7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 41
S Monki wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
Quote:
Op while I do respect your not telling I am very concerned to the fact that you are not telling us. I thought we (as in everyone posting here) were in this together. While I appreciate your knowledge and devotion don't you think by not telling causes more harm then good? More and more rumors and what not?
Heres some questions I have if you would please answer..
*Are you sure the letter you write 343i will get to the right people there?
No*Are you saying 343i knows why this is happening already?
Regarding the second cause. I seriously doubt it*Why is this something that 343i couldn't have for seen?
*Is this a hardware issue/Xbox One?
Sort of.*What do you mean this "shouldn't" happen in H6? with the Scorpio?
Because the second cause is sort of a hardware issue. And I'm sure they won't make the same mistake again with latency and servers affecting the aiming.
As for the heavy aiming: I'm honestly expecting 343 to address it in their next community update. The amount of times that I've seen them actually label something as a "maintenance update" and that much emphasis on fixes is few and far between.
I really hope they do. We certainly deserve it.
Not a word about servers, heavy aim, crashes, disconnects etc. But if you want to get a Halo wars 2 fan pep talk buy it now post, its the right com up.... smh
True. It's more or less a wait and see game while maintaining the thread. Last time they supposedly fixed the aiming it wasn't mentioned until after the update came out if I remember correctly.
MIb2347 wrote:
S Monki wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
Quote:
Op while I do respect your not telling I am very concerned to the fact that you are not telling us. I thought we (as in everyone posting here) were in this together. While I appreciate your knowledge and devotion don't you think by not telling causes more harm then good? More and more rumors and what not?
Heres some questions I have if you would please answer..
*Are you sure the letter you write 343i will get to the right people there?
No*Are you saying 343i knows why this is happening already?
Regarding the second cause. I seriously doubt it*Why is this something that 343i couldn't have for seen?
*Is this a hardware issue/Xbox One?
Sort of.*What do you mean this "shouldn't" happen in H6? with the Scorpio?
Because the second cause is sort of a hardware issue. And I'm sure they won't make the same mistake again with latency and servers affecting the aiming.
As for the heavy aiming: I'm honestly expecting 343 to address it in their next community update. The amount of times that I've seen them actually label something as a "maintenance update" and that much emphasis on fixes is few and far between.
I really hope they do. We certainly deserve it.
Not a word about servers, heavy aim, crashes, disconnects etc. But if you want to get a Halo wars 2 fan pep talk buy it now post, its the right com up.... smh
That's what gets my goat. Anytime there's a post about something trivial they're all over it and people think they're just amazing and so involved with the community. But when it comes to discussing a game breaking issue they're silent.
I kinda wish pro players would take to Twitter or social media outlets and put this issue on blast because they actually hold a following that 343 would have to address. No other FPS game has game breaking issues like this, but what's even more funny is that they advertised this to be a competitive experience. If counter strike had issues with their aiming, I know for a fact that CsGo players would be putring the devs on blast at all times. Let me be very clear, if you are pro player and this is an issue with the game you have every right whether 343 can fix it or not, to put this issue and them on blast.
So I realized that my router needed a firmware update the other night... After installing, almost every game I played that night felt very good and responsive. Not perfect, but much better.

Tonight I got on and the aiming felt right back to the way that it used to: terrible. I felt new levels of frustration tonight. I'm going to go ahead and say that although my router could have had something to do with it, I think I just played on good servers all night that night since everything felt like it reverted tonight. Having controller input be tied to connection is one of the worst things a game developer could ever have done.

We're still waiting, 343. This still needs to be addressed and isn't getting any better. You can't just keep ignoring the problem and all the players who notice it. It is game breaking and can't just be swept under the rug.

It really is embarrassing and pitiful that this problem hasn't been formally addressed and or fixed by now.
So I realized that my router needed a firmware update the other night... After installing, almost every game I played that night felt very good and responsive. Not perfect, but much better.

