Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Heavy Aim Fix Incoming

OP IWI IUI

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 41
The aiming still feels heavy for me. It only felt fixed when they released that update to fix it but itvwasnt for long that the aiming felt heavy again.
IWI IUI wrote:
Hopped on today hoping it would still be clean... it wasn't. Disappointing. Same story, farther the players, heavier the aim.

A player leaves or joins and the aiming completely changes and game freezes. Server disconnects. etc.

Interestingly clearing the cache through the dashboard every game helps which might suggest the xbox has memory dumping issues. Upon some reading it appears this isn't the only game that has suffered/ suffers from input lag when playing online.

I've been playing halo since the release of halo 1. I think it's time for me to leave and never come back. If xbox and halo can't even nail down the primary functions, the series is as good as done.
I feel the exact same. 343 released ANOTHER game broken, maybe not nearly as broken as MCC, but the Aimer is messed up holding ppl back and they have the audacity to say this game was created with competitive in mind and not do anything about it. Pro players that dont aggressively put this issue up and try to politely tell 343 to fix it are just as part of the problem, but that's fine cause when Microsoft realizes their throwing money at a game that holds no revenue for them, pros will have to be more vocal about this. I just wish someone could make and upload a video discussing this specific topic and how game breaking this really is. I dont know if microsoft even knows this is an issue, but it's not good business practice to higher incompetent workers and not reprimand them. A video on this topic would certainly cause a commotion in the gaming community and any esports from touching this game and perhaps other console shooters. Microsoft needs to answer why this is an issue that this company can't fix. The funny part about this is they had cut content in the begining to prioritize functionality, and as I write this they were supposed to release th updated radar playlist today, but they can't even do that correctly. If any one who never played halo 5 before and watched someone like contra, they would never buy their game, really pressing start every .2 seconds so you can aim properly disgusting and how they refuse to fix heavy aim in halo 5 is just as disgusting
This season I did my placement matches after a while of not playing and as a result I ended up placing low platinum where before I've been diamond and even grinded up to onyx. I've noticed in this group there seems to be a quitter basically every game and often multiple players leave mid game.

I got to wondering why this is and honestly I think it's because the average to experienced players that respect the game have just gone. I think the only people that are left playing the game are casual players that have bad habits like quitting as soon as a game looks difficult to win and the hardcore crowd that play because there's no other competitive 4v4 shooter like Halo. I think Halo 5 has lost the respect of so many of it's old core fans.

There's a community message when you start the game saying the maintenance update was part of their commitment to providing a consistent experience, but if heavy aim is still an issue then I don't know what they think constitutes a consistent experience.
Aiming is still very inconsistent for me. I could have 60% of accuracy and 15% of headshot in a game and the next game 30% accuracy and 1% of headshot. Some games are very slow and i have to increase aim settings, and the next game i have to change them again cause are too fast.
I am playing since day one and after "2 years" i don't know which aim settings i have to use, and even when i find a good setting i suffer of very bad hit registration.....
I suffered from Heavy Aiming all day today while playing ranked, I never experience heavy aiming in customs because I'm usually running customs with North Americans. I have noticed a frequent amount of times I've played today being put on a server with 160+ ping, lag spikes in the 300 ping area and most of the users I am playing against are from South America, and I mean very very far south as well.

I bought a brand new controller thinking I had slow turn, problem still persisted, turns out, it's just heavy aiming. But when I don't have heavy aiming I end up windmilling because I was so used to trying to compensate for server aiming issues.

Along with heavy aiming there is input lag with switching weapons, picking up weapons or power ups, melees and slides.

I'm not happy with this, but at least I know I'm not crazy anymore. So when I say it feels sluggish or my aiming feels slow, I know it's on the server and not on my end.
MIb2347 wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
Hopped on today hoping it would still be clean... it wasn't. Disappointing. Same story, farther the players, heavier the aim.

A player leaves or joins and the aiming completely changes and game freezes. Server disconnects. etc.

Interestingly clearing the cache through the dashboard every game helps which might suggest the xbox has memory dumping issues. Upon some reading it appears this isn't the only game that has suffered/ suffers from input lag when playing online.

