7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 41
MIb2347 wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
I may have found another significant cause to the heavy aiming... as significant as the latency. It's going to take some time to verify. Results by Saturday.
Any ideas when we can expect an update?
In my last post I had stated that I suspected there was another cause to the heavy aiming. My hypothesis turned out to be true. However, I'm not going to mention what it is.

There is only one fix for the cause. The fix would be taking a step backwards as far as game functionality in other areas is concerned. So much to the point that it would make halo and xbox appear last gen. The trade just isn't worth it. I fear that if I make the cause public people might act upon it. I will be writing 343 directly about it so that it doesn't happen in Halo 6.

Additionally, it isn't worth making the change because fixing the netcoding will be more than enough to make the game consistently responsive... which brings me to the "LAN"

Before I dive into this I'd like re-state that a LAN on this game really takes place online. (for newcomers) I just got back from a 60 hour LAN for competitive halo. We played on a 60 down 6 up connection in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Out of all the games we played that included only the eight players in the room, there were only one or two brief instances where the game became heavy. I repeat, in 3 straight days of playtime, the aim was crisp pretty much the entire time. The game actually felt like LAN... except when an outsider joined. We had one game where someone from Florida joined the game. As soon as he joined the aiming became impossible. Later we had 2 games where someone from Cali joined. Again, the aiming became impossibly heavy. One single person influenced the mechanics for the entire game... even after it had already started.

Also, there is something seriously wrong with forge maps other than just the framerate. Anytime we tried to play a forge map everyone would be teleporting. Was very strange.
OP the thing I'm still concerned about is whether there's anything we as players or 343 as a team could do to at least help the situation more. I also respect your decision on keeping information to yourself for reasons that may cause outrage among the community and more so among gamers in the FPS genre, but don't you agree that it's a controversy in of itself that you found something that affects core mechanics of the game that could cause an up roar if the information was leaked out. I say this because, for me and maybe others too, have voraciously voiced our concerns about a lot of things that aren't being addressed and the only response we seem to get is if issues for example, like their decision to disband spartan companies from warzone causes up roar, to which, they were forced to respond back. At the very least, could we get an update on if or when 343 responds to your letter?
I've received a few PM's on my discovery of another cause of heavy aim. I thought about and I will be keeping the cause to myself.

• It isn't something 343 should have foreseen.
  • It isn't something that is going to be changed. Doing so would make halo and xbox look last gen. (No, it isn't resolution related)
  • Absolutely nothing positive can come out of revealing it.
  • It's unlikely the problem will be present on the Scorpio and halo 6.
  • If the netcoding is fixed, the problem won't matter.
Could you at least tell us when Halo 6 is out and it doesn't matter as much?
I think that is also a problem, telling people that the next installment will not have that problem whenever it releases, probably not for 3 years I'm assuming, but then do we the players have to put up with this for that long and deal with inconsistent gun fights? I think that just looks bad on part of the company that made and released the game with advertisements that say the game was meant for competitive play.
As long as they fix the netcode we will be good.
IWI IUI wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
I may have found another significant cause to the heavy aiming... as significant as the latency. It's going to take some time to verify. Results by Saturday.
Any ideas when we can expect an update?
In my last post I had stated that I suspected there was another cause to the heavy aiming. My hypothesis turned out to be true. However, I'm not going to mention what it is.

There is only one fix for the cause. The fix would be taking a step backwards as far as game functionality in other areas is concerned. So much to the point that it would make halo and xbox appear last gen. The trade just isn't worth it. I fear that if I make the cause public people might act upon it. I will be writing 343 directly about it so that it doesn't happen in Halo 6.

Additionally, it isn't worth making the change because fixing the netcoding will be more than enough to make the game consistently responsive... which brings me to the "LAN"

Before I dive into this I'd like re-state that a LAN on this game really takes place online. (for newcomers) I just got back from a 60 hour LAN for competitive halo. We played on a 60 down 6 up connection in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Out of all the games we played that included only the eight players in the room, there were only one or two brief instances where the game became heavy. I repeat, in 3 straight days of playtime, the aim was crisp pretty much the entire time. The game actually felt like LAN... except when an outsider joined. We had one game where someone from Florida joined the game. As soon as he joined the aiming became impossible. Later we had 2 games where someone from Cali joined. Again, the aiming became impossibly heavy. One single person influenced the mechanics for the entire game... even after it had already started.

