you are a completionist, this pack is worth it.
If you don't really care about cosmetics and would rather spend your time/RP getting better weapons, or even buying packs to get XP boosts in order to grind to 152, this pack is not worth it for you.

Hopefully someone finds this helpful.
Please feel free to comment below to add any additional information, or something I'm incorrect about.
I really want the pack but its just too pricey, they really need to tone it down. 80000 is too much, something around 50000 would be more fair and not as tedious and boring to grind fair.
I really want the pack but its just too pricey, they really need to tone it down. 80000 is too much, something around 50000 would be more fair and not as tedious and boring to grind fair.
I hear ya.
But lots of their 'special packs' have been at least 80k, if not more!
At least this one gives you items that are unobtainable in any other way. Some of those packs like the reach pack, vehicle pack etc are even more pricey - and they only deliver items that are available in the regular req pool!

I think it's probably meant more for those who have unlocked everything else and are just sitting on RP.
Or for someone who really really wants them and is willing to do a little grind.
I think it's worth getting these items before they run off again. Hit up plenty of Heroic Warzone Firefight and you should be solid.
HaXoR73 wrote:
I think it's worth getting these items before they run off again. Hit up plenty of Heroic Warzone Firefight and you should be solid.
As i said, its super tedious.
Its not really much of a grind. Plus sell off ones you dont use or have stacks of. Sadly you stil can only sell one req at a time. Some items i have 100s of. And dont feel like spending a hour or so selling extras. There once was a extension that you could sell muilt on here. But was taken down.
But really wza or wz and use rp jackpots not to much time
Its not really much of a grind. Plus sell off ones you dont use or have stacks of. Sadly you stil can only sell one req at a time. Some items i have 100s of. And dont feel like spending a hour or so selling extras. There once was a extension that you could sell muilt on here. But was taken down.
But really wza or wz and use rp jackpots not to much time
There is a chrome plugin that lets you sell multiple at once.
Hopefully this link works for you.
Thank you.!!! Is that a new one?
Thank you.!!! Is that a new one?
That Chrome extension has been around for a few years now. It's a great tool.
You (maybe?) need more than 3 packs. I've opened 3 packs and am still missing:

- BR HCS Contender Blue
- Magnum HCS Contender Red
You (maybe?) need more than 3 packs. I've opened 3 packs and am still missing:

- BR HCS Contender Blue
- Magnum HCS Contender Red
something is wrong then.
in april of discussion as well, and the consensus was 3 packs.

I bought 3 and got them all.

very strange
Yeah but it's not really and issue for me; I think I got 3 legendaries and 2 HCS weapon skins. So I guess during the next HCS the pack will give me the missing 2 skins, if not I will contact the devs/support. :)
I bought 3 more after unlocking all the HCS stuff. It basically gives you everything an arena only player would want. Emblems, weapon skins, helmets, and armor. And all the items range from Ultra Rare to Legendary.
Good to know, thanks for this topic!!!
i saw the discussion , and i though do this discussion gives you this free hc req pack
Morgan Lux wrote:
i saw the discussion , and i though do this discussion gives you this free hc req pack
Unfortunately, there is no current way to get a free pack.

It might be possible to gift it to someone, if you have enough points (when it was available)?
But I think gifting of packs is only possible with packs you purchase with real money, or packs given to you by 343 specifically (the platinum packs we get during HCS broadcasts can be gifted).

Sorry to get your hopes up!

There is usually one 'special pack' available to purchase in the Req Store at any given time. Currently, it is the Classic Helmet Pack. I'm not sure if those helmets are available in the regular req pool or not.

Anyhow, the next time the HCS pack should be available is during the next tournament in Atlanta, as far as I know. And again, I recommend buying the HCS pack(s), as those items are ONLY available in the HCS pack.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Currently, the special pack available to buy is the Helmet Pack for 150,000.

I think 80K for the HCS pack is a pretty good deal.
AshamanND wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
Currently, the special pack available to buy is the Helmet Pack for 150,000.

I think 80K for the HCS pack is a pretty good deal.
It's still pain and suffering to grind for.
AshamanND wrote:
Morgan Lux wrote:
Unfortunately, there is no current way to get a free pack.

It might be possible to gift it to someone, if you have enough points (when it was available)?
But I think gifting of packs is only possible with packs you purchase with real money, or packs given to you by 343 specifically (the platinum packs we get during HCS broadcasts can be gifted).

Sorry to get your hopes up!

There is usually one 'special pack' available to purchase in the Req Store at any given time. Currently, it is the Classic Helmet Pack. I'm not sure if those helmets are available in the regular req pool or not.

Anyhow, the next time the HCS pack should be available is during the next tournament in Atlanta, as far as I know. And again, I recommend buying the HCS pack(s), as those items are ONLY available in the HCS pack.
but its probably 25 percent chance that i get those items and im not risking to waste money on something that is a 25% chance its just not worth it
Quick update: The 4th HCS pack gave me the missing two skins (HCS Contender Blue BR and HCS Contender Red Magnum) + some other ultra rare-legendary stuff.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2