I've been playing halo since the release of halo 1. I think it's time for me to leave and never come back. If xbox and halo can't even nail down the primary functions, the series is as good as done.
I feel the exact same. 343 released ANOTHER game broken, maybe not nearly as broken as MCC, but the Aimer is messed up holding ppl back and they have the audacity to say this game was created with competitive in mind and not do anything about it. Pro players that dont aggressively put this issue up and try to politely tell 343 to fix it are just as part of the problem, but that's fine cause when Microsoft realizes their throwing money at a game that holds no revenue for them, pros will have to be more vocal about this. I just wish someone could make and upload a video discussing this specific topic and how game breaking this really is. I dont know if microsoft even knows this is an issue, but it's not good business practice to higher incompetent workers and not reprimand them. A video on this topic would certainly cause a commotion in the gaming community and any esports from touching this game and perhaps other console shooters. Microsoft needs to answer why this is an issue that this company can't fix. The funny part about this is they had cut content in the begining to prioritize functionality, and as I write this they were supposed to release th updated radar playlist today, but they can't even do that correctly. If any one who never played halo 5 before and watched someone like contra, they would never buy their game, really pressing start every .2 seconds so you can aim properly disgusting and how they refuse to fix heavy aim in halo 5 is just as disgusting
This season I did my placement matches after a while of not playing and as a result I ended up placing low platinum where before I've been diamond and even grinded up to onyx. I've noticed in this group there seems to be a quitter basically every game and often multiple players leave mid game.

I got to wondering why this is and honestly I think it's because the average to experienced players that respect the game have just gone. I think the only people that are left playing the game are casual players that have bad habits like quitting as soon as a game looks difficult to win and the hardcore crowd that play because there's no other competitive 4v4 shooter like Halo. I think Halo 5 has lost the respect of so many of it's old core fans.

There's a community message when you start the game saying the maintenance update was part of their commitment to providing a consistent experience, but if heavy aim is still an issue then I don't know what they think constitutes a consistent experience.
A consistently inconsistent experience I believe :)

But yes, players quit out a s soon as the enemy team caps a flag or gets a 5 kill lead. I cannot play in full fire teams because all my friends quit H5, and the new friends I made in the game in the past couple of months have also seemingly given up on H5. So I am still stuck playing solo or with one friend of mine. And thats when you win games pretty much the same way as just throwing a dice for the win/loss. All the frustration based on the performance of the game made people quit and I might as well.
Yvern wrote:
I suffered from Heavy Aiming all day today while playing ranked, I never experience heavy aiming in customs because I'm usually running customs with North Americans. I have noticed a frequent amount of times I've played today being put on a server with 160+ ping, lag spikes in the 300 ping area and most of the users I am playing against are from South America, and I mean very very far south as well.

I bought a brand new controller thinking I had slow turn, problem still persisted, turns out, it's just heavy aiming. But when I don't have heavy aiming I end up windmilling because I was so used to trying to compensate for server aiming issues.

Along with heavy aiming there is input lag with switching weapons, picking up weapons or power ups, melees and slides.

I'm not happy with this, but at least I know I'm not crazy anymore. So when I say it feels sluggish or my aiming feels slow, I know it's on the server and not on my end.
The input lag drives me nuts! Particularly, for some reason, with flying vehicles like the banshee, but definitely applies to the areas you mentioned.
Yvern wrote:
I suffered from Heavy Aiming all day today while playing ranked, I never experience heavy aiming in customs because I'm usually running customs with North Americans. I have noticed a frequent amount of times I've played today being put on a server with 160+ ping, lag spikes in the 300 ping area and most of the users I am playing against are from South America, and I mean very very far south as well.

I bought a brand new controller thinking I had slow turn, problem still persisted, turns out, it's just heavy aiming. But when I don't have heavy aiming I end up windmilling because I was so used to trying to compensate for server aiming issues.

Along with heavy aiming there is input lag with switching weapons, picking up weapons or power ups, melees and slides.I'm not happy with this, but at least I know I'm not crazy anymore. So when I say it feels sluggish or my aiming feels slow, I know it's on the server and not on my end.
The input lag drives me nuts! Particularly, for some reason, with flying vehicles like the banshee, but definitely applies to the areas you mentioned.
Oh don't you love it when someone rushes a power up but you were on it first and they still managed to grab it?