Also, there is something seriously wrong with forge maps other than just the framerate. Anytime we tried to play a forge map everyone would be teleporting. Was very strange.
OP the thing I'm still concerned about is whether there's anything we as players or 343 as a team could do to at least help the situation more. I also respect your decision on keeping information to yourself for reasons that may cause outrage among the community and more so among gamers in the FPS genre, but don't you agree that it's a controversy in of itself that you found something that affects core mechanics of the game that could cause an up roar if the information was leaked out. I say this because, for me and maybe others too, have voraciously voiced our concerns about a lot of things that aren't being addressed and the only response we seem to get is if issues for example, like their decision to disband spartan companies from warzone causes up roar, to which, they were forced to respond back. At the very least, could we get an update on if or when 343 responds to your letter?
I've received a few PM's on my discovery of another cause of heavy aim. I thought about and I will be keeping the cause to myself.

• It isn't something 343 should have foreseen.
  • It isn't something that is going to be changed. Doing so would make halo and xbox look last gen. (No, it isn't resolution related)
  • Absolutely nothing positive can come out of revealing it.
  • It's unlikely the problem will be present on the Scorpio and halo 6.
  • If the netcoding is fixed, the problem won't matter.
Could you at least tell us when Halo 6 is out and it doesn't matter as much?
I think that is also a problem, telling people that the next installment will not have that problem whenever it releases, probably not for 3 years I'm assuming, but then do we the players have to put up with this for that long and deal with inconsistent gun fights? I think that just looks bad on part of the company that made and released the game with advertisements that say the game was meant for competitive play.
As long as they fix the netcode we will be good.
I don't know if you personally sent 343 the letter yet, but I suggest sending that information to our community manager, as far as I can tell he seems to have relatively well transpercy with the community.
If there's just 1 single message I would like to get across to 343 regarding Halo 6, it's this:

Halo is a first person shooter.

The #1 priority above everything else is shooting.
Having ANY kind of issues with aiming, in any FPS, no matter how big your funding or how difficult it may be to fix, is absolutely unacceptable.

It needs to be flawless. Your programmers need to treat the aiming mechanics like they would treat the programming for an airplane or missile guidance system.
IWI IUI wrote:
Quote:
Op while I do respect your not telling I am very concerned to the fact that you are not telling us. I thought we (as in everyone posting here) were in this together. While I appreciate your knowledge and devotion don't you think by not telling causes more harm then good? More and more rumors and what not?
Heres some questions I have if you would please answer..
*Are you sure the letter you write 343i will get to the right people there?
No*Are you saying 343i knows why this is happening already?
Regarding the second cause. I seriously doubt it*Why is this something that 343i couldn't have for seen?
*Is this a hardware issue/Xbox One?
Sort of.*What do you mean this "shouldn't" happen in H6? with the Scorpio?
Because the second cause is sort of a hardware issue. And I'm sure they won't make the same mistake again with latency and servers affecting the aiming.
Even if there are some hardware issues with xbox one, it doesn't explain why only halo 5 is affected
Heavy aim is still there for sure. But I also have some issues which I feel are related which I made a thread about for input lag using banshees and phaetons. Not the same thing but a related issue.
Heavy aim is still there for sure. But I also have some issues which I feel are related which I made a thread about for input lag using banshees and phaetons. Not the same thing but a related issue.
I'm thinking there might be individual issues certain people get maybe based on location cause I'm really surprised some people never see certain issues.

Like for months I get no indication 9/10 times who is talking in game
hey guys :-) nice to see so many people contributing to the discussion... has anyone tried playing on higher sesitvity settings ( 6+) to prevent the heavy aim feeling ? i am thinking about trying for a substantial amount of time .. do you guys think its worth it ?

Greetings from Vikinpoowah
If there's just 1 single message I would like to get across to 343 regarding Halo 6, it's this:

Halo is a first person shooter.The #1 priority above everything else is shooting.
Having ANY kind of issues with aiming, in any FPS, no matter how big your funding or how difficult it may be to fix, is absolutely unacceptable.

