Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Head to Head Released

OP JB Linken

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
ranking up is broken if u can only vs unranked people. 18 wins in a row and i didn't even go up half a rank absolute Bull
ranking up is broken if u can only vs unranked people. 18 wins in a row and i didn't even go up half a rank absolute Bull
Once more people are placed that should resolve itself.
There may be a bug with the Sense Power-Up.

I am going to bookmark the film and verify, but I think when I got it in the game I just played it lasted well over 20 seconds. Potentially indefinitely.

Edit: I just reviewed the film. There's definitely a bug. I pick up the Sense Power-Up at 2:28 of round 2. I get killed and respawn with it. At 2:07 I still have my Motion Detector (it is only supposed to last 20 seconds). I have the Motion Detector until the game ends at 0:35. I did pick up the new Sense Power-Up at 0:51.

I do not know if it is supposed to persist through death.

Here is the game/film for any 343i employees to review the bug.

Edit 2: This did not occur in my next game.
Uuv wrote:
I'm excited to try out this playlist but nervous as well. I managed to climb up to level 50 when it was a ranked playlist back in Halo 3 but that was years ago and Halo 5 is a much different game. We'll see how things ago I suppose.
Take it with a grain of salt. I was heavily involved with ranked Halo 5 up until mid last year, and I tried hopping into head to head after a very long break.

Needless to say, I got my teeth kicked in badly. Matches felt like somebody held the back of my head and made me eat sand. Completely understandable if you don't do super great going straight in. Still a really fun playlist if you need to scratch that competitive itch without the team stomp.
I actually played the Head to Head playlist this weekend. I went 10-0 and received a Platinum 6 Rank. It wasn't easy, by any means. The games were intense and really got the blood flowing. It felt really good playing 1v1 in brand new maps. Replacing power-ups with a radar was a great idea. Its a playlist I certainly enjoy playing but I can already tell, the population is very small. I played against two of the same players within that 10 games.
adding the Icon above the head would be ok for players getting one kill and hiding.
Anyone want to challenge me? 👀
Unyshek wrote:
Anyone want to challenge me? 👀
I’ll take you on! 😎
I had a blast doing my placement matches! I even matched higher than i though. Got diamond 1. Seeing as i nowhere near as active in halo mm like i used to.

Though i have to say my favorite partabut so far has been i beat some kid and he immediately messaged me to 1v1 him, even though that's specifically what we just did
This playlist is basically a hide and seek simulator don't get me wrong and why there is other weapons than magnum?thats so lame bra
I had a blast doing my placement matches! I even matched higher than i though. Got diamond 1. Seeing as i nowhere near as active in halo mm like i used to.

Though i have to say my favorite partabut so far has been i beat some kid and he immediately messaged me to 1v1 him, even though that's specifically what we just did
That’s pretty funny. I look forward to getting that message someday.

My favorite part is when my opponent has the lead in the round and starts hiding, not realizing I have more overall kills and will win the game. I’ve heard some pretty funny things in the post game chat when they’re surprised they lost.

Heyhou117 in my experience when the other person starts hiding they’re just handing me the win.
Absolutely love the new playlist. Maps are simple and game play is actually fair as far as 1v1 goes. Only thing I wish could be done is challenging another player to a 1v1 battle. Every now and again I get someone that sends a nasty messages after a loss in team matchup. They look at who killed them the most and send accusations of singling them out. Would love to send an invite for a 1v1 matchup to see who truly is the better player
Absolutely love the new playlist. Maps are simple and game play is actually fair as far as 1v1 goes. Only thing I wish could be done is challenging another player to a 1v1 battle. Every now and again I get someone that sends a nasty messages after a loss in team matchup. They look at who killed them the most and send accusations of singling them out. Would love to send an invite for a 1v1 matchup to see who truly is the better player
I think that would lead to boosting as it’s a ranked playlist. If you need to settle the score with the proverbial 1v1, there’s always custom games!
I'm not playing it, I'm afraid of my K/D imploding. Except I am playing it, damn.
I'm not playing it, I'm afraid of my K/D imploding.
I've had a few games where I didn't die once, or I died only once. So if K/D is your focus you can get a 10.0 K/D here probably more easily than other playlists where multiple people are trying to kill you.
JB Linken wrote:
I've had a few games where I didn't die once, or I died only once. So if K/D is your focus you can get a 10.0 K/D here probably more easily than other playlists where multiple people are trying to kill you.
Yeah, I'm charging my controller, then I'm going to try it out.
JB Linken wrote:
Yeah, I'm charging my controller, then I'm going to try it out.
Good luck and have fun! Make sure you read how the game mode works here, if you haven't already yet.

It's not as simple as just winning the rounds. You could win 2 out of the 3 rounds (rounds 1 and 3) and still lose if you had fewer kills than your opponent.
This is a solid playlist. The only critique I would have is the ranking system. It takes so much to rank up. I’ve played close to 200 games with 90% win percentage and I’m only D2.. Ive beat other Diamonds too along the way. It’s fun though.
This is a solid playlist. The only critique I would have is the ranking system. It takes so much to rank up. I’ve played close to 200 games with 90% win percentage and I’m only D2.. Ive beat other Diamonds too along the way. It’s fun though.
That’s impressive! I’m no where near close to that, but I don’t think I’ve run into an Onyx. Could just be I’ve played too few games. (I was placed into and am still Diamond 1)
I got owned in one of my early placement matches, only to come back and beat the same person 10 to 1 in a later match. I loved the new maps. I would love to see more special effects tho, like thunder or something. Ranked in plat 3. There should be more XP per game.
I got owned in one of my early placement matches, only to come back and beat the same person 10 to 1 in a later match. I loved the new maps. I would love to see more special effects tho, like thunder or something. Ranked in plat 3. There should be more XP per game.
I believe XP is similarly tied to time spent in a match like Halo: Reach (sans Featured Playlists which award more.)

I could be wrong though. I do know WZFF and Infection have been the best XP gainers for awhile now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3