Or when your banshee bomb doesnt go off until after you've moved out of the position you originally aimed it at.
Yvern wrote:
cut
Along with heavy aiming there is input lag with switching weapons, picking up weapons or power ups, melees and slides.
cut
I agree with this issue too, input lag is increasing. I have experienced this issue firing rockets or throwing two granades (i have to push the button many times to throw the second nade).
For example one time i suicided myself while trying to fire a rocket. I was playing on eden, i jumped from catwalk to red nest firing a rocket to an enemy, the rocket didn't shoot when i jumped and i repeatedly pushed the button, and at end the rocket shot when it is too late and finished against the wall in front of my face.
Collet005 wrote:
Yvern wrote:
cut
Along with heavy aiming there is input lag with switching weapons, picking up weapons or power ups, melees and slides.
cut
I agree with this issue too, input lag is increasing. I have experienced this issue firing rockets or throwing two granades (i have to push the button many times to throw the second nade).
For example one time i suicided myself while trying to fire a rocket. I was playing on eden, i jumped from catwalk to red nest firing a rocket to an enemy, the rocket didn't shoot when i jumped and i repeatedly pushed the button, and at end the rocket shot when it is too late and finished against the wall in front of my face.
Grenade delay can be redicilous at times when you see your arm moving and the grenade only launches like a second later. Or as you say spaming the gtrigger to fire the rocket and it doesn´t happen.
Yvern wrote:
Yvern wrote:
I suffered from Heavy Aiming all day today while playing ranked, I never experience heavy aiming in customs because I'm usually running customs with North Americans. I have noticed a frequent amount of times I've played today being put on a server with 160+ ping, lag spikes in the 300 ping area and most of the users I am playing against are from South America, and I mean very very far south as well.

I bought a brand new controller thinking I had slow turn, problem still persisted, turns out, it's just heavy aiming. But when I don't have heavy aiming I end up windmilling because I was so used to trying to compensate for server aiming issues.

Along with heavy aiming there is input lag with switching weapons, picking up weapons or power ups, melees and slides.I'm not happy with this, but at least I know I'm not crazy anymore. So when I say it feels sluggish or my aiming feels slow, I know it's on the server and not on my end.
The input lag drives me nuts! Particularly, for some reason, with flying vehicles like the banshee, but definitely applies to the areas you mentioned.
Oh don't you love it when someone rushes a power up but you were on it first and they still managed to grab it? Or just trying to grab any weapon on the ground and having to go back to get it because you didn´t pick it up as you passed over it the first time.

Or when your banshee bomb doesnt go off until after you've moved out of the position you originally aimed it at.
Oh yeah. Stand on the sniper spawn for 10 seconds and then hold/push X to grab it and then this guy rushes past you and just grabs it instead. Or just trying to pick up any weapon on the ground but having to go back again as you didn´t get it the first time you tried to grab it.

I love to be a sitting duck in a banshee unable to roll or flip when shot at. Works fine to do in a custom game but in matchmaking its a 50% chance that you can actually perform the moves.
Still not fixed smh, its been over a year man
How could they mess this up
MIb2347 wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
Hopped on today hoping it would still be clean... it wasn't. Disappointing. Same story, farther the players, heavier the aim.

A player leaves or joins and the aiming completely changes and game freezes. Server disconnects. etc.

Interestingly clearing the cache through the dashboard every game helps which might suggest the xbox has memory dumping issues. Upon some reading it appears this isn't the only game that has suffered/ suffers from input lag when playing online.