It needs to be flawless. Your programmers need to treat the aiming mechanics like they would treat the programming for an airplane or missile guidance system.
Just to add on to what you said, they also cut content and released the game bare bones and on day one the aiming was broken and heavy aim is still in the game to this day, you would think with them pushing back their workload that basic mechanics like aiming and Spartan movement were consistent and fluid.
hey guys :-) nice to see so many people contributing to the discussion... has anyone tried playing on higher sesitvity settings ( 6+) to prevent the heavy aim feeling ? i am thinking about trying for a substantial amount of time .. do you guys think its worth it ?

Greetings from Vikinpoowah
It won't matter if you play on a higher sens because the heavy aim will make it feel like a ball and chain is wrapped around your gun at any sens. The only way to resolve this is to get 343 or pro players to notice this thread, what needs to happen is a net coding update that fixes input lag which is also tied into sluggish movement. When they did the last update that supposedly "fixed" the heavy aim In the game, it was really just a refresh of the server cache, which is just refreshing the servers, which is why the OPs thread is so important because they need to update the games coding on controller input rather than prioritzing server input.
After taking a bit of a hiatus - got Overwatch in December - this game now feels off to play. Even when people were bringing up the issues before, I never personally understood (the game felt great to me). Now, though, it feels strange to play. Firefight is fine, but Arena has become near unplayable.
I think the thread you made is something similar to something I said earlier in this thread where I said that picking up certain weapons would make the aimer feel even heavier and movement more clunky, but I'm not too sure if that's anything to go by when talking about vehicles. I hope my response gave you some helpful insight to vehicle side of things when the redicule lag is in play.
Its been particularly bad today.

Just a coincidence that HWC is in Mexico atm?

CONSPIRACY.
MrVilliams wrote:

CONSPIRACY.
HWC is in London atm. Mexico next.
MrVilliams wrote:

CONSPIRACY.
HWC is in London atm. Mexico next.
Ahhhh, I take that back.
I think the thread you made is something similar to something I said earlier in this thread where I said that picking up certain weapons would make the aimer feel even heavier and movement more clunky, but I'm not too sure if that's anything to go by when talking about vehicles. I hope my response gave you some helpful insight to vehicle side of things when the redicule lag is in play.
Yes Sir ☺ In fact I believe we both made such posts earlier in this thread (made point about to rocket launcher) and others to dmr I believe.
Yes Sir ☺ In fact I believe we both made such posts earlier in this thread (made point about to rocket launcher) and others to dmr I believe.
The Sniper and DMR always feel super heavy to me. I can barely use them because of how unresponsive and heavy they feel and I usually just don't even bother picking them up. The exception is when the sniper is on spawn and I don't have any teammates close enough to get it. In this case, I'll get it just to prevent the other team from having it.
I've been playing Slayer with the XBOX One resolution set to 480p... it s noticeable smoother and easier to aim (and move around).
Also, is there and performance (aiming) increase, with the xbox s?
IWI IUI wrote:
Quote:
Op while I do respect your not telling I am very concerned to the fact that you are not telling us. I thought we (as in everyone posting here) were in this together. While I appreciate your knowledge and devotion don't you think by not telling causes more harm then good? More and more rumors and what not?
Heres some questions I have if you would please answer..
*Are you sure the letter you write 343i will get to the right people there?
No*Are you saying 343i knows why this is happening already?
Regarding the second cause. I seriously doubt it*Why is this something that 343i couldn't have for seen?
*Is this a hardware issue/Xbox One?
Sort of.*What do you mean this "shouldn't" happen in H6? with the Scorpio?
Because the second cause is sort of a hardware issue. And I'm sure they won't make the same mistake again with latency and servers affecting the aiming.
Op thanks for answering a few of my questions. Im just worried that this issue we have now wont get fixed at all.. And im very worried this issue is going to linger over to Halo6. I just don't have the faith in 343i as much as you may have. To much time has pasted and to much of this type of thing has been happening to Halo for far to long and im not talking just H5..Call it back luck or whatever its just to much for any player to have to deal with.. In all honesty I hope for the sake of future players and current players they come up with a fix. But you have to look at 343i track record when it comes to fixing things. As far as im concerned it doesn't even strike average.

Zippy
x Spades x wrote:
I've been playing Slayer with the XBOX One resolution set to 480p... it s noticeable smoother and easier to aim (and move around).
It's most definitely a net coding issue than a resolution issue.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 41