Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

HCS team packs?

OP DaKrustyMango

I was wondering since there is going to be no more halo 5 events, will they bring the team packs back? I know they have add ons of certain teams in the store but I’m talking about the ones that are not like optic gaming. If they bring them back, I will be happy.
Unless Optic Gaming start another Halo team, they probably won't be coming back
I was wondering since there is going to be no more halo 5 events, will they bring the team packs back? I know they have add ons of certain teams in the store but I’m talking about the ones that are not like optic gaming. If they bring them back, I will be happy.
Skin Packs You can still buy all past Team skin packs (except Optic Gaming) but, you have to know their exact name when you search.
Skin Packs You can still buy all past Team skin packs (except Optic Gaming) but, you have to know their exact name when you search.
The teams that were in halo 5 were as follows

So your post is a bit misleading

Team Optic Gamingx
Team Liquid#
Team Allegiancex
Team Counter Logic Gamingx
Team Splyce#
Team Luminosity#
Team Evil Geniuses#
Team STR8 Rippin#
Team Envyus

The pound symbol is still obtainable on the store
The X's are no longer obtainable

I think the OP is talking about the discontinued teams such as Team Optic, Counter Logic, and Allegiance,

Allegiance and Counter Logic Were teams that disbanded so if you didn't obtain there skin packs when they were a team there is no way to obtain them now. So its basically locked content in a game you own that you can't gain access to if you think long and hard about it. Counter Logic still exists just not in halo. I don't know the wereabouts of Allegiance.

Optic Gaming disbanded and reformed if i remember correctly since they were in the H3 tournament so that skin pack should be put back on the store since there still in the halo universe.

This is the official page waypoint page of pro NA teams listed below and Optic is clearly on the list the and the same goes for team Envyus so those skin packs should be put back on the store as well if there not already on there.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/esports/teams
There will still be MCC events with sponsored teams with one actually coming up next week so I think they'll bring out the team REQ packs in H5 as a way of cross promotion. The regular HCS packs might also randomly come back if they want to sell them.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
There will still be MCC events with sponsored teams with one actually coming up next week so I think they'll bring out the team REQ packs in H5 as a way of cross promotion. The regular HCS packs might also randomly come back if they want to sell them.
Do you have a link or source to the information that talks about this?
For the tournament info, it's linked here. The other stuff about the packs is just my speculation.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
For the tournament info, it's linked here. The other stuff about the packs is just my speculation.
Ahh okay that tournament, but i was more curious about the req packs but i can see you said that its your speculation on them.

Team Optic Gamingx
Team Liquid#
Team Allegiancex
Team Splyce#
Team Luminosity#
Team Evil Geniuses#
Team STR8 Rippin#
Team Envyus

I think the OP is talking about the discontinued teams such as Team Optic, Counter Logic, and Allegiance,

Allegiance and Counter Logic Were teams that disbanded so if you didn't obtain there skin packs when they were a team there is no way to obtain them now. So its basically locked content in a game you own that you can't gain access to if you think long and hard about it. Counter Logic still exists just not in halo. I don't know the wereabouts of Allegiance.

Optic Gaming disbanded and reformed if i remember correctly since they were in the H3 tournament so that skin pack should be put back on the store since there still in the halo universe.

This is the official page waypoint page of pro NA teams listed below and Optic is clearly on the list the and the same goes for team Envyus so those skin packs should be put back on the store as well if there not already on there.

What about the Evil Geniuses? I got their pack in the store and I’m pretty sure they disbanded their halo team.

Team Optic Gamingx
Team Liquid#
Team Allegiancex
Team Splyce#
Team Luminosity#
Team Evil Geniuses#
Team STR8 Rippin#
Team Envyus

What about the Evil Geniuses? I got their pack in the store and I’m pretty sure they disbanded their halo team.
I listed them on the list i'm pretty sure there still involved in halo just but under a different name now after the previous disbandment.
I listed them on the list i'm pretty sure there still involved in halo just but under a different name now after the previous disbandment.
I think it's just a case of 343 not removing them yet. EG and a few others aren't involved in Halo anymore, but you can still buy their packs.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I think it's just a case of 343 not removing them yet. EG and a few others aren't involved in Halo anymore, but you can still buy their packs.
Then that would be Microsoft then not 343s. 343 made the skins, Microsoft publishes them and allows those skins to be purchased.

Better question why remove them when you can still make a profit off them? Doesn't really make much sense there does it. Even with a contract if thats something that is in play here there are still ways of negotiating in this world.
Then that would be Microsoft then not 343s. 343 made the skins, Microsoft publishes them and allows those skins to be purchased.

Better question why remove them when you can still make a profit off them? Doesn't really make much sense there does it.
343 would most likely have to tell MS to remove them since it's highly doubtful MS knows the details of teams in Halo. Whether they did or not is not known.

Likely has to do with their contracts with the team organizations and how they were written. Could be that some can only be sold if the org is in Halo while others don't have that or maybe 343 can do what they want once an org leaves. We'll obviously never know the reasoning for it.