I've been playing halo since the release of halo 1. I think it's time for me to leave and never come back. If xbox and halo can't even nail down the primary functions, the series is as good as done.
I feel the exact same. 343 released ANOTHER game broken, maybe not nearly as broken as MCC, but the Aimer is messed up holding ppl back and they have the audacity to say this game was created with competitive in mind and not do anything about it. Pro players that dont aggressively put this issue up and try to politely tell 343 to fix it are just as part of the problem, but that's fine cause when Microsoft realizes their throwing money at a game that holds no revenue for them, pros will have to be more vocal about this. I just wish someone could make and upload a video discussing this specific topic and how game breaking this really is. I dont know if microsoft even knows this is an issue, but it's not good business practice to higher incompetent workers and not reprimand them. A video on this topic would certainly cause a commotion in the gaming community and any esports from touching this game and perhaps other console shooters. Microsoft needs to answer why this is an issue that this company can't fix. The funny part about this is they had cut content in the begining to prioritize functionality, and as I write this they were supposed to release th updated radar playlist today, but they can't even do that correctly. If any one who never played halo 5 before and watched someone like contra, they would never buy their game, really pressing start every .2 seconds so you can aim properly disgusting and how they refuse to fix heavy aim in halo 5 is just as disgusting
This season I did my placement matches after a while of not playing and as a result I ended up placing low platinum where before I've been diamond and even grinded up to onyx. I've noticed in this group there seems to be a quitter basically every game and often multiple players leave mid game.

I got to wondering why this is and honestly I think it's because the average to experienced players that respect the game have just gone. I think the only people that are left playing the game are casual players that have bad habits like quitting as soon as a game looks difficult to win and the hardcore crowd that play because there's no other competitive 4v4 shooter like Halo. I think Halo 5 has lost the respect of so many of it's old core fans.

There's a community message when you start the game saying the maintenance update was part of their commitment to providing a consistent experience, but if heavy aim is still an issue then I don't know what they think constitutes a consistent experience.
A consistently inconsistent experience I believe :)

But yes, players quit out a s soon as the enemy team caps a flag or gets a 5 kill lead. I cannot play in full fire teams because all my friends quit H5, and the new friends I made in the game in the past couple of months have also seemingly given up on H5. So I am still stuck playing solo or with one friend of mine. And thats when you win games pretty much the same way as just throwing a dice for the win/loss. All the frustration based on the performance of the game made people quit and I might as well.
Oh gawd.. this ^. I can't count how many times I've played 3v4s / 2v4s. I don't mind losing on equal grounds but when you start off with just 3 in your team in an objective game, with known issues with heavy aiming and hit reg, it's just not fun at all. Not to mention maps with ridiculous frame rate drops (I'm looking at you Pegasus and Orion!).

I'd love to play with previous teammates who lobby with me, but maaaaan, after teaming up, my hit reg just gets worse, even going as high as 20+ assists because I couldn't put that last bullet on the enemy before they hide. I end up being a liability. So much for making friends on Halo 5.

This game is just so broken and makes you question your skill, sanity, equipment, etc.

This is just so heartbreaking and 343i / Microsoft dont care, not one bit.
So two updates ago they said they fixed the heavy aim. Then shortly after, I know I read that they said they could not fix the frame rates on the forge maps (Pegasus 2 and Orion 2) in H5. Now we still have heavy aim and the frame rates are fixed. They are obviously very confused.
Collet005 wrote:
Yvern wrote:
cut
Along with heavy aiming there is input lag with switching weapons, picking up weapons or power ups, melees and slides.
cut
I agree with this issue too, input lag is increasing. I have experienced this issue firing rockets or throwing two granades (i have to push the button many times to throw the second nade).
For example one time i suicided myself while trying to fire a rocket. I was playing on eden, i jumped from catwalk to red nest firing a rocket to an enemy, the rocket didn't shoot when i jumped and i repeatedly pushed the button, and at end the rocket shot when it is too late and finished against the wall in front of my face.
Same here you guys. I honestly thought it was equipment / internet related.
Upgraded to a Benq monitor, got everything wired, changed my elite controllers twice, even upgraded my internet. Guess what, this is still happening.

It has gone to a point that my guns will fire a second late. I noticed it first on the magnum and it just... shoots blanks at the start or in between firing. This was driving me crazy (hence, the elite controller change).

On bad servers, I can never stay alive over melees done at the same time and enemy always gets the power-up even if I was there just a tad bit earlier.