Tonight I got on and the aiming felt right back to the way that it used to: terrible. I felt new levels of frustration tonight. I'm going to go ahead and say that although my router could have had something to do with it, I think I just played on good servers all night that night since everything felt like it reverted tonight. Having controller input be tied to connection is one of the worst things a game developer could ever have done.We're still waiting, 343. This still needs to be addressed and isn't getting any better. You can't just keep ignoring the problem and all the players who notice it. It is game breaking and can't just be swept under the rug.It really is embarrassing and pitiful that this problem hasn't been formally addressed and or fixed by now.
You have no idea how true the bold sentences echo our fustration. Just recently vetoed tweeted out about this issue and a couple pros chimed in, so at least we're not alone in this frustrating ordeal. It's almost like 343 wants to control how people aim rather than players themselves. Its just so funny that they stay silent about this and do nothing, but when it comes to noobs not being able to use their reqs cause of friends playing together, they view that situation as a game breaking feature LOL.

Tonight I got on and the aiming felt right back to the way that it used to: terrible. I felt new levels of frustration tonight. I'm going to go ahead and say that although my router could have had something to do with it, I think I just played on good servers all night that night since everything felt like it reverted tonight. Having controller input be tied to connection is one of the worst things a game developer could ever have done.We're still waiting, 343. This still needs to be addressed and isn't getting any better. You can't just keep ignoring the problem and all the players who notice it. It is game breaking and can't just be swept under the rug.It really is embarrassing and pitiful that this problem hasn't been formally addressed and or fixed by now.
You have no idea how true the bold sentences echo our fustration. Just recently vetoed tweeted out about this issue and a couple pros chimed in, so at least we're not alone in this frustrating ordeal. It's almost like 343 wants to control how people aim rather than players themselves. Its just so funny that they stay silent about this and do nothing, but when it comes to noobs not being able to use their reqs cause of friends playing together, they view that situation as a game breaking feature LOL.
Is this the tweet?

https://mobile.twitter.com/FrostyBB/status/835949973644668930
MIb2347 wrote:

Is this the tweet?

I think it was this one:

https://twitter.com/Vetoed/status/835947128992169984
MIb2347 wrote:

Is this the tweet?

I think it was this one:

https://twitter.com/Vetoed/status/835947128992169984
I just read through it all and it's nice to see big names talking about it.

If it isn't fixed in the next maintenance update (apparently March 9th) then I'm not waiting another 20 months until Halo 6. Over the last few months I've only found a few FFA games on expanded, forge maps have developed frame rate issues and the aiming is still messed up. I've now really stopped enjoying Halo 5 like I used to. These stupid little issues hold Halo 5 back from being such an amazing game and it's a terrible shame.
I'm now thinking it's the analogue sticks. I just had my movement go all funky. It was like it was recieving an inverted input along with the normal input. it lasted for about 1-2 seconds.
I'm now thinking it's the analogue sticks. I just had my movement go all funky. It was like it was recieving an inverted input along with the normal input. it lasted for about 1-2 seconds.
It can't be a controller issue because I can go play any Halo on MCC and they all feel great.
I absolutely hate this issue. I've found that it seems to affect players with a lower sensitivity more, and makes aiming so slow that it's almost impossible to shoot correctly.
I absolutely hate this issue. I've found that it seems to affect players with a lower sensitivity more, and makes aiming so slow that it's almost impossible to shoot correctly.
I agree. And it doesnt pay to even mess with ones sensitivity because it varies every game. The game is just a mess to play. Theres no way to get better at a game like this when the game itself is just plain broke! But no worries 343i will help you out by giving you a nice new weapon skin. That should do the trick! LOL. So many are effected by this nightmare I just cant believe there are many playing anymore. All my friends around here have long moved on. And theres no way there coming back! Theres two very active threads on waypoint. This one and the one on servers latency and disconnects. And of course these two most active threads are still being over looked by 343i. Awesome!! :-/

Zippy.
It can't be a controller issue because I can go play any Halo on MCC and they all feel great.
But halo 5 also has issues with other controller inputs. Like recieving a double input (even in the case of grenades and 2 are thrown at the same time, one animation), ignoring an input, and mixing up the buttons. I've not had the same issues in other games.
I'm unsure which of these is heavy aim or if they both are ?

1st one what ever my sensitivity is it randomly increases or decreases in some games. It tends to last the whole match. But at its worst it's all over the place.

Or a change in aim assist some times it's higher making it considerably easier to shoot and it can go all the way to inverted and my aim is being repelled from the enemy.

