OP Spartan2991

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I play in parties alone because of Kinects. I don't need to hear any player's annoying kids, my son is loud enough.
BBT2014 wrote:
I love the replies "Its just Xbox live trash talk"...

Like people shouldn't have respect for fellow human beings just because its online in a videogame....

Welcome to the internet.
The fact of the matter is, you're allowed to be offended. This applies to everything in life. You choose to be offended or not to be. Its quite simple.
BBT2014 wrote:
Some people take games way too seriously

Imo as far as communities go Halo is in the top 3 for that amount of people like that I've ran into...

League of Legends is #1

CoD is #2

Halo is #3
people take league of legends seriously? LOL! get it ;)
People at my work are obsessed with League Of Legends, and I just don't see why.
Accio Beer wrote:
People at my work are obsessed with League Of Legends, and I just don't see why.
cos dey no have de xbox. Dey desperate not to show de jellyness! My ps4nerd friend was so stumped by halo 5 (his fav game is destiny) that he claimed "at least destiny has a better story. " what story my friend
If by "story" he means broken paragraphs to page through on the game's website, then absolutely. I prefer my story to be featured prominently in game, however. Maybe I'm just weird like that.
I'm a younger guy recently diagnosed with leukemia. I understand people talk trash and most of the time don't mean it but it's still wrong.

im just grateful I have halo to help me cope and that I can still play at a high level with 1 eye working right now!
Everyone saying, "Just mute them", is missing the most important part of this scenario. It is not whether or not we should have thicker skin and not be offended. It is the fact that this guy was only heard to be trash talking at the end of the match. When, we are unable to see who is talking at all. This was NOT the case in any of the previous Halo's.

We need to try and focus on, and ask for a change with that. That way we could mute them, and/or report them. 343i was able to fix it in game now they need to fix it in lobby as well.
Some people just don't get when jokes go too far.
Just ignore them. Don't react and they'll stop.
BBT2014 wrote:
Some people take games way too seriously

Imo as far as communities go Halo is in the top 3 for that amount of people like that I've ran into...

League of Legends is #1

CoD is #2

Halo is #3
Oh yeah League of Legends is by far one of the worst communities in the world. Nothing even comparable.
the problem with trash talk is it's so hard to find and mute offenders in pre-game lobbies...have had to listen to so many offensive/racist tirades

the UI blows so much
A lot of games are like that unfortunately.
5I just mute people that annoy me, job done.
As others have said, just mute that person.
Should we start a witch hunt* against this type of player? Let's make them leave Halo alone.
Spoiler:
Show
Meh, no racial epithets? Weak.
5I just mute people that annoy me, job done.
easy enough to do in game, but it's a pain in the butt in lobbies because of the dreadful UI
I never understand what anyone's problem is. It is a game. I have never understood how talking bad about someone else can make someone happy. Just recently on Reach had a guy telling me I sounded like a two year old. Then he asked how hot I was and then proceeded to tell me I couldn't be very hot because I just sit in front of the xbox all day. I have no clue what playing xbox has to do with my physical appearance but oh well. He also told us to get better and to just quit and get off and how much we suck. Guess who lost? It wasn't us... So yeah he was still trying to trash talk after the match and I'm just shaking my head.

I especially don't understand when you lose or do bad and someone on the other team has to tell you, you suck and to quit. They won because they are better than me, so why are they upset? Did they really want to lose that bad? That doesn't even begin to make sense to me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5