Just utterly frustrating. Everytime I hope into a game, I have to remind myself not to put so much hope into getting a fair game because it will just disappoint.
Collet005 wrote:
Aiming is still very inconsistent for me. I could have 60% of accuracy and 15% of headshot in a game and the next game 30% accuracy and 1% of headshot. Some games are very slow and i have to increase aim settings, and the next game i have to change them again cause are too fast.
I am playing since day one and after "2 years" i don't know which aim settings i have to use, and even when i find a good setting i suffer of very bad hit registration.....
Good point and this game is supposed to be hit scan, lied about that too no suprise
So two updates ago they said they fixed the heavy aim. Then shortly after, I know I read that they said they could not fix the frame rates on the forge maps (Pegasus 2 and Orion 2) in H5. Now we still have heavy aim and the frame rates are fixed. They are obviously very confused.
Yeah!! I saw that too, they said "don't expect to see frames fixed in H5's lifespan." This further proves my view that this company obviously will pour resources to things if they deem it to be a high priority fix, which fixing frames was good, but what about the garbage aiming mechanics, hit registration and overall update to the netcode. Prioritize aiming, it's not hard to do, I'm really begining to wonder if Microsoft themselves know of these issues, it's almost seems to me that writing to 343 is pointless, but spamming Microsoft at least would annoy them to do something.
Collet005 wrote:
Aiming is still very inconsistent for me. I could have 60% of accuracy and 15% of headshot in a game and the next game 30% accuracy and 1% of headshot. Some games are very slow and i have to increase aim settings, and the next game i have to change them again cause are too fast.
I am playing since day one and after "2 years" i don't know which aim settings i have to use, and even when i find a good setting i suffer of very bad hit registration.....
Isnt that the truth! As long as this game has been out im still messing around with the aim settings. I never had to do this at all with other Halo titles. Hit registration is another very problematic issue with this game. Also something I didn't notice to this level on any other Halo title. Both of these issues are game breaking.

Zippy
Something else that I think doesn't help this game at all is these "search preferences". Some how in 343i wise wisdom they thought tying skill and connection together in one search preference was a good idea. But the fact of the matter is this shouldn't ever be done like that. Because one is taking priority over the other. When im searching on focused why is it im getting players thousands of miles away from me? That shouldnt be happening at all. As a result the game plays horrible and of course this heavy aim is present. If this game is truly on dedicated servers why is it they don't have a server selection option? I find this very strange they didn't do this. There should be a server selection option based on ping numbers. Select the server you want.. then proceed having preferences based on skill only. What we have now is very mysterious and we have no idea at all what 343i formula is that there using in there crazy madness. The more one digs into this game the more it makes me wonder if 343i really is in over there head.

Zippy.
Collet005 wrote:
Aiming is still very inconsistent for me. I could have 60% of accuracy and 15% of headshot in a game and the next game 30% accuracy and 1% of headshot. Some games are very slow and i have to increase aim settings, and the next game i have to change them again cause are too fast.
I am playing since day one and after "2 years" i don't know which aim settings i have to use, and even when i find a good setting i suffer of very bad hit registration.....
Isnt that the truth! As long as this game has been out im still messing around with the aim settings. I never had to do this at all with other Halo titles. Hit registration is another very problematic issue with this game. Also something I didn't notice to this level on any other Halo title. Both of these issues are game breaking.

Zippy
its ludicrous that the game feels so off, getting expanded and balanced searchers on your focused games i think has part of the blame. i dont get how a guy connecting from around the globe seems to get a better game than me, often they go super positive while you yourself are struggling to keep up. i mean they should have a -Yoink- connection, but instead the game tries to fix it by giving you a fake even worse connection. This issue + smurfs is killing the enjoyment of the game. im used by now to not ever rely on hit registration, 4 shots 5 shots, gun punches etc is so rare to be on point.
Input lag anyone?? So incredibly annoyed with this game, and particularly with input lag on flying vehicles!!!!!! I was not able to do anything but fire the rocket, you can see my lame attempts at turning/flipping/rolling but to no avail. All I get is a slight tilt on that banshee and I´m practically a sitting duck being shot down in no time.

Works like a charm in a custom game where I can roll, flip or do whatever I like with the banshee. Also works in mm of course, but quite often I get input lag like in the above clip. It is particularly with flying vehicles, and I have no issues with the hardware I can tell you. My spartan can fel heavy/slow to turn in heavy aim games but with a banshee.......AMAGAD!!!!!!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 41