Edit: I should say that it's only recently I've noticed an issue with it being repelled or it might be more accurate to say my aim was being pulled strongly to and area away from the enemy. In the strongest case of it it was stuck in place moving to the right would force me back to the left and viseversa
I really hope in this new update aiming gets fixed. The aiming in h5 has been terrible since launch. Constantly it feels heavy, inconsistent depending on the server. Every now and then you get that server that makes you feel like a boss then the next game youre thinking wtf happened? No other shooter out there thats competitive have issues like this. halo1-5beta didnt have any such issues. Even halo 3 where it was highly criticized for its broken acceleration didn't come close to the broken aiming in halo 5. 343 were not asking for much here. We just want a first person shooter title to have "Good/perfect aiming like its been like in every halo since this one.(well h3 was decent but still you know what i mean). Im constantly having sensitivity issues and changing my sens since no matter what it never is consistent. I never had this much sensitivity crisis's in any halo before this one. I adore all the sens options personally I do. The ability to customize our sens is great. Actually i remember playing 3.5 3.5 and 3 accel when customization options for that came out. 2 weeks later because aiming went to crap again aiming with that was next to near impossible. You know its almost amusing how smooth aiming in warzone is compared to arena. Its honestly ridiculous. Perhaps the casual players dont get up on you as much as those who play competitively since honestly they never notice anyway the issues those who actually play this game more than once a week actually notice. When heavy aim supposedly was fixed it felt great. I was no longer losing battles i know i could win. Autos in this game are considered op right(even i myself say so) but theyre op because of the terrible aiming. Aiming with a precision weapon in cqc is way too hard and feels way to clunky. Compare cqc battles in the past and youd know this. But I was rekting kids with my pistol br dmr etc up close. Then 2 weeks later felt like my gun was underwater with weights attached to my arms. We need this fixed. People dont want to wait for halo 6 to have good aiming again. Please 343 fix this. :)
An other example is my aim getting stuck inbetween 2 Spartans and the reticle would go towards a spartan and slow down and then repelled away then as I then tried the other Spartan it did the same thing. I couldn't even just flick the reticle over them it just wouldn't touch them.
I really hope in this new update aiming gets fixed.
I had great hope in this fix (by each community update that mentioned this) but the last one shot my hopes down to what seems to be only "small fixes" and mostly focused on forge updates/fixes....
I hope they fine tune the aim assist. It's really annoying to have your reticle be taken off the guy you're shooting because someone runs in front of you or behind the enemy.
I honestly don't think there is any fix coming soon for this. And I don't expect any update in March to fix this either. My whole point is they need to do something to fix it. I wouldn't even worry about Halo6 yet when this game isn't even functioning properly. Whatever team 343i has to address and fix issues like this I would put them on full alert and get all hands on deck and get this issue sorted out. If it even means putting a hold on Halo6 I would do it!! If it involves H5 going off line for them to sort it out I would say do it!! Im sure there has to be something they can do to help ease this issue at the very least. Doing nothing is the wrong answer..

You have to ask yourself... Are you willing to play this game like this until H6 comes out? Remember we are not talking weeks here.. We are talking a good year or two!

Zippy.
An other example is my aim getting stuck inbetween 2 Spartans and the reticle would go towards a spartan and slow down and then repelled away then as I then tried the other Spartan it did the same thing. I couldn't even just flick the reticle over them it just wouldn't touch them.
I've experienced this a couple of times on this game. Last time I experienced this was back in h3.
Dear 343

a couple of days ago someone posted a thread on this forum asking "what is the best way to contact 343".... one of the forum moderators from 343 answered "submit your question in the forums :-) " ... and here we are months later into this post not getting a single response on a game breaking issue... i think it is beyond weird to not
acknowledge a problem of this calibre.. well i do love the game but trying to get better at this point is impossible

i dont mind having delayed grenades, i dont mind have delayed shot reg, and i surely do understand the problems and difficulties tied to online matchmaking.. what i cant handle is this terrible unconsistent aiming.. when it comes to FPS games i have played ALOT of different ones., and i have NEVER experienced such a game breaking issue in any other game.. its such a shame because i do love halo and halo 5 when it runs the way it is supposed to !

so i ask you 343, can we please have some kind of feedback regarding the issue

Thanks in advance Vikingpowah
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 41