Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Heatmaps for Halo xbox one

OP iNocturne

I think it was an intressting thing on Halo3 is it possible that it can be done with the new Halo ?
I really miss heat maps from Halo 3 and Reach. They were one of my favourite online features of the game.
Sure. I don't see why it can't?
ummm... kindly remind me what heatmaps are?
Quote:
ummm... kindly remind me what heatmaps are?
A heatmap records where people die most often on any given map. Bungie used to have these on their site for all available maps.

For example here is a heatmap of snowbound.
Just wondering what's the point in them considering you quickly learn where most of the action is just from playing?
Quote:
Just wondering what's the point in them considering you quickly learn where most of the action is just from playing?
You can quickly see were most of the people are during a match and it is a intressting feautre
Quote:
I always found it interesting to compare my personal heatmaps to other's, as tendencies can differ greatly between players. Heat maps can also be used to pinpoint areas of tactical interest, such as good sniping spots.
Quote:
Quote:
I always found it interesting to compare my personal heatmaps to other's, as tendencies can differ greatly between players. Heat maps can also be used to pinpoint areas of tactical interest, such as good sniping spots.
I agree that is also why i want this back.
heatmaps help campers strategically pick better camp points, but they do show pretty colors so i guess if 343 has a minute or two it couldn't hurt
i enjoyed them, though they never told me much more that I already didn't know. Still, they could make for some nice post-game analysis.
are there now any heatmaps?
It would be cool to see them in game as part of a post game carnage report, but judging by the lack of info on the current report in game I doubt that would be a thing until later halos.
Heatmap and the overview of maps with power weapon locations are instrumental in improving your game. They allow players of all skill levels to further their understanding of map layouts, heavily frequented areas, dead zones, and most importantly power positions. During Halo 3 heatmaps help me to greatly improve my game and it is a shame that they are not in Halo 5. I would love to see them for halo 5.
With the Halo 5 API, heatmaps can definitely be made because the API provides info on the location of the of the kill and location of death. The challenge is placing the locations on a map correctly.
Heatmaps are 100% possible in Halo 5. 343i used heatmaps to "fix" the shading on certain maps. There was one post that talked about an extremely high amount of Red players getting kills from a certain area on Empire, and when they found that area in-game, it turns out the wall behind it was painted red and the Red players were probably close to invisible.

Whether or not 343i can figure out how to actually put heatmaps onto their crappy service they call "Service Records", I will never know. But it's 100% possible.

And for those asking why they are needed...they aren't. But if they are possible, it's a fun exercise to see where you specifically get most of your kill, or where you die most of the time. I remember in Halo 3, I got most of my kills on the Sniper Pits in The Pit, and died most often in and around Sword Room. I snipe a lot, so this doesn't surprise me, and I usually don't go for sword, meaning someone else could easily kill me with it in close quarters. Just interesting to me.
please put heat maps, maybe even some videos about strategic advatages of areas in maps
I always liked the heat maps from previous halos. I also always liked being able to see my map specific stats as well. I often wonder why these things were available in the past but are not now. Seems backwards to me.