Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

headshots with sniper don't work anymore?

OP CRIMSON WOLF753

Just played warzone assault on summit. I headshotted the same enemy two times in a span of 15-30 seconds (yes, i know shields would have recharged in that time, i wrote the time span to say that his shields were fully charged the second shot) and neither shot killed him nor did the shots bring his shields down completely(they went down about 80 percent each time). He didn't have overshield. Armor mod? Glitch? Tampering? What happened? I have the clip from my point of view and his/hers to prove it.
Just played warzone assault on summit. I headshotted the same enemy two times in a span of 15-30 seconds and neither shot killed him nor did the shots bring his shields down. Armor mod? Glitch? Tampering? What happened? I have the clip from my point of view and his/hers to prove it.
Armor mod that increase shield strength (I forgot what it was called)
Chipmmunk wrote:
Just played warzone assault on summit. I headshotted the same enemy two times in a span of 15-30 seconds and neither shot killed him nor did the shots bring his shields down. Armor mod? Glitch? Tampering? What happened? I have the clip from my point of view and his/hers to prove it.
Armor mod that increase shield strength (I forgot what it was called)
Upgraded Shields
Yeah, it was either the upgraded with overshield, or it was some kind of lag. Were his movement visibly lag? It'd be nice to see the clip.
Yeah, it was either the upgraded with overshield, or it was some kind of lag. Were his movement visibly lag? It'd be nice to see the clip.
No lag, hit markers and head snaps back on both shots, also on his point of view he loses 80 percent health. Would any of the upgraded snipers kill an enemy with this armor mod on?
No lag, hit markers and head snaps back on both shots, also on his point of view he loses 80 percent health. Would any of the upgraded snipers kill an enemy with this armor mod on?
It's the upgraded shields armour mod, you can survive a sniper head shot with it on. His shields were recharged by the time you got the second headshot. And Nornfang, the mythic sniper rifle can kill upgraded shields with one head shot, I think Kriths Left Hand can also if all three bursts hit them.
It's the upgraded shields armour mod, you can survive a sniper head shot with it on. His shields were recharged by the time you got the second headshot.
Yes this. You can take a direct headshot with that shield mod and survived. It's saved me so many times, it's actually quite hilarious to use, seeing the sniper spam shots in panic.
I just got out of a game where we were getting spawn killed. I had upgraded shields and would walk out and dance until he shot, thrust to cover and repeat. I must have made him waste every darn bullet he had and never died just spining and humpin' the air.
Skill.

No longer relevant.

Is the only conclusion I managed to come to after reading this topic.
Skill.

No longer relevant.

Or you waste the chance of using one of the better armor mods (Upgraded Thrusters, Speed Boost, Increased Strength, etc.) in order to make sure you don't get sniped. It's pretty useful on Noctus.

But its really a one-trick pony. A perfect kill with any precision weapon on an Upgraded Shields player will kill them in the same amount of shots. Sniper Headshots are the only thing that is really changed.
AvaPIaya wrote:
Skill.

No longer relevant.

Or you waste the chance of using one of the better armor mods (Upgraded Thrusters, Speed Boost, Increased Strength, etc.) in order to make sure you don't get sniped. It's pretty useful on Noctus.

But its really a one-trick pony. A perfect kill with any precision weapon on an Upgraded Shields player will kill them in the same amount of shots. Sniper Headshots are the only thing that is really changed.
Upgraded Pelvic Thrusters for days.
Just played warzone assault on summit. I headshotted the same enemy two times in a span of 15-30 seconds and neither shot killed him nor did the shots bring his shields down completely(they went down about 80 percent). He didn't have overshield. Armor mod? Glitch? Tampering? What happened? I have the clip from my point of view and his/hers to prove it.
15-30 second span? thats practically enough time to regen shields. depends on the time span between the shots.

also armor mod.